Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 04:21 AM

50,591 posts, read 47,422,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Los Angeles is bringing back mask mandates.

How long will this charade go on? I hope people don’t comply.
Anything North of San Diego is a**** show. Buyer beware. We had the "mask mandate" for a short time until Newsolini got caught TWICE without it. His kids were in private school without a mask, he was at dinner without a mask, at a football game without a mask with Magic Johnson.

People are such tools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 05:33 AM

45,358 posts, read 26,621,258 times
LA had like 95% compliance through covid, yet here they are bringing back a mask mandate. They really do work huh? lol

Old 07-16-2022, 07:23 AM

8,425 posts, read 3,589,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Because they are sheep. Quite simply.

That's the last area of our society where people don't yet have the balls to not do it.

The CDC even admitted that cloth masks do nothing, but hospitals still hand them out because they are a captive audience and they have a very high liberal population governing them.

Most of the doctor's offices in my area though have dropped them.
Seriously, what area doesn't make you wear masks to get seen by a doctor. I have to go to the doctor a lot. I would love to get doctors that have dropped the masks. I keep getting skin infection from the masks.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:30 AM

5,121 posts, read 1,698,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Los Angeles is bringing back mask mandates.

How long will this charade go on? I hope people don’t comply.

Sounds about right for the fascists in California.

Old 07-16-2022, 09:20 AM

18,946 posts, read 8,574,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Can you tell me which locales in Africa were following pandemic guidelines? Thanks in advance.

I went to Brazil in September 2020 (their winter) and they were barely following any protocols. Curfew was midnight, masking was optional - up to the individual or individual store owner.

And then in the USA, Florida abolished all restrictions in September 2020, and from there it was purely voluntary, and of course Flu was gone in Florida as well.

What you have is a belief that is not supported by any evidence or logical thinking.
My 'belief' is still the best guess. I posted several times that the miracle of the Influenza bug disappearing all over the planet on its own, commensurate with the Pandemic is still a possibility.

Yearly Influenza usually starts in the southern hemisphere, typically in Asia. And if the original nidus of that potential Flu occurred in a protocol area, it may never have developed enough to spread out to the world.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:11 PM

3,113 posts, read 946,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
My 'belief' is still the best guess. I posted several times that the miracle of the Influenza bug disappearing all over the planet on its own, commensurate with the Pandemic is still a possibility.

Yearly Influenza usually starts in the southern hemisphere, typically in Asia. And if the original nidus of that potential Flu occurred in a protocol area, it may never have developed enough to spread out to the world.
Asia doesn’t cross the equator unless you count Indonesia.

Below the equator you have 3 large landmasses - S America, Africa, Australia. But Australia is sparsely populated.

Fyi, there were two things that happened. A new virus, which beat influenza viruses to its hosts. And less travel out of China where most influenza viruses originate. The second is due to pandemic protocols but not masking.

Closing schools probably made a dent too.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:55 PM

39,948 posts, read 26,665,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Funny. This is why the Dr's said wearing a mask PREVENTS YOU from spreading covid. When did everyone of the anti-maskers decide to forget that fact?
About the time Fauci went from saying "wear a mask to prevent spreading Covid to others" to "wear a mask to protect yourself from catching Covid". To "you need to wear 2 masks to protect yourself". You're not saying he was lying now, are you?

Old 07-16-2022, 03:59 PM

39,948 posts, read 26,665,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You're echoing Osterholm. The reason flu went into hiding during Covid was whatever phenomenon happened in 2009. Not masks or "social distancing" or whatever associated nonsense.
Or, the flu "went into hiding" because nearly every case of influenza was logged as Covid.

Old 07-16-2022, 05:28 PM

18,946 posts, read 8,574,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
About the time Fauci went from saying "wear a mask to prevent spreading Covid to others" to "wear a mask to protect yourself from catching Covid". To "you need to wear 2 masks to protect yourself". You're not saying he was lying now, are you?
He was making best general guesses, and those needed to be updated over time as the virus and Pandemic evolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies