Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 08:26 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,797,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What was forgotten? If some of the virus makes it through then you are not preventing spread.
ok, this is when I start to wonder who I am talking to.

If some of the virus DOES NOT make it through, you are spreading LESS of it, so there's less of it out there in the air. Look at it from the big picture. If you admit that masks STOP SOME of the virus particles from getting through (because it does the same for smoke) then you have to see the fact that if EVERYONE wore a mask, there would be less of a chance that it would spread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 08:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,721,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/05...9-death-rates/

Why do mask mandates cause more COVID deaths, you might ask? The study suggests there's a simple explanation: the facemask tissue retains the virus after the droplets evaporate and then the virus is re-inhaled from a very short distance.

I'm sure the left-wing censors in the government and social media will do everything to prevent this study from wide dissemination, so read it while you can.
LOL, but no word why are doctors and nurses still require everybody to wear masks. For all you know, they have noticed they hardly ever get sick since they have been required to wear masks all day.

The study should have, instead, focused on Oklahoma where individual cities were allowed to mask up, not by county.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 06-06-2022 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-06-2022, 08:31 PM

23,176 posts, read 12,308,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post

If some of the virus DOES NOT make it through, you are spreading LESS of it, so there's less of it out there in the air. Look at it from the big picture. If you admit that masks STOP SOME of the virus particles from getting through (because it does the same for smoke) then you have to see the fact that if EVERYONE wore a mask, there would be less of a chance that it would spread.

You may still be spreading an innoculating dose. Think of it like this, if you're in a lake 100 feet deep without floatation and you can't swim, you are probably going to drown. Cutting the depth to 50 feet isn't going to make a difference and help you not drown.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:36 PM

23,176 posts, read 12,308,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, but no word why are doctors and nurses still require everybody to wear masks. For all you know, they have noticed they hardly ever get sick since they have been required to wear masks all day.

Maybe, except "In an analysis of information from the U.K. and U.S., frontline health care workers had a nearly 12-times higher risk of testing positive for COVID-19 compared with individuals in the general community"

https://www.massgeneral.org/news/cor...h-care-workers

Old 06-06-2022, 08:37 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,347,801 times
Quote:

The virus is endemic and never going away, trying to stop it from spreading at this point is pointless. Masks literally make no sense if you believe that vaccines work. Get your booster and leave the kids (and the rest of us) alone.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You may still be spreading an innoculating dose. Think of it like this, if you're in a lake 100 feet deep without floatation and you can't swim, you are probably going to drown. Cutting the depth to 50 feet isn't going to make a difference and help you not drown.
We all know that part of the key of getting infected is how much viral load you are exposed to, this is the same for ALL virus's.

So by your own admission a mask DOES stop some of the virus from getting from your mouth to my mouth. In fact a mask, if worn correctly, does stop people from getting sick. Everyone across the country was so happy about not getting colds.. wonder why that was happening?

Old 06-06-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The virus is endemic and never going away, trying to stop it from spreading at this point is pointless. Masks literally make no sense if you believe that vaccines work. Get your booster and leave the kids (and the rest of us) alone.
Not the point of the discussion, I already said that masks are over.. just that I found an anti-masker who admits that masks actually do work.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:47 PM

203 posts, read 73,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Right. They have had many scientific studies over the years before the pandemic. Cloth masks did nothing. The health officials knew this.

Now I'm not talking about N-95 (surgical masks), but that is not what was mandated.
There have been RCTs on cloth and surgical mask - null effect. There have been no RCTs on n95. If they work better than cloth/surgical masks, we don't know that.

PS n95 are not surgical masks, they're dust masks.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:49 PM

203 posts, read 73,133 times
Quote:
We all know that part of the key of getting infected is how much viral load you are exposed to, this is the same for ALL virus's.

So by your own admission a mask DOES stop some of the virus from getting from your mouth to my mouth. In fact a mask, if worn correctly, does stop people from getting sick. Everyone across the country was so happy about not getting colds.. wonder why that was happening?
The author's did an observational analysis, using available data.

They found a negative effect.

They posted a speculation, one that has no basis in scientific evidence. Let's not get carried away with why/why not masks are working. The data is the data, and masks don't work.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,316,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Bingo…and funny how folks only tout science when it fits their narrative…and they obviously aren’t confident in the experimental shot to protect them if they’re continuing to cry to folks to where masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies