Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 02:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,509,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Don’t give the crazy twits ideas.
This thread isn`t crazy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 05:24 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just put on my Lefty Beanie cap and came up with a great idea.

With gas prices reaching record highs every single day with no end in sight I think Biden should mandate that the Nations gas stations start selling gas by the half gallon? Our Perception, Feelings and Emotions have been well played on by the Democrats and their ability to hype the Doom and Gloom of Trump and to downplay their own parties failings. It is all about Perception and Feelings with the Democrats and with a $5 per gallon average our Feelings are turning sour.

With the media on their side they should be able to sell this idea of "cheaper" gas to the masses and we can all feel a bit better about the economy, inflation and the future if fuel was $2.50 again (for a half gallon)...

I can hear the media now singing "Happy Days Are Here Again" as they dance around a gas sign with the price of $2.50 posted. Yeah but look at the details kids that is for half a gallon..

Will the Biden WH do this for a perceived "win" ?
I like it!

The post office should do it too. Instead of raising the cost of postage stamps they should just make them smaller.

BTW, postage rates are supposed to go up majorly 7/1. So buy your stamps now! Get the forever ones. They have the longest shelf life.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:46 AM

24,725 posts, read 17,469,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
This thread isn`t crazy?

It is crazy but we are having a bit of fun.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:46 AM

8,437 posts, read 4,613,847 times
They are trying this already, sorta, with E15 gas

Old 06-12-2022, 07:45 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,157,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
As much as it would cause some serious issues, I’d laugh hysterically if Big Oil all got together and just shut down production for a week or two with a statement that read “You don’t like petroleum now, but you’ll miss it tomorrow.”

Wonder how fast the “green” crowd would change their tune.
A recent storm left our whole community without power of any kind for about 5 hours. You'd have thought the world was ending..... these are the same people who vote to kill the oil and gas companies even those that supply fuel to the electric generating plants... arm-chair energy experts without a clue.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:55 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,924,778 times
Quote:
I just put on my Lefty Beanie cap and came up with a great idea.

With gas prices reaching record highs every single day with no end in sight I think Biden should mandate that the Nations gas stations start selling gas by the half gallon? Our Perception, Feelings and Emotions have been well played on by the Democrats and their ability to hype the Doom and Gloom of Trump and to downplay their own parties failings. It is all about Perception and Feelings with the Democrats and with a $5 per gallon average our Feelings are turning sour.

With the media on their side they should be able to sell this idea of "cheaper" gas to the masses and we can all feel a bit better about the economy, inflation and the future if fuel was $2.50 again (for a half gallon)...

I can hear the media now singing "Happy Days Are Here Again" as they dance around a gas sign with the price of $2.50 posted. Yeah but look at the details kids that is for half a gallon..

Will the Biden WH do this for a perceived "win" ?

I LOVE the idea!! It's better than manufacturers' ploys of making products smaller and, at the same time, increasing prices! That's called a double whammy!! ANOTHER sneaky things some manufacturers are now doing is charging MORE per ounce if you buy the bigger box or bottle. They had conditioned consumers into being able to pay less per ounce if the bought the larger quantity. Now that we got used to that, they said. hmmm, let's charge more per ounce because consumers will never notice what we're doing to them! NOT SO FAST, Buster!

Old 06-12-2022, 08:19 AM

5,045 posts, read 2,427,020 times
All of the ideas so far are great. However we need to address the core issue. Shrink the size of gas tanks by half so it costs the same to fill up. Combine this with slower pumps.

Last edited by lookingaround12345; 06-12-2022 at 08:54 AM..

Old 06-12-2022, 08:21 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,386,019 times
The Democrat solution to high gas prices is to allow men to use the women's restroom

Old 06-12-2022, 09:01 AM

24,725 posts, read 17,469,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
All of the ideas so far are great. However we need to address the core issue. Shrink the size of gas tanks by half so it costs the same to fill up. Combine this with slower pumps.

Now that is the best idea yet.

We have 2 vehicles with near 25 gallon tanks and right now it is $120 plus to fill them. I know I wouldn't feel so bad paying $60 to see that gauge needle hit the "F" .

It is all about the Feelings and Image with the Democrats so this is a great idea to combat those high prices.

Old 06-12-2022, 09:06 AM

5,045 posts, read 2,427,020 times
Quote:
Now that is the best idea yet.

We have 2 vehicles with near 25 gallon tanks and right now it is $120 plus to fill them. I know I wouldn't feel so bad paying $60 to see that gauge needle hit the "F" .

It is all about the Feelings and Image with the Democrats so this is a great idea to combat those high prices.
Drive across Death Valley unconcerned because you just filled up. Also adopt using kilometers so things seem far like in Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies