Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 10:55 AM

25,975 posts, read 12,977,807 times

Advertisements

The grocery store industry has adopted the 15-ounce package to replace the 16 ounce size, so shrinking the gas tank size would likely work.

Going to metric Litre's would work too.

Or, we could just quit restraining our enegery sector, & produce more oil to bring prices back down...there I go being logical again sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 10:22 PM

18,743 posts, read 7,646,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
That is what is going on in the grocery store. Some products are not seeing price increases, the size of the container is getting smaller.
When did you last see ice cream being sold by the half gallon?

Old 06-13-2022, 05:47 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,594,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
I LOVE the idea!! It's better than manufacturers' ploys of making products smaller and, at the same time, increasing prices! That's called a double whammy!! ANOTHER sneaky things some manufacturers are now doing is charging MORE per ounce if you buy the bigger box or bottle. They had conditioned consumers into being able to pay less per ounce if the bought the larger quantity. Now that we got used to that, they said. hmmm, let's charge more per ounce because consumers will never notice what we're doing to them! NOT SO FAST, Buster!

I've noticed this as well. Luckily they show the price per oz in small print below the price. I think it's a two pronged attack. It screws the people who don't read that price sticker and it encourages bargain hunters that do to buy two of the smaller ones. I've fallen for the 2nd ploy telling myself "Well, I showed them" as I walk out with twice as much corn starch as I will use in a lifetime.

Old 06-13-2022, 06:43 AM

59,342 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just put on my Lefty Beanie cap and came up with a great idea.

With gas prices reaching record highs every single day with no end in sight I think Biden should mandate that the Nations gas stations start selling gas by the half gallon? Our Perception, Feelings and Emotions have been well played on by the Democrats and their ability to hype the Doom and Gloom of Trump and to downplay their own parties failings. It is all about Perception and Feelings with the Democrats and with a $5 per gallon average our Feelings are turning sour.

With the media on their side they should be able to sell this idea of "cheaper" gas to the masses and we can all feel a bit better about the economy, inflation and the future if fuel was $2.50 again (for a half gallon)...

I can hear the media now singing "Happy Days Are Here Again" as they dance around a gas sign with the price of $2.50 posted. Yeah but look at the details kids that is for half a gallon..

Will the Biden WH do this for a perceived "win" ?
Some have way TOO MUCH time on their hands!

Old 06-13-2022, 06:48 AM

35,778 posts, read 21,148,087 times
Until the refineries get their arses back to normalcy- things are just gonna suck. But I read how they went to low production because of the pandemic but to get back they need all this extra money? Ok - but the price keeps climbing??? Whose really got us by our pelotas ?? BS all the way.

Old 06-13-2022, 06:50 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,261,507 times
This thread takes the cake for stupidity...you conservatives are totally clueless to how the world works...nobody governs based on "feelings"....you all are the real snowflakes.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:06 AM

4,919 posts, read 3,344,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Don’t give the crazy twits ideas.
Agreed.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Until the refineries get their arses back to normalcy- things are just gonna suck. But I read how they went to low production because of the pandemic but to get back they need all this extra money? Ok - but the price keeps climbing??? Whose really got us by our pelotas ?? BS all the way.
"But I read" from where?

Old 06-13-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This thread takes the cake for stupidity...you conservatives are totally clueless to how the world works...nobody governs based on "feelings"....you all are the real snowflakes.
Only in your dreams!

Most ever thing the lefts says and does is about "feelings"!

Old 06-13-2022, 08:54 AM

1,213 posts, read 570,607 times
As usual, people still defending the idiot in chief.
Also noted and reinforced, liberals have zero sense of humor. Total stiffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies