Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trum or Desantis?
Desantis 174 78.73%
Trump 47 21.27%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 12:54 PM

4,930 posts, read 4,267,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Trump`s chances of being locked up are about as good as Hilary's
Fixed that for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 01:00 PM
bu2

24,202 posts, read 15,055,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Because Trump has a much larger chance of losing. This poll is early but it seems to reflect that.
Trump will stir up the Democratic base in a way no other Republican would. Now maybe he gets more Republicans out, but I think DeSantis gets almost all those people out and doesn't stir up the Democrats.

Plus, its nice not to have so many mean tweets. The visceral hatred the Dems have for Trump means there is zero chance for working together. He did try in his first couple of years. And Trump really did a poor job with a lot of his personnel choices. He did a really bad job of purging those who were problems. Early on, he needed to say "You're fired" to a lot of people. He didn't and it cost us all.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:16 PM

15,174 posts, read 12,339,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm saying "DeSantis", because I believe that Trump will support DeSantis at some point. I think Trump is maintaining his "base" to do a handoff to DeSantis, not a forced one like the Dems did to Bernie Sanders, but a calculated plan to "take back America" from the evil that is the liberals/woke that have invaded the Democratic Party. (Truly, I was a Dem until they became an force of evil.)

I'd still rather see DeSantis make another ( successful) gubernatorial run and be our (FL) governor for four more years. We still need him in FL.

I'll definitely vote for him for governor this fall. I'd vote for him as President, but hope he will wait till 2028.

If Trump runs for President in 2024 I would vote for him.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:22 PM

20,504 posts, read 12,448,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Trump`s chances of being locked up are 1000X greater than him being elected. By the looks of this thread, none of you have seen the hearings and that`s why you`re delusional. I`m not trying to insult anyone but the voter fraud thing was put soundly to sleep this morning.
I saw the impeachments. in both cases the same people telling me Trump was a dirty evil Rusky are now telling me he is a dirty stinking criminal.

last two times around it turns out these same people were provably lying.

why am I supposed to believe your liars now?

(also I want DeSantis and I do not want Trump to run. if trump wins the nomination, I will absolutly support him.)

Old 06-13-2022, 01:23 PM

15,688 posts, read 10,482,711 times
i expect trump to be the republican nominee, but i will vote for desantis in the republican primary. I will vote for trump if trump wins the primary for the republican presidential nominee.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:23 PM

4,481 posts, read 5,212,748 times
Trump, unless Desantis promises to end birthright citizenship.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:25 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,433,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Trump, unless Desantis promises to end birthright citizenship.
So you want Desantis to make a promise that it is impossible for him to keep? Maybe you should vote for a dem?

Old 06-13-2022, 01:30 PM

4,970 posts, read 2,269,058 times
I would like for a more articulate, less childish candidate than Trump to appear on the ballot but I prefer DeSantis to remain in Florida through 2028.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:31 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,787,494 times
DeSantis is Trump Lite. He's a good man, deserves his chance, and will get it....in 2028.

But Donald Trump is the strongest and the fiercest warrior to fight for America and it's people in a lifetime. And we need nothing less....as there is still sooooooo much work to be done in order to slay the dragon that is the radical left. So much of that fight centers on the corrupt media....and nobody puts them in their place like Trump does.

He earned and merited a second term in 2020. In the spirit of fairness and, most importantly, for the good of all freedom-loving Americans, he should get that 2nd term in 2024.

I think DeSantis continuing as America's leading governor is the best thing for America in that cycle. In 2028, he'll still be a young man and will take the reins of a great country re-directed toward domestic peace and prosperity.

Then again, Kristi Noem is outstanding as well. We could see her as Trump's VP and 2028 could see us with not one, but two, outstanding Presidential prospects.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:37 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,787,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Hmmmmmm

DeSantis leads the poll over 2 to 1 in a forum that the Left says worships Trump.
What we see in this thread and this poll is many mild cases of TDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies