Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trum or Desantis?
Desantis 174 78.73%
Trump 47 21.27%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 01:40 PM

33,394 posts, read 12,696,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
In this poll it is one or the other. If you would vote for somebody else it doesn't matter here. I won't put an other option as that invites dems into the thread and my aim is to see who wins at this point with conservatives.
Then, given the choices, it’s doesn’t give any useful (who, between multiple choices, conservatives prefer) information.

No actual conservative would choose Trump.

Trump isn’t conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 01:47 PM

22,547 posts, read 12,115,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
While I voted twice for Trump, I don't think he could effectively serve as President. His enemies did everything they could to limit his effectiveness during his term, and it is still going on. It would only continue and he would not be able to be productive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I live in Fl. We need DeSantis here to show other governors how to fight the leftist extremists state by state.
It's posts like these ^^^^that leave me feeling conflicted.

I'm sure that the dems would do everything they can to undermine Trump should he get back in office. The only chance he would have to get important work done is if he has a republican majority in the senate and the house. Even then, he would have to work fast to make sure things get done in those 2 years. The next 2 years, he may not have that majority.

If I lived in FL, I would be concerned about losing DeSantis as governor given all the good he has done there. However, he won't be governor for life so at some point, he will move on. No guarantee that his predecessor will continue on the same path as him.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:48 PM

27,774 posts, read 28,876,802 times
I will take whichever Presidential candidate that:

#1) Finishes the Mexican Border Wall and actually stops illegal aliens from coming into the United States.

#2) See #1.

#3) This poll would be a choice made in heaven.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:51 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,425,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Then, given the choices, it’s doesn’t give any useful (who, between multiple choices, conservatives prefer) information.

No actual conservative would choose Trump.

Trump isn’t conservative.
So I will tentatively pencil you in as a Desantis guy. Thanks for participating in this poll.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:58 PM

20,501 posts, read 12,437,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
What we see in this thread and this poll is many mild cases of TDS.
Go look at all of my posts. I have been a strong Trump supporter from the time he won the nomination.

I voted for Cruz in the primary to block Trump from winning Texas. I just didnt believe Trump was a conservative. I felt like his instincts were generally to the left. I was wrong.

I was MAD at Cruz for his speech during the convention. It turns out that too was a great move by Trump and Cruz proved to be a man of his word and when Trump proved to both of us that he really did have a better handle on policy than anyone in the country, I was in all the way.

Donald Trump created very different policy view on how to deal with minority under performing economically. He fixed that. He dealt with systemic racism in the US CODE where no one else would. His foreign policy was harder on the bad guys and stronger in general for America and domestically he was radically right.

But during the pandemic he killed his election chances with silly comments in those daily news conferences. He was a lose cannon and gave his enemies the fodder necessary to beat him.

In Trumps on words, Trump choked. Period. I want DeSantis. Or Cruz. I dont want Trump. for the 1 reason stated.

That being said, I will support the republican nominee 100%

no TDS on my part.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:59 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,774,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's posts like these ^^^^that leave me feeling conflicted.

I'm sure that the dems would do everything they can to undermine Trump should he get back in office. The only chance he would have to get important work done is if he has a republican majority in the senate and the house. Even then, he would have to work fast to make sure things get done in those 2 years. The next 2 years, he may not have that majority.

If I lived in FL, I would be concerned about losing DeSantis as governor given all the good he has done there. However, he won't be governor for life so at some point, he will move on. No guarantee that his predecessor will continue on the same path as him.
The leftist scum will do everything they can to undermine any warrior in this fight. Trump gets so much attention simply because he is the only national candidate who has shown the courage to get in their face and take them on directly and personally.

Nothing short of that will give us any chance whatsoever to prevail. We either get behind a true warrior like Trump or we sit back in surrender and live in chains, figuratively and eventually literally.

Old 06-13-2022, 02:00 PM

2,612 posts, read 940,689 times
What is the question?

Old 06-13-2022, 02:01 PM

52,419 posts, read 52,947,427 times
Desantis just because he's a bit more measured in how he acts, Trump ran his mouth off on purpose to annoy people.

I prefer a more mature approach to things, although sometimes Trump was kind of funny.

Old 06-13-2022, 02:06 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,774,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Go look at all of my posts. I have been a strong Trump supporter from the time he won the nomination.

I voted for Cruz in the primary to block Trump from winning Texas. I just didnt believe Trump was a conservative. I felt like his instincts were generally to the left. I was wrong.

I was MAD at Cruz for his speech during the convention. It turns out that too was a great move by Trump and Cruz proved to be a man of his word and when Trump proved to both of us that he really did have a better handle on policy than anyone in the country, I was in all the way.

Donald Trump created very different policy view on how to deal with minority under performing economically. He fixed that. He dealt with systemic racism in the US CODE where no one else would. His foreign policy was harder on the bad guys and stronger in general for America and domestically he was radically right.

But during the pandemic he killed his election chances with silly comments in those daily news conferences. He was a lose cannon and gave his enemies the fodder necessary to beat him.

In Trumps on words, Trump choked. Period. I want DeSantis. Or Cruz. I dont want Trump. for the 1 reason stated.

That being said, I will support the republican nominee 100%

no TDS on my part.
The reason you stated makes zero sense. He did nothing of the kind.

I spoke of mild cases. Yours is strong.

Old 06-13-2022, 02:08 PM

63,314 posts, read 29,388,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm saying "DeSantis", because I believe that Trump will support DeSantis at some point. I think Trump is maintaining his "base" to do a handoff to DeSantis, not a forced one like the Dems did to Bernie Sanders, but a calculated plan to "take back America" from the evil that is the liberals/woke that have invaded the Democratic Party. (Truly, I was a Dem until they became an force of evil.)
Agreed, I don't want to see the hissy fits by the left again if Trump were to become president again. We can still have a president with the same policies without all the turmoil and hatred by electing DeSantis. It's all about policy to me anyway not personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies