Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 09:49 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,116,239 times

Advertisements

Christian conservatives like Justice Thomas believe that their personal & religious beliefs should become the law of the land for all people.

It's that simple, unfortunately.

4,360 posts, read 1,599,176 times
Is it me or are both parties racing to try and lose ground in the upcoming midterms?

"We're attacking gun rights"

"Well, we've overturned Roe vs Wade"

Time has never been better for a third party IMO.

18,011 posts, read 15,717,146 times
These last couple SCOTUS rulings have certainly been like vinegar hitting baking soda. Other than to say that in going to continue my long standing self imposed rule of "no comment" on Roe/Wade. The 2A case .. that's different. In dancing in the streets.

What the hoplophobes issue is with the latter call I can find no reason for their hysteria. All that does to places like NYC and let's throw in CA for good measure is take away government power to restrict the carry of a firearm fir self defense to only a privileged few and make the rules the same for us common folk.

Under the rules up till now one had to be a high profile celebrity or other wealthy sort to demonstrate "good cause" to be allowed the means to defend themselves. I thought equality under law is what the leftist lib/proggs are all about.

Now e everybody from the top crust down can have the ability to defend their loved ones and themselves from an already well armed criminal element. Fight crime Shoot back.

Now in light of the latest decision it's likely to get pretty dangerous out there in the wild world. Leftist terrorists are going to hit the afterburners attacking people and establishments they deem to be pro life." Theres such a place not far from where I live and others close to places I frequent. Such as the grocery store and one of my doctors.

Thankfully however my state and city of residence do not restrict the right to self defense. That's not to say there are no laws or rules governing the application of that right. Laws and rules that are pretty standard everywhere in every state.

All this frothing at the mouth and dire prophecies of mass death and carnage. Just like has been predicted with every law ever passed easing restrictions on personal carry of firearms. And in the decades since those readings the end of life as we know it hasn't happened yet.

Things being as they are I do believe that Dems are going to have a lock on the supply of benzodiazepines.

35,856 posts, read 21,273,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So move to those states you disagree with, and persuade their people to petition their state governments to change the laws there. If you take up residence there, you can even sign the petitions.

Freedom and representative democracy.... what a concept, eh?
It’s about who holds the power not freedom nor even democracy. It is evident the judicial system has become politicized. That was Trump’s goal and he’s achieved it. Now let mrs Thomas put Trumpy on the throne once again in peoples eyes and try to bring him back in ‘24 .

Old 06-24-2022, 09:50 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,777,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
*shall not.

But yes, quite right.

Abortive rights are unfortunately not enshrined by the a constitution written exclusively by men over 200 years ago. Who'd have thought it?
Shall not. Yes. As for abortion rights. There is no medical procedure enshrined in the Constitution. So fortunately that becomes a States right. Many states will continue to give access to abortions. Many will not.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:51 AM

4,537 posts, read 5,111,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Leaving decisions up to the states isn't "restricting the rights of Americans". Regulating everything at the federal level is restricting the rights of the states however.
You are 100% correct, but I'm afraid the liberal lemmings have been told how to react. They don't let the truth get in the way.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:51 AM

4,360 posts, read 1,599,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
The amount of so called Christians that I've seen on social media upset about this is ridiculous. If you're not religious and you're pro choice I get it. But not sure how anybody can call themselves a Christian and be pro choice because if you're a Christian you should be living a life as close to what Jesus would be doing and I can promise you he'd never be pro choice.
Better take your word for it, given his Dad killed everyone on earth once*, I'm not sure he's as pro-life as you'd imagine.

*allegedly, according to middle eastern fairy tales.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:52 AM

18,836 posts, read 7,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

But now, with Republicans celebrating taking away women's rights,
But now, with Republicans celebrating taking away women's mistakenly granted "rights",

Fixed it for you.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:52 AM

35,856 posts, read 21,273,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Six months ago, I thought the GOP would sweep the midterms, taking control of the Senate and likely the House.

But now, with Republicans celebrating taking away women's rights, I think women will come out to vote in droves this fall.
I hope so.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:53 AM

27,848 posts, read 28,980,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How far is the GOP going to go with this right wing court? Clarence Thomas said in his ruling today that Contraception and Gay Marriage should be the new targets for overturning.
Contraception and same-sex marriage do not terminate a potential life the way abortion does.

The controversy does not rise to the same level. So, I disagree with Clarence Thomas here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies