Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 08:23 AM

14,236 posts, read 4,610,063 times

Advertisements

Imagine if the social medias are in constant attack mode against Biden like they did with Trump, Biden would have job approval rating in the low teens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 08:41 AM

5,071 posts, read 3,969,088 times
In the weirdest fact check I’ve seen in a while (and there have been many), Newsweek does this: Fact Check: Does Poll Show 71% of Americans Want Joe Biden to Retire?

False.

While Joe Biden continues to face sluggish approval ratings, Ronna McDaniel's claim that 71% of voters want him to retire is misleading. It is a misinterpretation of recent survey data which said 71% of voters believe the incumbent should not run for president in 2024, not that the president should retire from the presidency and/or politics with immediate effect.

When Newsweek goes out of its way to completely slam Biden while delivering a ‘fact check’ you gotta laugh.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...-1721400?amp=1

Old 07-04-2022, 08:49 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,258,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
That's really strange, in my RV travels I meet a ton of old people. I have, NOT ONCE, met any that have anything good to say about Biden. Young people, on the other hand, either don't know/don't care or regurgitate talking points and "he's better then Trump!". YMMV
It depends what community I suppose, but the poll crosstabs show that Biden's approval among over 65s is in the mid-high 40s, and among young people in the mid 20s. A 20-25 point difference. He is especially low among 18-29s. That's how he's averaging in the 30s.

Old 07-04-2022, 12:24 PM

5,700 posts, read 4,944,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
"Deserve" is always an interesting word.

I prefer to think the American people "earn" whatever they get via their vote. Why would today's soft American snowflake people, who lack critical thinking and can be lead by the nose to get riled up over today's Cause Du Jour, "deserve better"?
Because you deserve better, I deserve better, we all (Americans) deserve better. We are stuck in an abusive relationship with the Dems and the GOP who keep gas lighting us into supporting the status quo. I do hope the American population wakes up to this (I suspect most Americans know this deep down) and that some real activism starts to snow ball to illicit meaningful reforms such as ranked choice voting (which Maine recently got) and getting money out of politics.

Old 07-04-2022, 12:26 PM

5,959 posts, read 2,776,456 times
Statistically, going below 30% is nearly impossible for a President, because there will always be partisans that will always approve of their President for the sake of their "team", no matter how much that they actually disapprove of him.

Old 07-04-2022, 12:26 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,963,179 times
It will be quite the drama seeing how They kill off Biden. Sleepy Joe won't go out without a fight.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:58 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
1. Clearly most Americans were of the opposite opinion at the time since Trump lost, or rather, most Americans got so fed up with Trump and the hysteria that surrounded him that they hoped that Biden wouldn’t be as bad.

2. The fact that you acknowledge that Trump is the lesser of two evils means you are actually not a true Trump supporter, but rather an Anti-Biden/Clinton supporter. Which means you to are locked into a system that does a poor job of representing you. We all could benefit by being offered more options. The fact that we have infighting within the parties (Trumpers vs Rinos and Berni Bros vs Centrist Dems) speaks volumes of the dire situation we are in. America needs better representation, the Dems and GOP can not possibly offer that.
1. I have lived long enough to realize that voting for a Democrat for president is never the answer!

2. No, I voted for Trump but not because I didn't want Biden. I voted for Trump because of his views on policies which closely matched mine.

Old 07-04-2022, 02:25 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Which should have been in the thoughts of zero people.

People should have voted third party, written someone in, or left the POTUS slot blank.

No one should care about ‘being on the winning voting team’.
One of the two was going to win. Would have been much better if it was Trump as we are now seeing.

Old 07-04-2022, 02:47 PM

30,086 posts, read 18,701,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
30% is like historically bad I don’t think GW Bush ever got that low even after the collapse. We’re weaker, we’re poorer, we’re even less unified. Horrible start to his presidency.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...cy-30-overall/
Absolute bottom will be 20%, which is the percentage of hard core leftists.

Old 07-04-2022, 03:08 PM

2,356 posts, read 1,155,800 times
Joe Biden is an idiot.

News at 11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies