Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 07:31 PM

35,420 posts, read 17,334,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
30% is like historically bad I don’t think GW Bush ever got that low even after the collapse. We’re weaker, we’re poorer, we’re even less unified. Horrible start to his presidency.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...cy-30-overall/
There are just so many signs of Presidential greatness in Joe Biden. There are no recordings of Abe Lincoln but there are indications that Joe Biden tops him in eloquence. And, I mean, c'mon man! His policies are inaugurating a prouder, kinder and better America.

I just don't know where to start in itemizing his greatness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 07:36 PM

13,140 posts, read 9,712,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
https://www.wcvb.com/article/umass-p...trol/40438754#

Biden's down to 45% in super blue Massachusetts. You make it much easier for possible primary opponents to raise money with numbers like that. Expect to see a lot of Gavin Newsom in New Hampshire in 2023.
He might actually be worse than Biden.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:51 PM

6,456 posts, read 2,781,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
30% is like historically bad I don’t think GW Bush ever got that low even after the collapse. We’re weaker, we’re poorer, we’re even less unified. Horrible start to his presidency.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...cy-30-overall/
I read something recently where Bush got down to about 25% approval. I could see Biden breaking that before the end of the year. But the theoretical bottom is probably about 20% as there will always be a hardcore group that will vote for the "R" or "D" regardless of the person.

It would be ironic if his biggest accomplishment is that he would hold the record of the lowest polling numbers ever recorded.

Old 07-08-2022, 12:56 AM

24,529 posts, read 33,416,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
I read something recently where Bush got down to about 25% approval. I could see Biden breaking that before the end of the year. But the theoretical bottom is probably about 20% as there will always be a hardcore group that will vote for the "R" or "D" regardless of the person.

It would be ironic if his biggest accomplishment is that he would hold the record of the lowest polling numbers ever recorded.
Yes, and going by memory, I think both Carter and Truman both dipped into the 20s sometime during their presidency.

Old 07-08-2022, 02:05 AM

24,899 posts, read 9,651,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The “it was an anti-Trump vote” doesn't really explain it for me
Because it wasn't just that. It was also name recognition and Obama "nostalgia."

Old 07-08-2022, 03:28 AM

34,210 posts, read 17,295,386 times
I think Brandon can hit 25%!

Old 07-08-2022, 03:43 AM

5,107 posts, read 3,999,932 times
Biden can be counted on combining awful decisions and policies with a personal ‘communication style’ that defies description.

Sometimes the former is so awful it overshadows the latter. And vice versa. Kind of fascinating in a clinical sense.

So, don’t expect him to ‘turn it around’.

Old 07-08-2022, 03:49 AM

5,107 posts, read 3,999,932 times
Quote:

Since many rational folks loudly predicted Joe - with his track record, personality, and cognitive decline - would be a disastrous president, I’m not sure they’d describe his great unpopularity as ‘ironic’.

‘Predictable’ might be a word they’d choose.

At the same time it is ‘ironic’ that the person chosen to save the Dems is destroying the brand.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:17 AM

1,213 posts, read 573,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Since many rational folks loudly predicted Joe - with his track record, personality, and cognitive decline - would be a disastrous president, I’m not sure they’d describe his great unpopularity as ‘ironic’.

‘Predictable’ might be a word they’d choose.

At the same time it is ‘ironic’ that the person chosen to save the Dems is destroying the brand.
They don’t care about the brand. They’re going for an all new regime.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:35 AM

35,420 posts, read 17,334,604 times
Quote:

You are all missing his indications of greatness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies