Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 07:51 PM

16,855 posts, read 8,815,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's hilarious watching the conservatives try to come up any other blame or cause they can make up for these mass shootings in their desperate attempt to avoid dealing with the one and only obvious one: Easy access to firearms in a society where they are protected as a "right."

Why don't you leftists try looking for other things than your boogie man, that being guns. America has been armed since our inception, and though there have been cases of mass shootings in the past, they were few and far between.

Thankfully we have our 2nd Amendment rights enshrined in the Constitution, to where the government cannot infringe upon them.
So why not look at things you might find that explains why these shootings are becoming more common, that we can actually do something about.

Many of these sickos are either mentally ill, evil, or a combination thereof. Most have warning signs well in advance, yet we do not have much more than a Baker Act to observe them for 72 hours. Then they are typically told to go to therapy and are put on meds.
Trouble is, you cannot cure mental illness in 72 hours, and you certainly cannot depend on the kooks to seek further help, or even take their meds.
Thus, we need to institutionalize some of these kooks for their own good, and more importantly, the safety of our neighborhoods that they live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 07:51 PM

18,011 posts, read 15,717,146 times
Quote:
It's hilarious watching the conservatives try to come up any other blame or cause they can make up for these mass shootings in their desperate attempt to avoid dealing with the one and only obvious one: Easy access to firearms in a society where they are protected as a "right."
Well, I can think of a few more things other than the 2A but the latter certainly does top the list. I also have a right to defend my loved ones and myself from all those goblins out thee who are and always will be with firearms. Sorry, my cell phone and 911 don't cover the bases of self defense. For another I am not a criminal never have and never will commit senseless acts of random violence with my firearms. So, why should I be denied by the government my right to arms because criminals do?

Yeah, shoot the cow because she saw the coyote that killed your chickens. Rather I would add to that analogy that proper action would be to kill the coyote. Find him where he lives and make maggot food. Kinda like these limp wristed DA's are NOT doing. Revolving door out the next day for violent offenses mostly involving drugs. Instead progressive bran flakes point the finger at my firearms (safely secured in my bedroom) and my right to obtain more.

And whether I "need" more or not is nobody's concern but my own. When the government at all levels gets a handle on the murderers rapists arsonists robbers thieves violent drug slingers bangers and tells the predatory wildlife I deal with quite regular that they are not allowed to attack my livestock pets family and myself and I can clearly see that all of the aforementioned will heed laws and regulations ...hey, I may not truly "need" firearms. That doesn't cover want. And my wants are my own concern as well.

As things stand bipreds are as willing to care about laws and regulations as that coyote I cited earlier. They probably care even less what laws wackaloon leftist moonbats want to pass. But they will care about solid citizens ready willing and quite able to shoot them dead when the need killing deserve killing or both.

So maybe that helpsyou understand it's hardly all about the 2A. I can go on and on but why waste that much time on progressive ding bats.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:54 PM

278 posts, read 86,004 times
Reminds me No. 4 in

https://www.sott.net/article/233448-...t-in-the-World

where the claim is that the danger lies in taking them with insufficient medical supervision.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:01 PM

11,191 posts, read 10,785,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep. I don't recall any kids that I knew and went to school with, who had guns and there were plenty, being on antidepressants, Ritalin, etc.
Ritalin was used for ADD/ADHD in children and as an “upper†for narcoleptics in the 1980s. It’s a stimulant, not an SSRI, and does not have the same side effects. I knew people who were on it for both reasons.

It does seem that if you dig deep enough into the information you find that many if not most school shooters were on SSRI medications or had recently stopped taking them. For those that haven’t been exposed to SSRIs, stopping them is a seriously bad idea which can result in some completely erratic behavior.

My stepmother was diagnosed with several (three to five, depending on which doctor you listened to) mental disorders and was, over the years, on a variety of SSRI medications. Fun fact, people who really need those medications will reach a point where they convince themselves that they are better and no longer need to be medicated. In my childhood home, that resulted in situations which resulted in both physical and emotional scars that some of my siblings are still working through and that helped make me the lovable cynic I am today. Had she had access to firearms during those episodes, it’s very possible that my family would have been a headline. I’ve seen first-hand the effects of bad SSRI reaction and SSRI withdrawal, and I 100% believe that anyone on SSRI medications for anything other than mild depression should not have access to firearms.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:03 PM

1,517 posts, read 546,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Hmmm.... Maybe the White Males have something to be PO about?

Lets see there's;
  • Factor 1; lots of anti-white rhetoric by the mass media (mostly FOX NEWS spreading fear and hate). 'White supremacy is our biggest problem.'
    Factor 2; lost opportunity for whites in the workforce as outright discrimination is legal and upheld by the law. Endless opportunities.
    Factor 3; affirmative action puts whites at a disadvantage for educational oppportunity even when SAT scores are higher than their counter-parts
    Factor 4; Marriage and birth Rates of WASP have plummeted.
    Factor 5; Dilution of the standardized Western Family.
    Etc, etc.
Theres lots to be pissed off about...!

Last time I checked it's still a good time to be white in America, but then again it's always been a good time to be white in America. Absolutely nothing to be pissed about.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:25 PM

16,855 posts, read 8,815,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The problem is male.

And then, the problem is that the males have access to info about shooters who they view as "heroes", and communities online where they can mutually admire males who shoot up innocent communities.

And then, they go out and get guns to try to best their heroes in how many deaths they caused.

So yes. The problem is the guns.

If all these young men were admiring each other for throwing rocks in to crowds, we'd be in a way, way better place, don't you agree?

For starters, if I were to make a blanket sweeping generalization about women (even if it were true), I'd likely be called a misogynist.
So, does your comment mean we should label a misandrist?

Ironically enough, you are correct that most shootings (mass or not) are by men.
However, men and guns have been in this country before and since the founding of our republic. So, there is something else driving these more recent shootings.

You bring up websites were these sickos go to admire other sickos as heroes. I have never even heard of such sites, but for the sake of argument, maybe we should not allow such sites to exist. Even if we cant rid the internet of them, have the FBI and/or mental health professionals recommend institutionalizing the people who go to such sites, and seem to pose a threat.

As I said in my last post, thankfully our rights to own firearms cannot be taken away by the government, which leftists and globalists dream of accomplishing. So, we need to find other ways to try and identify the kooks, and more importantly, act on getting them out of civilized society before they kill.
Far too many are known to LE, and/or their parents/friends have expressed fear they are going to harm society.
Yet nothing is done in advance.
There are many examples, but one I think about every time I board a plane (since 2006) is Richard Reid, aka the "shoe bomber". Authorities ignored the warnings, and he came close to killing hundreds of people on that flight.

I think a fitting punishment for him would be to allow tours in a special room of the prison, where people would take off their shoes and hit him throughout the day, every day.
That for the fact we still experience the time-consuming inconvenience of having to take off and put back on our shoes, to take a flight.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:38 PM

39,951 posts, read 26,693,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
One in six Americans takes an antidepressant.

One in six Americans definitely don't go on shooting sprees.
I'm a gun owner and adamant 2nd Amendment supporter. But even I'll agree that if individuals are so "disturbed" that they need mind-altering drugs to help them cope with reality they should not be owning firearms. We should require the prescription of "antidepressants" to be reported for inclusion on NICS (background check) system. We do need to keep guns (as well as gasoline, matches and baseball bats) out of the hands of the mentally ill.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:38 PM

50,679 posts, read 47,518,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The problem is male.

And then, the problem is that the males have access to info about shooters who they view as "heroes", and communities online where they can mutually admire males who shoot up innocent communities.

And then, they go out and get guns to try to best their heroes in how many deaths they caused.

So yes. The problem is the guns.

If all these young men were admiring each other for throwing rocks in to crowds, we'd be in a way, way better place, don't you agree?
Oh my gawd. There are multiple shooters that are/were woman. Do your analysis. Step away from the keyboard. They may not be "mass shootings" but women shoot people all day long. Are they just bad shots?

Old 07-05-2022, 08:41 PM

39,951 posts, read 26,693,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
What most seem to have in common:

1. young white men
2. often become loners

here's the big red flag:
3. they become interested in violence of some sort, maybe in video games, or certain news stories, online vids

the final red flag:
4. they start to write or post text or videos that suggest violence, shooting, death, etc

When people see #4 is when some will say something, even alert authorities. But what they need at this point is mental health service asap. And to check if meds are the cause.

I did see a list years ago of shootings and yes psychotropic where involved in a lot of the incidents. There's a book out about this too I think.
The rate of mass shootings is disproportionately high among blacks and Middle Easterners. Granted, whites have the highest absolute number-since the make up the majority of the population. But are under-represented in terms of numbers of shootings/population.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:47 PM

50,679 posts, read 47,518,414 times
Quote:
Hilarious for deranged lefters trying to solve today's problems by blaming inanimate objects. Maybe a new game of clue, the Tesla did it in the garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies