Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 07:28 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 18 days ago)

36,089 posts, read 18,343,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
That’s horrible news about my home state. It’s really taken a turn for the worse in the past 30 years. So people with severe disabilities need to return their ballot themselves? Voter suppression at it’s finest. Ugh!!
You know what, Terry. At this point I'm about ready to say do whatever they have to do, Republicans. Make us all walk in to the voting booth naked, and submit to a body cavity check and a DNA test before we cast our votes.

Anything, to get the Right to stop claiming the elections have been rigged against their candidates.

I'm just so sick and tired of that. You lost, Trump voters. No matter what checks are put in place, I don't think republicans will ever agree their guy lost, ever again. But do what you have to do to work toward that goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 07:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,150,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Correct. What it means is that Democrats in deep blue jurisdictions like Milwaukee and Dane County can't unilaterally change election laws to favor Democrats. As they did over and over and over again in 2020.
What it means is that voting locations can conveniently be set up so that one party has easy access and the other has three-hour lines outdoors in November.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:40 PM

7,046 posts, read 9,542,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You know what, Terry. At this point I'm about ready to say do whatever they have to do, Republicans. Make us all walk in to the voting booth naked, and submit to a body cavity check and a DNA test before we cast our votes.

Anything, to get the Right to stop claiming the elections have been rigged against their candidates.

I'm just so sick and tired of that. You lost, Trump voters. No matter what checks are put in place, I don't think republicans will ever agree their guy lost, ever again. But do what you have to do to work toward that goal.
LOL, so dramatic.

I’d love to see:
* Election Day, not Election Month (i.e., you vote ON ELECTION DAY, IN PERSON, unless you arrange for an absentee ballot.
* Voter ID
* Clean/Up to Date Voter Rolls (regardless of whether or not fraud exists, there’s no excuse to have people on the rolls who have been deceased for 10 years)

In my own state, I’d love to see:
* Serious audits to ensure that illegal immigrants aren’t voting, AT ALL. I asked my County Clerk about this, since Colorado is a “we LOOOOOOVE ILLEGAL ALIENS SO MUCH THAT WE GIVE THEM DRIVER’S LICENSES aaaaand WE AUTOMATICALLY REGISTER EVERYONE TO VOTE WHEN THEY GET A DRIVER’S LICENSE” kind of state, and the answer I received for what precautions are in place to ensure that illegal aliens aren’t erroneously registered to vote and sent ballots was lackluster. Basically, if they make a mistake and send a ballot, they trust that the illegal alien wouldn’t sign the affidavit. But there aren’t any extensive audits.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:42 PM

3,375 posts, read 2,929,467 times
Quote:
Link: https://www.wpr.org/wisconsin-suprem...egal-wisconsin

A momentous ruling for voting integrity and the rule of law out of Wisconsin today!

Just fantastic!
Super.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Seriously. Even eight-year-old girls' soccer teams shake hands with the winning team and tell each other, "Don't cry, that's babyish."

Shows you the relative maturity level we are dealing with.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:49 PM

30,523 posts, read 23,950,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Seriously. Even eight-year-old girls' soccer teams shake hands with the winning team and tell each other, "Don't cry, that's babyish."

...said Hillary in 2016....

Oh, wait.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:50 PM

6,196 posts, read 3,895,849 times
Quote:
Just to put this in context - in the 2020 election, Wisconsin had over 500 unmanned dropboxes, almost all in deep blue jurisdictions. This was not authorized under Wisconsin election law and had never happened before.

The Democrats are predictably pissed they can't stuff the unmanned ballot boxes anymore, and we all know why.
Gee, what are the Dems going to do now that they can't stuff the ballot boxes any longer?

Old 07-08-2022, 07:50 PM

7,046 posts, read 9,542,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

I don’t seem to remember Democrats acting like this in 2016 and Stacy Abrams and crew certainly did not act like this in 2018. But, okay!

Old 07-08-2022, 07:53 PM

14,098 posts, read 8,240,220 times
Quote:
Link: https://www.wpr.org/wisconsin-suprem...egal-wisconsin

A momentous ruling for voting integrity and the rule of law out of Wisconsin today!

Just fantastic!

Good ruling.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
...said Hillary in 2016....

Oh, wait.
Huh? Hillary literally conceded the next morning.

Should I keep waiting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies