Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 11:05 PM

13,867 posts, read 4,465,777 times

Advertisements

GOP will win in 2024! Trump lost WI in 2020 by 1.2% (30k votes) It's going RED in 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 11:17 PM

18,802 posts, read 7,717,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Gee, what are the Dems going to do now that they can't stuff the ballot boxes any longer?
Lose.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:18 PM

18,802 posts, read 7,717,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
That's what we call dicta. It is basically a judge running off at the pen about non-issues.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute what the judge said.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:28 PM

16,252 posts, read 10,940,644 times
This pertains only to Wisconsin, not my home state. Can ballots be mailed there? Can they be delivered to a drive-by window at the clerk’s office or have a person authorized to accept ballots at the door? I admit that even I, a liberal voter, am uncomfortable a little with unsupervised ballot drop boxes in various places around town, if that is how it is done. We have six or eight polling places staffed with poll workers and judges. Drop boxes can be located there and available during voting hours. I live in a Republican town in a blue state and Republicans are notorious for voter fraud and suppression and would not be above tampering with votes or stuffing a drop box.

My concern is whether the postal service is competent and timely enough to do mail-in ballots, both to and from the voter. By my experience, they are not. I requested a Democrat primary ballot to be mailed and it was returned as undeliverable. They sent it again but it never arrived.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:23 AM

1,203 posts, read 624,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
GOP will win in 2024! Trump lost WI in 2020 by 1.2% (30k votes) It's going RED in 2024.
You do understand Republican heavy areas in Wisconsin are decreasing in population. The fastest growing area in the state is Dane County (Madison area). Milwaukee city normally has low turnout. Waukesha and Ozaukee counties are trending blue. Republicans cannot afford to lose anymore of that vote. The key to winning is the Brown county/Fox Valley areas.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:36 AM

3,428 posts, read 3,473,382 times
Just announced: cemetery plot will now be outfitted with mail boxes and addresses so that the deads vote will be counted legally.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:19 AM

17,901 posts, read 7,107,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post
You do understand Republican heavy areas in Wisconsin are decreasing in population. The fastest growing area in the state is Dane County (Madison area). Milwaukee city normally has low turnout. Waukesha and Ozaukee counties are trending blue. Republicans cannot afford to lose anymore of that vote. The key to winning is the Brown county/Fox Valley areas.
LOL@waukesha and ozaukee “trending blue”.

Do you mean the GOP is getting 70% of the vote instead of 75%? I appreciate you didn’t throw Washington County in with that garbage observation. My home town of West Bend is NOT “trending blue”.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:46 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,019,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Didn't even read the Opinion, did we?

It says that people voting by absentee ballot must either mail it to the Country Clerk's office or bring it in personally.

Read. Reading is good.

And try not to become completely hysterical (as you did here) before at least TRYING to read the decision. Or get someone to read it to you.
The problem comes because the post office can no longer be trusted to deliver on time. That is why drop boxes became necessary to begin with.

Too bad Wisconsin is making it harder for disabled and seniors to vote. Can't even have a relative deliver the ballot to town hall. How stupid.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:58 AM

30,772 posts, read 18,510,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The court ruled that under the law a dropbox could not be considered a mailbox. It did not find that any fraud had occurred in the decades the dropboxes had been in use.

The ruling was more for legislative accuracy than voter integrity.
This ruling confirms that hundreds of thousands of ballots were illegally harvested in 2020 in Wisconsin. If you do not see ballot collection against the law as an voting integrity matter, I don't know what to say to you.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:06 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,375,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
That’s horrible news about my home state. It’s really taken a turn for the worse in the past 30 years. So people with severe disabilities need to return their ballot themselves? Voter suppression at it’s finest. Ugh!!
The way it was always done until 2020. Deal with it. Everyone knows the democrats used harvesting to steal the election in 2020, at least people with a functioning brain with an IQ over 100. The difference is democrats call it "voter suppression" to not harvest, thinking going door to door with ballots getting people to fill them out who would have otherwise not voted is perfectly valid in their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies