Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 11:50 AM

18,764 posts, read 8,488,330 times

Advertisements

squirrels can carry and transmit monkey pox

Old 07-16-2022, 12:28 PM

3,113 posts, read 946,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
squirrels can carry and transmit monkey pox
Yea, the name “monkeypox” is a misnomer.

In virology there are few standards for naming so you get some crazy or creative names!

Every virologist dreams of convincing the FDA/CBER to approve their diagnostic tests to screen the blood supply! Until COVID, this was the most profitable diagnostic testing scheme. In virology the big bucks come from diagnostic tests and/or vaccines and both require them to hype their virus.

So much money was splashed around during COVID some of them are looking for new avenues of income now that this one is drying up.

Old 07-16-2022, 12:50 PM

16,774 posts, read 8,771,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
There is no proof the Congo variant is more lethal.

CFRs can change depending on how many cases are missed. Congo is less developed and more rural than Nigeria so milder cases are more likely missed.

Add onto this the people on Congo are afflicted with more diseases and suffer more malnutrition. A person dying with monkeypox is probably co-infected with a dozen other diseases.

Monkeypox is mild. Sorry to burst your fear mongering.
You sound foolish in your dismissal.
For starters, the report he read from said it was more lethal.

You certainly do nothing but speculate, and if what you said was true, Dr. Campbell (who is very thorough) would have said as much.

Telling the truth is not fear mongering, but let me guess, you believe in your own truth over facts like this brilliant individual;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15RjcRJ3Z70

Old 07-16-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You sound foolish in your dismissal.
For starters, the report he read from said it was more lethal.

You certainly do nothing but speculate, and if what you said was true, Dr. Campbell (who is very thorough) would have said as much.

Telling the truth is not fear mongering, but let me guess, you believe in your own truth over facts like this brilliant individual;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15RjcRJ3Z70
There is no proof again. CFRs in different populations are not comparable.

I don’t know what Dr Campbell knows or doesn’t know but his doctorate wouldn’t cover this.

However if you want to continue trembling in your pants over monkeypox be my guest.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:00 PM

610 posts, read 266,261 times
Quote:
Have you had chickenpox ? The percentage of body covered in sores is highly variable from person to person. You’ll be itchy. Maybe fever. No big deal.

Who says you need to quarantine? I wouldn’t bother if I had monkeypox.
Yes, in kindergarten. Not really comparable to falling ill as a working adult.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Yes, in kindergarten. Not really comparable to falling ill as a working adult.
No one wants to get ill. But it’s part of reality. The question is if we should do anything to try and avoid getting ill? Obviously, highly subjective.

But if you’re worried about missing work, monkeypox is generally so mild you can go to work without issues. You’ll be itchy - annoying but not a showstopper.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:14 PM

7,712 posts, read 8,799,202 times
A 40 min video, a bit long without a synopsis. I didn't feel like starting watching, but as I started watching, I continued to watch....

BOOM! Caught Red Handed Planning Monkeypox Pandemic

Old 07-16-2022, 01:29 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,634,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
It’s always been hard to tell fatality rates of viruses that exist in Africa. As we saw with Ebola, even pre vaccine the fatality rate was way lower here in the US than it was in Africa when the person actually got normal treatment or didn’t have other comorbidities.
I remember when it was in Dallas, the threads on here predicting end of days.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:49 PM

3,098 posts, read 1,321,865 times
Quote:
No one wants to get ill. But it’s part of reality. The question is if we should do anything to try and avoid getting ill? Obviously, highly subjective.

But if you’re worried about missing work, monkeypox is generally so mild you can go to work without issues. You’ll be itchy - annoying but not a showstopper.
It’s been circulating now for a good 12 weeks. If it was really bad we’d know by now. Covid by the 12 week mark was a disaster already. This variant seems to probably transmit better through sex than prior monkeypox strains did but it still seems to be strictly through large droplets and extremely close contact otherwise or there’d be insane case counts by now

Old 07-16-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
It’s been circulating now for a good 12 weeks. If it was really bad we’d know by now. Covid by the 12 week mark was a disaster already. This variant seems to probably transmit better through sex than prior monkeypox strains did but it still seems to be strictly through large droplets and extremely close contact otherwise or there’d be insane case counts by now
It’s actually been circulating since 2018. Which explains why cases exponentially exploded since the media began shining a spotlight on it. It just was small stuff 2018-2020 and in 2020-2022 people were so focused on COVID no one paid attention to this, so it exploded.

Now money is drying up for COVID so they’re searching for scraps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies