Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 05:20 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,123,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I agree with your posts, monkeypox becomes everyone's problem, that's why the U.S. just ordered one million vaccines for a blister condition that's "no big deal" as some posters here think.
I isolate most of the time for covid, I feel the U.S. won't protect it's citizens from disease, crime, etc. by securing our borders so I'll protect myself by isolating since the government won't do it's job.
You have zero right or guarantee that you will never be exposed to pathogens upon leaving your home or heck, bringing in groceries or anything else. Our bodies were created with an immune system which mounts an effective response almost 100% of the time, otherwise, we would all be dropping like flies any time there’s some kind of outbreak. Your body is fighting stuff off even without you knowing it - again, we would always be overtly sick if our immune systems were not functioning properly. Personally, I’m not afraid of really any of it. It’s more an inconvenience in dealing with kiddos who get sick when something goes through the house. I’m not going to stop living my life or prevent my kids from having a normal childhood for fear of being sick.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:33 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,760,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You have zero right or guarantee that you will never be exposed to pathogens upon leaving your home or heck, bringing in groceries or anything else. Our bodies were created with an immune system which mounts an effective response almost 100% of the time, otherwise, we would all be dropping like flies any time there’s some kind of outbreak. Your body is fighting stuff off even without you knowing it - again, we would always be overtly sick if our immune systems were not functioning properly. Personally, I’m not afraid of really any of it. It’s more an inconvenience in dealing with kiddos who get sick when something goes through the house. I’m not going to stop living my life or prevent my kids from having a normal childhood for fear of being sick.
I'm a retired senior so my immune system probably isn't working as well as younger people, but I don't have any health problems I know about, I'm unvaccinated and have been covid free (as far as I know) since the pandemic started. I don't blame you for not stopping your family's lives for covid. I feel differently at my age and my county is frequently at "high risk" for covid as it is now. Four of my close neighbors had covid, two were hospitalized but lived, all four were the ones talking outside, not masked, not social distancing, but I took precautions and stayed safe, but no guarantee, you are correct.
The present administration flew in a plane load of illegals in my county's airport at night, but they didn't get away with keeping it from the public. I refuse to get a possibly fatal disease from an infected illegal brought into the U.S. so a political party can get votes while sacrificing my health or even my life. I'll stay in, enjoy your lives.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 996,411 times
Quote:
The news is reporting NYC is the epicenter of monkeypox with 500 cases and more vaccines were ordered. Nothing to worry about? That's what we were told when HIV/AIDS started. Monkeypox can spread via touching contaminated objects, blood, etc. in addition to respiratory transmission, meaning the public has to worry about getting it at the dentist, or anyplace infected people have been. Granted, monkeypox isn't fatal, but symptoms can last for weeks.
Nobody's getting it from their dentists or from the conveyor belt at the grocery store checkout. Not unless you're having butt sex with your dentist on the grocery store conveyor belt. It's mostly gay men having anonymous unprotected sex who are catching monkey pox. I thought this lesson had been learned a while back, right? Despite the sweet romance of it all, unprotected anal sex with strangers in rave bathrooms actually carries quite a risk of some really gross stuff happening to you. Go figure.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:28 PM

1,605 posts, read 874,030 times
Quote:
Monkeypox can be picked up at the dentist via blood contamination if the dentist's tools aren't sterilized thoroughly like some got HIV/AIDS at the dentist. I know someone who worked in a dental office in Ca. who was fired when she confronted the dentist regarding his tools not staying in sterilization long enough.

Getting an infectious blood borne disease from a dentist is extraordinarily rare, and what you think you've heard is often wrong.

The AIDS transmission you are thinking of from a dentist was likely intentional and therefore murder:

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/06/w...s-secrets.html

Old 07-16-2022, 11:25 PM

3,113 posts, read 942,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Getting an infectious blood borne disease from a dentist is extraordinarily rare, and what you think you've heard is often wrong.

The AIDS transmission you are thinking of from a dentist was likely intentional and therefore murder:

Forget about it being transmission at all. I'm well acquainted with this case. Genetic sequencing was done, the genetic difference between the HIV strain in Bergalis and Acer is too wide for Bergalis to have gotten it from Acer.

Old 07-16-2022, 11:54 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Nobody's getting it from their dentists or from the conveyor belt at the grocery store checkout. Not unless you're having butt sex with your dentist on the grocery store conveyor belt. .
Lol!!!!

Old 07-17-2022, 04:45 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,760,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post

An article I found regarding possible spread of HIV from a dentist and I'm sure there are more:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/rogue-...ry?id=18834611
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.