Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 04:03 PM

3,113 posts, read 944,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Obviously you don't care if you catch it and pass it on to others.

It's NOT only passed on by gay sex....any body fluid and that includes your spit and sweat.
Yes, you're right. I don't care. On the tiny chance I pass monkey pox through none-intimate contact, it's just bad luck. This is not a life threatening disease. If you don't want to catch diseases, stay isolated. But other people are not going to bend over backwards, me included.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:04 PM

45,768 posts, read 27,420,798 times
My vaccine for monkeypox is a monogamous man-woman marriage.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:04 PM

43,513 posts, read 18,592,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Yes, you're right. I don't care. On the tiny chance I pass monkey pox through none-intimate contact, it's just bad luck. This is not a life threatening disease. If you don't want to catch diseases, stay isolated. But other people are not going to bend over backwards, me included.
Me...I'm not isolating. I'm old enough that I had a smallpox vaccine. Back then a vaccine was a real vaccine

Old 07-16-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Me...I'm not isolating. I'm old enough that I had a smallpox vaccine. Back then a vaccine was a real vaccine
I haven't had the smallpox vaccine anyway. No worries about "monkeypox", I'd even shake your hand if it had blisters from monkeypox. It's not an easily transmissible disease, and if you catch it, it's just a few blisters/sores that itch. People need to stop panicking lol. I wouldn't vaccinate for this either if offered.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Found the guy at work that comes in sick and makes everyone, and their customers sick because its all about him.
I come from a working class background. If you got sick, you showed up to work anyways, don't be a pussycat, just without the cat.

If you got sick, it's because you're weak, and if you complain, goddamn you're one huge pussycat. Grow up, man up.

I'm no longer workingclass, thanks to hard working. But I go about diseases the same way.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:19 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,799,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My vaccine for monkeypox is a monogamous man-woman marriage.
Really? You think that will protect you? Do you live in a densely populated city? If so, do you plan on staying home? Avoiding public transportation? Any potential contact with other people? Homophobia is obscuring your rational thinking, as well as your understanding of how this disease is spread.

Last edited by 9162; 07-16-2022 at 04:31 PM..

Old 07-16-2022, 04:19 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,443,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Found the guy who thinks Americans have sick leave.
Even burger flipping places here are offering sick leave now.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:43 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,772,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeyp...nsmission.html

Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through:
  • direct contact with the infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids
  • respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact, such as kissing, cuddling, or sex
  • touching items (such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids
  • pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta
It’s also possible for people to get monkeypox from infected animals, either by being scratched or bitten by the animal or by preparing or eating meat or using products from an infected animal.
Monkeypox can spread from the time symptoms start until the rash has fully healed and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2-4 weeks. People who do not have monkeypox symptoms cannot spread the virus to others. At this time, it is not known if monkeypox can spread through semen or vaginal fluids.

It is not spread even remotely in the same way as Covid or influenza or any other respiratory virus that you might pick up at "the dentist" or working in an office. It's a well known virus spread through VERY close human contact. The current outbreak started in May, just in time for Pride Month which apparently has transformed into a completely bacchanalia in the gay community which really stoked the outbreak. You would have thought that everybody would have learned from AIDS, but I guess not.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...Apple-men.html

Not a single woman or confirmed straight person has been infected in NYC. Can any human being potentially get this virus? Sure, but there is a very clear pattern of behavior resulting in transmission and like everything else in our hyper political world, nobody wants to speak anything remotely resembling the truth.
Monkeypox can be picked up at the dentist via blood contamination if the dentist's tools aren't sterilized thoroughly like some got HIV/AIDS at the dentist. I know someone who worked in a dental office in Ca. who was fired when she confronted the dentist regarding his tools not staying in sterilization long enough.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:51 PM

2,746 posts, read 1,234,112 times
I have seen pictures of people with Monkeypox. I am convinced that if I ever got it would have a freaking heart attack just by the fact that it is gross.

Last edited by staystill; 07-16-2022 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-16-2022, 04:56 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,772,841 times
Quote:
I agree with your posts, monkeypox becomes everyone's problem, that's why the U.S. just ordered one million vaccines for a blister condition that's "no big deal" as some posters here think.
I isolate most of the time for covid, I feel the U.S. won't protect it's citizens from disease, crime, etc. by securing our borders so I'll protect myself by isolating since the government won't do it's job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies