Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 11:54 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,625,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You mean like how America is doing to the Middle East?
Yes, there are all kinds of new US states in the Middle East that we bombed into rubble then moved our citizens into before declaring them new parts of USA. Exactly the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 12:06 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,769,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is assuming their strategic nukes are still operational. Their military is in horrible shape. Who knows if the nukes have been maintained?
I think that we can bet that the Russian nukes are still operational and have been well maintained. Russian missiles and other non-nuclear munitions are working just fine against the Ukrainian military. So why shouldn't the nuclear ones work especially where Putin knows that they are his trump card? And the Russian forces that are in "horrible shape" are nevertheless advancing steadily in Ukraine. And they are outnumbered by Ukrainian forces. And they have been outnumbered by the Ukrainians for the whole operation! So either the Ukrainian forces are even in worse shape than the Russian forces or the Russian forces are in good shape. I suspect that it is the latter.

At any rate, it appears that the US and other NATO forces do consider the Russian nukes to be operational, since they haven't dared to put NATO boots on the ground to push out the in "horrible shape" Russian forces out of Ukraine. That would be so easy to do if your observations were true. But NATO hasn't.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:09 PM

13,807 posts, read 5,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post

Regardless of what people believe, be it right or wrong, the United States has never attacked any country without cause…. The weakness of the cause could be questioned, but since the United States became a Superpower, and later, the sole Superpower, we have never attack without cause.

I'm sure every country that ever started a war ever felt they had a cause.

We had no cause to invade Grenada in 1983 or Iraq in 2003. I'm sure Russia feels it has a cause to invade Ukraine, although that cause seems unjustified.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:13 PM

13,807 posts, read 5,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
If the US wanted to take Russia for some reason - I cannot imagine why! - then Russia would simply fall in about 5 days.
There would be no need for nukes from USA and Russia has none that work since they have not been maintained in over 30 years.
Yeah, right! I think Napoleon and Hitler had the same opinion.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:23 PM

6,001 posts, read 2,813,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
I mean really, just look at all of Russia's history. Though they've always gone differently about it. since their inception., their leaders have ALWAYS been horrifical clown like evil. We took down Nazi Germany, I wish we could Call Russians evil callous, but I would not feel the least bit bad at all if were doing to Moscow what they are doing to Ukraine.
Just an FYI, the "we" that you speak of were the allies and included the Russians (USSR). The Russians (Soviets) defeated the Germans on the eastern and southern fronts at an incredible loss of life. The Soviets lost up to 15-20 million people in the process of pushing back the Germans and defeating them in Berlin. It was the Russians that stormed into Hitler's bunker to find his dead body.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:29 PM

6,001 posts, read 2,813,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Russia's military may be weak but I'm pretty certain that their Nuclear Arsenals have largely been innovative enough to take down atleast 1 super power if they needed to.
It appears weak and dated today. Rusted out 40 year old tanks, but I'm assuming the world has changed and the Russians will scale up their military industrial complex like they did during the World War. History tends to repeat, so we'll probably enter a period where all of these Euro states will start ramping up in an arms race and a strong sense of nationalism will become common place.

The BRICS alliance seems to be growing stronger, possibly recruiting more nations, while some cracks in the EU are forming (hello, anyone remember Brexit?, how about Hungary?, or Germany not really wanting to confront Russia too much?).

Old 07-17-2022, 12:30 PM

10,372 posts, read 10,735,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Okay, so let me put it this way: If Russia didn't have nukes and we could easily obliterate the Russians, would that really be bad when historically they have always been a destructive evil power since Catherine the great.
It didn't end well for Napoleon and Hitler when they invaded Russia.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:48 PM

4,698 posts, read 1,984,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
You are engaging in wishful thinking. The US cannot attack Russia without getting nuked. Then everyone loses.

Which is something every country in the World who ever dreamed or is considering getting nukes is seeing.A lot of people forget that after the fall of the Soviet Union Ukraine had a very large supply of nukes. They gave them up after getting reassurances from Russia and ourselves that they would be safe. If they had kept even one or two of them and let the World know they had them Russia would never have put one foot over that border. In the future why would anybody trust us or any other country if we assure them no dont worry you wont ever need nukes. What they will see is if they have a couple of nukes the major powers will not dare to touch them. This is the lesson the World has learned from all this.

Old 07-17-2022, 01:20 PM

20,238 posts, read 9,160,420 times
Russia has more nukes than we do.

Old 07-17-2022, 01:27 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,769,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Which is something every country in the World who ever dreamed or is considering getting nukes is seeing.A lot of people forget that after the fall of the Soviet Union Ukraine had a very large supply of nukes. They gave them up after getting reassurances from Russia and ourselves that they would be safe. If they had kept even one or two of them and let the World know they had them Russia would never have put one foot over that border. In the future why would anybody trust us or any other country if we assure them no dont worry you wont ever need nukes. What they will see is if they have a couple of nukes the major powers will not dare to touch them. This is the lesson the World has learned from all this.
Yup, every country that has its own supply of nukes is virtually immune from superpowers dictating to them how they should act and "reaching out to touch them". You cannot trust any country offering promises. Nuclear strength is the only real deterrent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies