Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 07:03 AM

439 posts, read 291,960 times

Advertisements

Okay, so let me put it this way: If Russia didn't have nukes and we could easily obliterate the Russians, would that really be bad when historically they have always been a destructive evil power since Catherine the great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 07:03 AM

24,749 posts, read 17,485,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Correct. At least now our war by proxy is only nuking economies.

Yeah and We are feeling the pain of that.

Russians are used to inflation and making do with less whereas we are not. Communism has a way of crushing ones soul. Biden and the Dems are working on breaking us down.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:09 AM

15,987 posts, read 6,682,396 times
How about we just be better human beings than that?

Old 07-17-2022, 07:18 AM

3,764 posts, read 1,464,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
I mean really, just look at all of Russia's history. Though they've always gone differently about it. since their inception., their leaders have ALWAYS been horrifical clown like evil. We took down Nazi Germany, I wish we could Call Russians evil callous, but I would not feel the least bit bad at all if were doing to Moscow what they are doing to Ukraine.
Russians faced the brunt of the Nazis far more than the western powers did. Russian history is vastly different than American and anglo Saxon history. Russian history is also far older than American. Like China and Iran. Russia can not have a democracy, Russian people picked a viking olag the first to be their ruler and to be its king with the kievan Rus. The Rus asked for authorian rule from the begining. If America invaded russia? Nyc and DC will get nuked if that happens. The whole northeast will turn into Glass.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:22 AM

27,551 posts, read 13,764,811 times
Quote:
Okay, so let me put it this way: If Russia didn't have nukes and we could easily obliterate the Russians, would that really be bad when historically they have always been a destructive evil power since Catherine the great.
The Russians were not the most destructive powers since the time of Catherine the Great.

The two most despotic leaders were with out doubt Napoleon Bonaparte and Adolf Hitler, who both made the costly mistake of invading Russia and suffered the consequences in relation to the Russian Winter,

The Russian's were never the great military power, and were defeated during the Crimean War, and the Russians also lagged behind some other countries in terms of technology.

In terms of WW1 they left in 1917 to fight in the revolution, and in terms of WW2 they did to some extent reap what they sowed, as they courted Hitler and even helped supply the Nazi's to begin with, before being attacked by the very monster they had helped create.

In reality Russia has a history of military disasters and they were defeated in the Winter War by the Finns, whilst WW2 saw them retake Russia but at the cost of around 25 million dead Russians, whilst later conflicts in Afghanistan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Chechnya and Ukraine have hardly gone as planned.

In reality Russia has not really done that much to the US and has mainly concentrated on areas around it's borders which it sees as it's property.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:27 AM

26,255 posts, read 19,163,723 times
Quote:
What if America did to Russia what they're doing to Ukraine?
I think we'd better take a hard pass on that one.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:32 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,249,016 times
Quote:
I mean really, just look at all of Russia's history. Though they've always gone differently about it. since their inception., their leaders have ALWAYS been horrifical clown like evil. We took down Nazi Germany, I wish we could Call Russians evil callous, but I would not feel the least bit bad at all if were doing to Moscow what they are doing to Ukraine.
Correction.
The US didn’t take Nazi’s Germany down - the Russians did.

You are re-writing the history

Old 07-17-2022, 07:39 AM

4,344 posts, read 1,588,333 times
Quote:
We took down Nazi Germany
As did the Soviet Union.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:44 AM

439 posts, read 291,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Correction.
The US didn’t take Nazi’s Germany down - the Russians did.

You are re-writing the history
Well. perhaps so. But I wish we cold have left BOTH Germany and the Soviets in rubble. Akin to say, both your mother and father were extremely abusive.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:47 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,595,166 times
Quote:
Then China would come to Russia's aide, and we fat, lazy Americans would discover what it means to have a war on our lands.

World politics is nasty business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies