Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 03:44 AM

439 posts, read 290,370 times

Advertisements

I mean really, just look at all of Russia's history. Though they've always gone differently about it. since their inception., their leaders have ALWAYS been horrifical clown like evil. We took down Nazi Germany, I wish we could Call Russians evil callous, but I would not feel the least bit bad at all if were doing to Moscow what they are doing to Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 04:32 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
You mean like how America is doing to the Middle East?

Old 07-17-2022, 04:57 AM

4,912 posts, read 2,062,076 times
Well, the answer to your question is that we wouldn’t be here if the United States attacked Russia without cause since within a day or two after the first release of a tactical nuclear missile or a chemical weapon’s attack, both sides would be launching their strategic “city busting” missiles at each other.

Also, I seriously doubt that NATO would engage in any military operations against Russia in a non Article-Five war.

Regardless of what people believe, be it right or wrong, the United States has never attacked any country without cause…. The weakness of the cause could be questioned, but since the United States became a Superpower, and later, the sole Superpower, we have never attack without cause.

Also, for the less informed, since at the end of World War 1, the only land the United States has kept was the land where we buried our Soldiers how died in battle.

Again, for the less informed, the days of the United States continuing to be the sole Superpower is now numbered… Let’s see how peaceful the world will be when China starts flexing her might outside of Asia. People dislike the country, but they are not wise enough to see that by the power of the United States, after taking control of global affairs from the British, French, Germans, Spaniards, Italians, Japanese and the Russians, we haven’t had a Third World War. Wait till China starts to steal natural resources from around the world until the other major countries of the G7 declare global war on the Chinese and their allies, like Russia, Iran, Pakistan and North Korea.

Americans should make it a point to visit the non-tourist areas within Central/South America, Africa South/Southeast Asia to see the real world.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:10 AM

27,198 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
I mean really, just look at all of Russia's history. Though they've always gone differently about it. since their inception., their leaders have ALWAYS been horrifical clown like evil. We took down Nazi Germany, I wish we could Call Russians evil callous, but I would not feel the least bit bad at all if were doing to Moscow what they are doing to Ukraine.
Russian history before the 1917 revolution, was no better or worse than other countries, and although the Soviet leaders were generally awful despots, the Russian people lost tens of millions of military and civilians during WW2.

I also don't think everyone would agree with the fact that the US single handedly took down Nazi Germany.

As for the current Russian leader, he is indeed a former Soviet era KGB officer, and I only hope is that he is eventually replaced by a more moderate leader.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:13 AM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
We would have been nuked duke.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:18 AM

4,976 posts, read 2,716,855 times
You are engaging in wishful thinking. The US cannot attack Russia without getting nuked. Then everyone loses.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:23 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
You are engaging in wishful thinking. The US cannot attack Russia without getting nuked. Then everyone loses.
Correct. At least now our war by proxy is only nuking economies.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:52 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
When the USA got involved in WWII and helped defeat Hitler, it was a different era. The American population was more homogeneous and people were patriotic. Men and women worked long hours at the factories to help with the war efforts. People stood behind their government and the military.

Now we have about half the population opposing whatever the current government is doing simply because they are from the opposing party. If Hitler was alive today and our government wants to help fight him, the opposing party would say our President is the enemy, not Hitler. And that's exactly what's happening now. Some Americans think Biden is the enemy, not Putin. Why? Simply because they are from the opposing party.

Yes, what Russia is doing to Ukraine is horrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfusF1LU8PQ

Last edited by davidt1; 07-17-2022 at 06:03 AM..

Old 07-17-2022, 06:36 AM

216 posts, read 67,311 times
What if countries minded their own business and stopped getting involved in conflicts that have nothing to do with them?

Old 07-17-2022, 06:41 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Well, maybe "real sparks" would start flying if the US jumps into it with Russia.....IMHO, I think that is what some war-centric Americans would love.

IMHO, Russia has a LOT more justification for what they are doing, compared to the USA's
storming and occupation of many areas, like Afghanistan and Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies