Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2022, 02:16 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,151,113 times

Advertisements

Remind me again, who is the party of big money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 02:17 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The Trump tax cuts expire in 2027, so "during the window" all rates will revert back to 2017. If that's the angle, that's kind of misleading because the tax rate change is not due to the new bill but rather the expiration of the 2017 bill.
I thought the Trump tax cuts only applied to the rich.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:18 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
one might wonder why this deal doesn't extend the TCJIA individual cuts below $400K then.

I agree the cuts s/b permanent. But it's incorrect to say the Biden bill raises taxes when the increase is due to the expiration of the 2017 bill.

Since the 2017 bill was done via reconciliation I'm not sure if they can pick and choose which parts of the bill should be permanent and which parts s/b removed.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
This is no different than Obamacare. The Congress can "choose" not to renew it when it expires. That is on them.

Yes, there is a difference. Obamacare was not passed via reconciliation, it does not expire. Anything passed via reconciliation automatically expires after 10 years.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:37 PM

18,456 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
the increase is due to the expiration of the 2017 bill.
where does it say that?.....not what they are saying at all

..and the democrats are already trying to spin it....:""The spokesperson, Ashley Schapitl, also said the JCT analysis isn’t complete because “it doesn’t include the benefits to middle-class families of making health insurance premiums and prescription drugs more affordable. The same goes for clean energy incentives for families,”.....by claiming "benefits" out weigh the tax increase

Old 08-01-2022, 02:42 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
I agree the cuts s/b permanent. But it's incorrect to say the Biden bill raises taxes when the increase is due to the expiration of the 2017 bill.

Since the 2017 bill was done via reconciliation I'm not sure if they can pick and choose which parts of the bill should be permanent and which parts s/b removed.
well, we know they're using this one, as a reconciliation, to extend Obamacare subsidies that were set to/have expired.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
where does it say that?.....not what they are saying at all

..and the democrats are already trying to spin it....:""The spokesperson, Ashley Schapitl, also said the JCT analysis isn’t complete because “it doesn’t include the benefits to middle-class families of making health insurance premiums and prescription drugs more affordable. The same goes for clean energy incentives for families,”.....by claiming "benefits" out weigh the tax increase

The 2017 tax bill was passed via reconciliation, any bill passed via reconciliation automatically expires after 10 years.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:57 PM

25,745 posts, read 12,832,402 times
How many times must I tell you all that its the top 1% against ALL the rest of us.

Red versus Blue is a farce...they are on the same team. Their common purpose is to control the 99%, & take as much $ from us as possible.

They use some stooges from outside the top 1% to carry out their misdeeds, but only the top 1% that have enough $ to matter to those in control.

A tiny fraction of American's are controlling the masses, & they keep getting better and better at it. As they get better, you lose more of your money, and freedoms. They started getting really good at it with The New Deal, & they've been steamrolling us every since.

They've eaten 1/2 the pizza before we even sit down to the dinner table:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

In some of our lifetimes, Gov't will eat 2/3rds of the pizza, before we sit down.

What ever Shumer & Manchin do, will mostly be undone November 9th 2022. I doubt they can blow through all $450B in 5 months...but I could be wrong. Never underestimate the federal gov'ts ability to waste/steal huge sums of money.

The Pubs will not cancel all the Dem spending, the Pubs will just redirect it to their cronies instead.

Elections are about which side gets to steal the most from taxpayers, & nothing else.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:02 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
How many times must I tell you all that its the top 1% against ALL the rest of us.

Red versus Blue is a farce...they are on the same team. Their common purpose is to control the 99%, & take as much $ from us as possible.

They use some stooges from outside the top 1% to carry out their misdeeds, but only the top 1% that have enough $ to matter to those in control.

A tiny fraction of American's are controlling the masses, & they keep getting better and better at it. As they get better, you lose more of your money, and freedoms. They started getting really good at it with The New Deal, & they've been steamrolling us every since.

They've eaten 1/2 the pizza before we even sit down to the dinner table:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

In some of our lifetimes, Gov't will eat 2/3rds of the pizza, before we sit down.

What ever Shumer & Manchin do, will mostly be undone November 9th 2022. I doubt they can blow through all $450B in 5 months...but I could be wrong. Never underestimate the federal gov'ts ability to waste/steal huge sums of money.

The Pubs will not cancel all the Dem spending, the Pubs will just redirect it to their cronies instead.

Elections are about which side gets to steal the most from taxpayers, & nothing else.
while I agree it should be cancelled, if it's possible to and if it passes, there's a schedule of spending that runs into the future and little if any of it even starts in calendar year '22

Old 08-01-2022, 03:34 PM

25,745 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
while I agree it should be cancelled, if it's possible to and if it passes, there's a schedule of spending that runs into the future and little if any of it even starts in calendar year '22
If they can reverse Roe v Wade, they can reverse whatever Shumer and Manchin do. They can just re-write the rules. The Pubs cronies will get that $450B instead, & we'll be paying for it now matter what happens...or at least those amongst us who pay net federal income taxes, which is now <50% of us.

What we really have is 1% stealing from 49%, with the other 50% hoping for handouts. The 49% who are getting squeezed the most by the top 1% are dwindling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies