Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 03:45 PM

18,871 posts, read 8,521,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Ok retired doc, but the Covid-19 pathogen has a genetic footprint that has never been observed in a natural coronavirus. I'm not a conspiracy theory nut, so statements such as this beg an explanation.
Some of these pathogens take more time in determining origins. More recent genetic determinations favor the wet market. But still no direct enough evidence.

https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelea...in-wuhan-china

As I've said, the definitive proof either way resides with China, and they have not released the necessary data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 03:52 PM

170 posts, read 60,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Why do you think they care about protecting their own people?

I don't think they care much about the average citizen.
they do care about what the majority think, otherwise CCP wont stay in power for too long. through all Chinas dynasty, 90% of time the dynasty was changed due internal revolution. Just like america, CCP need to satisfy majority of chinese opinion either economy/environment or taiwan. CCP do this to stay in power too

Old 07-29-2022, 04:00 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,949,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Some of these pathogens take more time in determining origins. More recent genetic determinations favor the wet market. But still no direct enough evidence.

https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelea...in-wuhan-china

As I've said, the definitive proof either way resides with China, and they have not released the necessary data.
Interesting. But I've seen another study that says there is just nothing found in nature that could have produced the type of structures that so easily attached to humans.

The essence of this study is that there were two different strains so a lab source was unlikely. Still nothing to tie it too viruses in nature.

Old 07-29-2022, 04:17 PM

15,896 posts, read 6,601,663 times
The strongest available evidence currently supports the hypothesis of an animal-human crossover in the Wuhan seafood market.

Newly published evidence points to Wuhan seafood market as pandemic origin point

Ref.:
The Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan was the early epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic

The concept of an intentional leak doesn't make a lot of sense from a variety of perspectives. Anything is possible given that humans are involved, of course, but that's probably the least likely scenario.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Interesting. But I've seen another study that says there is just nothing found in nature that could have produced the type of structures that so easily attached to humans.

The essence of this study is that there were two different strains so a lab source was unlikely. Still nothing to tie it too viruses in nature.
Unless you have something new, most of the 'nothing natural' stuff has been refuted.The public may never know the truth.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The strongest available evidence currently supports the hypothesis of an animal-human crossover in the Wuhan seafood market.

Newly published evidence points to Wuhan seafood market as pandemic origin point

Ref.:
The Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan was the early epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic

The concept of an intentional leak doesn't make a lot of sense from a variety of perspectives. Anything is possible given that humans are involved, of course, but that's probably the least likely scenario.
Intentional leak, if lab origin comes next after lab blunder. A state based planned release is least likely.

For instance in the US with our post 9/11 Anthrax scares, it was most likely intentional.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:19 PM

27,712 posts, read 16,209,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I guess there was a new study that supported the wet market theory.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/7/...ersity-of-utah

Right wingers aren't going to buy this, but I think that study is why this is coming up again.
If china thought this, wouldnt they have done something about the markets? Theyre horrible still.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:12 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,309,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If china thought this, wouldnt they have done something about the markets? Theyre horrible still.
Well chances are now any other bat coronavirus wouldn’t do much for like 100 years. Everyone is gonna have cross immunity now for a long time. The next pandemic would be influenza in all likelihood. It would be difficult to have a coronavirus pandemic for the next 100 years or so

Old 07-30-2022, 09:13 PM

2,345 posts, read 976,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Why do you think they care about protecting their own people?

I don't think they care much about the average citizen.
Then why are they locking down, sacrificing their economy, which is what we refused to do?
Why do they provide mass testing and vaccines for free to their citizens?
Why do they have far less deaths than we do?

Old 07-30-2022, 09:56 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,763,100 times
China did try to protect their people with lockdowns of their cities at the start of the pandemic while allowing foreign travel by their infected to spread the virus worldwide. I guess the OP forgot about that and now can blame China for the pandemic.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...4nk6SH_gB1yjZA

I disagree that China wouldn't sacrifice their own people to send a bio-weapon to the U.S. and get rid of Trump. TRUMP would have won reelection if it wasn't for COVID and the Chinese were mad at him for raising tariffs. It's too much of a coincidence a pandemic happened right at the start of Trumps reelection year, imo.

The Democrats are sacrificing American lives by bringing in illegals who might have covid into America during a pandemic so they can stay in power, so why wouldn't China do the same thing to their people.

Last edited by wp169; 07-30-2022 at 10:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies