Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 09:19 AM

18,914 posts, read 8,547,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Well you also said recent genomic analysis favors the wet market.

First, that is a misreading of their paper. Genomic analysis split the virus into two genomic lineages with the wet market as an important source of spread for lineage B. Not an “origin” as saying such implies the long debunked hypothesis of zoonosis.

The wet market was a source of transmission not origin of lineage B according to that paper. Somehow UCSD press comes up with wet market origin. Not sure if incompetence or propaganda. UCSD survives on NIAID grants.
I think that was the gist of the article.

As I've said, the definitive proof either way resides with China, and they have not released the necessary data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 09:32 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,243,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Ok retired doc, but the Covid-19 pathogen has a genetic footprint that has never been observed in a natural coronavirus. I'm not a conspiracy theory nut, so statements such as this beg an explanation.
SARS-COV-2 IS THE pathogen ...Covid -19 is the resulting disease. You missed it by 'that' much

Old 08-02-2022, 09:57 AM

30,306 posts, read 11,944,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I think that was the gist of the article.

As I've said, the definitive proof either way resides with China, and they have not released the necessary data.

I think if the data supported their claim that it covid started in the wet market they would have released the data. That seems pretty obvious.

Old 08-02-2022, 10:07 AM

18,914 posts, read 8,547,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think if the data supported their claim that it covid started in the wet market they would have released the data. That seems pretty obvious.
Many of such data have been found and discussed, as perpetually with no direct conclusion. For reasons of national security China may never release the necessary data, if they even have it.

Old 08-02-2022, 10:16 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,323,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I hope Kilmeade is at least getting paid by China to spread those lies.

It absolutely 100% did come from the BSL-4 lab and they absolutely 100% covered it up after the fact.

Now whether it was accidental, a state sponsored act, or a rogue element that did it, that’s up for debate.

Regardless, China should pay reparations to the rest of the world for generations to come. But when you’ve got the entire Biden clan in your hip pocket, it’s easy to skate responsibility.
well, the OP included no link, either to the comments of the title nor this "book" that was read.

But OP did say that Kilmeade said he didn't think it was intentional.

He apparently didn't say he didn't think it came from the lab.

He said "not on purpose"

Old 08-02-2022, 01:38 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,944,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's nonsense.
Your whole idea of considering China a dictatorship is just silly and only shows you have no clue of China.

In China they do all those lockdowns BECAUSE they cherish life and avoid no effort to save people's lives.

Thinning the herd would be much more typical of the US, which has conducted biological experiments on its own and other populations for decades...
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

China committed genocide against Uyghurs, independent tribunal rules

"The Uyghur Tribunal cited birth control and sterilisation measures allegedly carried out by the state against the Uyghurs as the primary reason for reaching its conclusion on Thursday.

said there was "no evidence of mass killings" in Xinjiang, but he said that the alleged efforts to prevent births amounted to genocidal intent. The panel also said it had found evidence of crimes against humanity, torture, and sexual violence against the Uyghur people."

Old 08-02-2022, 01:43 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,814,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

China committed genocide against Uyghurs, independent tribunal rules

"The Uyghur Tribunal cited birth control and sterilisation measures allegedly carried out by the state against the Uyghurs as the primary reason for reaching its conclusion on Thursday.

said there was "no evidence of mass killings" in Xinjiang, but he said that the alleged efforts to prevent births amounted to genocidal intent. The panel also said it had found evidence of crimes against humanity, torture, and sexual violence against the Uyghur people."

Are you kidding?!

That tribunal is a joke, a private show created and paid for by a well-known China hater, so much for independent. Anyone can call anything tribunal, but get informed, it has no legal status at all. There are videos on the Internet where they mock the absurd performances of actors and actresses that claim to be victims or witnesses.

There is nothing genocidal about family planning and birth control, which used to be pretty absent among Uyghurs in the past, which had led to families with way too many kids they could not take care of. You know, not unlike in Afghanistan or Africa...
Thanks to the changes, Uyghur women can have a life for the first time and they appreciate it.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:55 PM

16,751 posts, read 8,735,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
Brian just made a brief statement saying that he didn't think China purposely planed to spread the Coronavirus because they are suffering more than we are. They have super-strict lock-downs. He mentioned how a man went out to buy some groceries and wasn't allowed to go back home.

I agree because if it had been planned, they would have had strict controls in place to protect their own people and their economy. It wouldn't make sense for them to be sloppy about it and end up suffering more than we are.

Also, after reading a book on this subject, I don't think the virus came from the lab in China. It could have but it's much more likely that it came from the "wet market" where animals were sold and slaughtered. And that's because that market was huge. I always pictured it being like a small roadside stand because I never heard anyone on the news, or talk shows, give the size of the market. But then I read that the wet market had 500,000 square feet of booths where animals were sold and slaughtered.

At least the lab had some safe guards in place, but this huge market had no safe guards at all. And viruses were known to be likely in this area. There were warnings about this possibility since around 2008. It was often suggested that the market be shut down because vendors could have been infected or shoppers could have been infected, so it could very likely have been a breading place for new strains of viruses to develop. But it was never closed because it was a multi-billion dollar business.
For starters, when you create a monster, don't be surprised when it comes back to harm you.

Aside from that, the CCP kept everyone from Wuhan from traveling in the rest of China, but allowed them to travel the world. Then they tried to blame America for it.
Those two things among others indicates efforts to have others suffer, and to deny responsibility.

What in the hell are they doing gain of function research in a lab connected to the CCP military to begin with.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:57 PM
bu2

24,149 posts, read 14,989,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As a retired doc I have spent significant time with many experts in this area on and off since the Pandemic began. No real new stuff these days, only more opinions, and publicly we are no closer to any conclusion lab or natural origin. As it was 2 years ago, it all depends on what China wants the world to know.
Which VERY strongly supports the idea that it was created in their lab.

And why Wuhan? There are other places closer to the bats. No place closer to a lab.

And of course, there are some scientific studies that support the idea it did come from the lab. When I see one opposing that idea, unless they've got really good data (which none have), my first question is whether those scientists get any funding from the Chinese or collaborate with them.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:37 PM

3,113 posts, read 944,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Which VERY strongly supports the idea that it was created in their lab.

And why Wuhan? There are other places closer to the bats. No place closer to a lab.

And of course, there are some scientific studies that support the idea it did come from the lab. When I see one opposing that idea, unless they've got really good data (which none have), my first question is whether those scientists get any funding from the Chinese or collaborate with them.
Wuhan/Hubei is not even close to bat colonies that spread coronaviruses. The closest relative of our friend SARS-CoV-2 are from Yunnan province (only 95-97% similarity which for viruses means 100s of years of evolution if natural). Which is around 1,500km away.

The most damning thing to me is that any intermediate evolutionary bridges of the furin cleavage site would not make the virus transmissible in either humans or bats. We’re talking astronomically small odds this was a virus adapted to bats and leaped to humans naturally. Only plausible scenarios are lab leak or some other, hereby not identified host animal.

The original Wuhan wild type virus also behaved incredibly strangely. 40% of cases were asymptomatic while 5% of cases were severe, requiring hospitalization. Young kids (0-6) who are usually the second most susceptible group to respiratory viruses after the elderly due to immune naivety, were completely spared.

The Omicrons are behaving far more naturally. Maybe 10% or so are now asymptomatic while 0% or so need hospitalization. Kids are the second most impacted group after the elderly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies