Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 03:11 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,223,343 times

Advertisements

VAERS database - 29,790 deaths

Monkeypox - 5 deaths

Yeah I know - it's not even close.

Yet...

Monkeypox
is reported as the growing pandemic
95% of infected is from gay sex
no calls to stop or even slow down the behavior

Vaccines
continue to vaccinate and boost people
vaccinate kids who are least likely to deal with adverse effects from COVID
flirting around with mandates again

What's wrong with this picture? I am seeing multiple issues here.

Old 07-30-2022, 03:21 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,625,370 times
How many people have been exposed to Monkeypox?

How many people have been exposed to any of the Covid vaccines?

Old 07-30-2022, 03:25 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,156,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LF2Better View Post
Do you think if Monkey Pox were primarily transmitted via heterosexual sex, that there would be calls to “stop or even slow down the behavior”?
Yes, but i have yet to hear such advise concerning poopypox

Old 07-30-2022, 03:33 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,156,388 times
Quote:
I’m not exactly sure how to respond….I’m assuming you are trying to be funny. If so, we don’t share a similar sense of humor.
Quote:
Do you think if Monkey Pox were primarily transmitted via heterosexual sex, that there would be calls to “stop or even slow down the behavior”?
Yes, if transmitted via heterostyle, the advice would be to limit partners and practice safe sex. Are we hearing that yet?

Old 07-30-2022, 03:50 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,223,343 times
Quote:
Monkeypox is a pretend pandemic so it makes no sense to call to stop anything. But since they want to treat it like a pandemic I would think they would call to stop the behavior.

Instead they push vaccines. Which is probably what they would do if it has a hetero issue. Vaccinate.

---------------

Check this out

‘I literally screamed out loud in pain’: my two weeks of monkeypox hell

I got monkeypox and it’s been a total nightmare.

When New York Pride festivities kicked off on 24 June, I was aware that monkeypox was an emerging issue – especially for gay men – but I was also under the impression that the number of cases in the city was relatively small. What I didn’t understand was how absolutely dismal testing capacity was: at that point, the city only had capacity to process ten tests a day.

I had sex with several guys over the weekend. Then a week later, on 1 July, I started feeling very fatigued. I had a high fever with chills and muscle aches, and my lymph nodes were so swollen they were protruding two inches out of my throat.

I’m a 39-year-old man from Sweden, living in Brooklyn and working in philanthropy. For the past decade, my work has primarily focused on sexual and reproductive health and rights, so I followed the outbreak from the very beginning.

Two days after my symptoms began, the rash started as anorectal lesions – painful sores on my anus and rectum.

I will leave it there… you get the point. Basically this is a person who should have known better. How can you say you have studied sexual health for a decade and then choose to have gay sex over a weekend with several men? Did his studies include not putting body parts in locations designed for solid waste removal?

The total tone of his rant is to blame the system because he had two weeks of consequences for his deviant behavior. Oh – and he also tested positive for gonorrhoea. Give me a break…

These people want to do whatever deviant behavior they want without any consequences. That’s not how God works. That’s not how life works.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:23 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
VAERS database - 29,790 deaths

Monkeypox - 5 deaths

Yeah I know - it's not even close.

Yet...

Monkeypox
is reported as the growing pandemic
95% of infected is from gay sex
no calls to stop or even slow down the behavior

Vaccines
continue to vaccinate and boost people
vaccinate kids who are least likely to deal with adverse effects from COVID
flirting around with mandates again

What's wrong with this picture? I am seeing multiple issues here.
VAERS reports are not confirmed deaths due to any vaccine, including COVID. Please stop using VAERS to count vaccine deaths. That is deliberately spreading misinformation.

Yes, this outbreak is spreading in the gay population, but anyone can get it. It is not exclusively a sexually transmitted disease but one than is spread by contact with infected skin.

Covid and monkeypox are not related diseases. Control measures will differ. Yes, changes in behavior have been recommended for reducing the spread of monkeypox.

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeyp...atherings.html

Old 07-30-2022, 05:38 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,213,035 times
Might be more accurate to say it spreads mostly during intimate contact especially during sexual activity and is currently primarily found in the gay community. Gayness probably has nothing to do with the spread. The bi-sexuals will bring it forth into hetero communities. The real agent of spread is probably about the number of partners, non monogamy and all that.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:55 PM

17,816 posts, read 13,719,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
VAERS reports are not confirmed deaths due to any vaccine, including COVID. Please stop using VAERS to count vaccine deaths. That is deliberately spreading misinformation.
What is hilarious is these rightie anti vaxxers try to use VAERS to support their positions when VAERS is operated by the CDC and the FDA. Two government agencies that they are otherwise constantly vilifying or trying to discredit.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:20 PM

3,074 posts, read 1,304,610 times
When you consider the fact over 30% of monkeypox cases have occurred in people who have AIDS or HIV, the death rate is quite a bit lower than you’d expect

Old 07-30-2022, 09:27 PM

3,113 posts, read 940,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
When you consider the fact over 30% of monkeypox cases have occurred in people who have AIDS or HIV, the death rate is quite a bit lower than you’d expect
The death rate as it stands is 0%. Cannot be lower than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies