Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 02:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I once read that Islam was not successful until it was forced upon people and the people doing the forcing were promised the land, women and children (to takes as slaves) of the "infidels" they forced it upon.
It began life as a religion of conquest. A thousand yrs ago a Persian poet wrote in the Book Of Kings:

"Damn this world, damn this time, damn this fate,
That uncivilized Arabs have come to
Make me a Muslim
Where are your valiant warriors and priests
Where are your hunting parties and your feats?"

The early caliphates (Umayyad), the Moors, the Ottomans ... the list is long. Christianity wasn't much different. It was expansionist as well. All across the world but it grew up 500 yrs ago. Islam hasn't yet. It is still actively trying to force infidels into alignment with its beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 06:31 PM

158 posts, read 43,966 times
why do you care what iran does. i mean here criminals are rewarded and called victims of opression if they willingly and openlywant to commit crime

Old 08-03-2022, 06:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odjebi View Post
why do you care what iran does. i mean here criminals are rewarded and called victims of opression if they willingly and openlywant to commit crime
Well they've killed plenty of our troops who were NOT in their country so yeah I care. To the extent that I'd like to see us take about a 10x degree of vengeance upon them for that. When does that start? I'd like to help. Maybe send some $$ to buy a guidance fin on an FAE?

Old 08-04-2022, 05:04 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't have a problem with this. It's their country and culture and laws. As long as they are not being unfairly tried, then so be it.

After all, we have the death penalty in this country. (Which I support)
Well if we have the Death Penalty, all lesser punishments ought to be petty in comparison. (I would support it if it was used effectively but it isn't so I don't.)

I'm sure your local police officer can gouge the eyes off a violent perpetrator of fellow human violence on an innocent other without consequence. I'm sure the police precinct's insurance will cover the incident and the police officer will skate without reprimand.

Welcome to Planet earth.

Old 08-05-2022, 03:55 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
The death penalty is not used often enough. At the other end of the spectrum, we should institute caning to punish the many perps who are currently set free, crime after crime.

To me, gouging out someone's eyes is uncivilized cruelty. Kill them instead.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:54 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
I don’t know how to feel about this. It’s grotesque, and I would like to know how this is done and who is sick enough to carry this out. Justice or not, unless it’s the original victim doing it, someone has to be, uh, mentally ill enough? to destroy someone’s eye in this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies