Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 06:21 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,141,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Do you take other vaccines? If so, then you can have no objections to the Covid vaccine, which is not experimental.
Considering that ingredients like aborted fetal cells are involved in some but not others, some people do opt to take some but not others. I highly recommend this thing called critical thinking where you do some research on things before making snap blanket decisions on important health matters. I’m not here to debate vaccines, just correcting the idea that one must refuse all or accept all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 06:22 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,141,526 times
Quote:
I was in the hospital for a week last fall. If it had not been a hospital that had terminated all unvaccinated employees, I would have asked that no unvaccinated people enter my room or be involved in my treatment.
Living in fear must be paralyzing.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:54 PM

13,305 posts, read 8,550,624 times
*meh*, 10 mill is a sneeze considering the sources filing.
Leave your 'host' body at home or take the precautions. B's on the religious exemption. Sure it's real to claim. It's just that I suspect most filing have no true religion to practice just another avenue to feign an injustice.

Wouldn't want any of these person's tending to my loved one if they are ignorant to precaution methods.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:05 PM

1,307 posts, read 588,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
This company apparently had a policy of "No Religious Accommodations". That was their undoing and why there was no chance they would prevail.

However, the company is going to have an even harder time if it denies any exemption and decides to claim that the employee didn't show that their beliefs were held deeply enough.

This should also be a big wake-up call to any company that had similar policies.
I'm well aware of why this went the way it did. My point was more to those who are doing what happens with every lawsuit, reading more into the ruling than what is there, ie thinking this applies across the board for all employees who refused for personal non-religious reasons.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:13 PM

45,883 posts, read 27,536,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Considering that ingredients like aborted fetal cells are involved in some but not others, some people do opt to take some but not others. I highly recommend this thing called critical thinking where you do some research on things before making snap blanket decisions on important health matters. I’m not here to debate vaccines, just correcting the idea that one must refuse all or accept all.
Makes you think why they need abortions to continue... need more HEK293?

Old 08-04-2022, 07:20 PM

4,969 posts, read 2,269,058 times
Quote:
Do you take other vaccines? If so, then you can have no objections to the Covid vaccine, which is not experimental.
I make PERSONAL health decisions based on my PERSONAL needs, most often with a consultation with my PERSONAL physician. Not some putz on an Internet forum.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:35 PM

18,957 posts, read 8,586,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
It’s a start.

No one should be forced to choose between their work/school or a vaccination they don’t want.
In certain bio-lab and close in HC jobs it might need to be mandatory.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
but in the first year of the pandemic, no one was vaccinated and nurses and drs still worked and took care of patients. So if unvaccinated medical professionals were so dangerous why didnt the govt shutter every hospital in the country? Because those professionals werent dangerous and almost no one got sick. Still arent dangerous. But the vaccinated ones can still spread the disease, but thats ok with you?
Early novel Pandemics may require extraordinary solutions in order to keep acute HC access available. Quite the heroes IMO. Plenty of close in HC workers all over the world got sick and died early on with Covid.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:46 PM

15,785 posts, read 7,774,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
but in the first year of the pandemic, no one was vaccinated and nurses and drs still worked and took care of patients. So if unvaccinated medical professionals were so dangerous why didnt the govt shutter every hospital in the country? Because those professionals werent dangerous and almost no one got sick. Still arent dangerous. But the vaccinated ones can still spread the disease, but thats ok with you?
The risk is lower if they are vaccinated. I was sick enough as it was without risking getting Covid as well.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Living in fear must be paralyzing.
Spring 2020 and there was plenty of fear to go around in most any medical community in the world. If you weren't close in at the time, then lucky you. I knew/know many who had no luxury. Many quit rather than take on the risks. The vaccine risks were child's play in comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies