Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 06:47 AM

19,751 posts, read 10,193,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Female and certified religious conscientious objector to war.
I served with some COs. They were drafted.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:51 AM

8,653 posts, read 9,174,347 times
Quote:
Female and certified religious conscientious objector to war.
Democrats need to change that. Equal opportunity draft so females have the same opportunity of experiencing life in the foxhole. Good for their resume. And religion is so out of fashion, abolish that pesky religious objection thing.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:51 AM

1,765 posts, read 768,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I served with some COs. They were drafted.
How many females that are moms of babies were drafted?

Old 08-04-2022, 06:52 AM

5,045 posts, read 2,419,860 times
If this happens it will be blamed on cheating. I see a number of posters using the cheat card to brace themselves for the possibility of a big disappointment. I don’t think an election result will ever be accepted again on either side. Changing the rules around last time has broken the electoral system in this country.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:52 AM

18,507 posts, read 31,741,142 times
Quote:
Just my PREDICTION, but the Democrats will surprise and win 2022. Full disclosure, I am 21 and a moderate-Pro-Life-Democrat.

1, Democrats have won 3 of the last 4 generic congressional polls.

2, Republicans don't have a lot of good candidates in my state, Democrats have made this worse for Republicans by constantly funding the worst most extreme candidates. I don't approve of this strategy, but it will likely pay off.

3, Nationwide Democrats overall won the redistricting battle. Rhode Island's census accidentally overcounted, letting them keep a congressional seat that they would have lost to a Red State.

4, Trump. It seems like many people on all sides live in an echo chamber these days. Trump supporters know that Trump is toxic to those on the left, but they don't realize just how toxic he is to those in the middle. The more that Trump lingers on the side, pushes for a 2024 run, endorses candidates, the more it helps Democrats. Almost all of the girls in my friend group can't stand him.

Some of the very best humans I know are Trump voters, but they just can't see how toxic he is to so many in the middle and what they fail to see what he represents to so many independent voters. It will be the GOP's undoing in November.

5, TV has covered many stories that just make Republicans look poor lately. From January 6, to the Ohio girl that got raped, to Republicans voting against securing Gay Marriage. Issues that Republicans can win on like should racist ideas be taught in schools have taken a back seat in TV coverage.

6, The youth vote will come out strong against Republicans.

7, Inflation is a problem, but most realize that it isn't solely Biden's fault and both parties pushed bigger spending during the pandemic, even if Democrats wanted even bigger spending. This won't help Republicans too much.

8, People want a larger safety net, like perhaps a national healthcare system. Democrats are the path forward on this.

9, As a Pro-Life Democrat, I once had in 2020, a smug not that masculine Democrat man tell me "You are anti-women's rights, that is not a Democrat, cutie." I was angered to the point that I almost didn't vote Dem in my first election. Democrats have seemed to wise up a bit lately, as no Democrat has been so insulting and condescending to me if I say that I am a pro-Life Democrat for pacifist religious beliefs.

10, There have always been a little more Democrats, it is just that Democrats were a little less likely to vote. The new easier voting methods have flipped the tables. They are still in place.

11. Biden is unpopular, Biden is NOT doing a great job, but he is also NOT on the Ballot. Biden does not equal the Democratic Party in its entirety.

Don't be mad, just my thoughts, good people can disagree, what are your thoughts? I think the Democrats do surprise in November.

your 21, I'm 60.
I don't agree with one thing you stated, well, maybe that Biden is not doing a good job, because he isn't.
Biden / Harris are doing a terrible job and are the worst administration ever.

at 21, you haven't lived enough of life to even give any statements like what you have posted.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:53 AM

5,045 posts, read 2,419,860 times
Quote:
How many females that are moms of babies were drafted?
You are a classic liberal. Not bothered by the thought as long as you have your way to dodge it. I guess you are lucky somebody keeps you barefoot, pregnant and safe.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
You are a classic liberal. Not bothered by the thought as long as you have your way to dodge it. I guess you are lucky somebody keeps you barefoot, pregnant and safe.
I literally oppose wars and the draft.

I also want less military spending.

The other poster said I would get drafted for some odd reason, I merely stated that the odds of that are not likely based on the facts of who they would draft.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:06 AM

3,270 posts, read 5,653,389 times
Quote:
Just my PREDICTION, but the Democrats will surprise and win 2022. Full disclosure, I am 21 and a moderate-Pro-Life-Democrat.

1, Democrats have won 3 of the last 4 generic congressional polls.

2, Republicans don't have a lot of good candidates in my state, Democrats have made this worse for Republicans by constantly funding the worst most extreme candidates. I don't approve of this strategy, but it will likely pay off.

3, Nationwide Democrats overall won the redistricting battle. Rhode Island's census accidentally overcounted, letting them keep a congressional seat that they would have lost to a Red State.

4, Trump. It seems like many people on all sides live in an echo chamber these days. Trump supporters know that Trump is toxic to those on the left, but they don't realize just how toxic he is to those in the middle. The more that Trump lingers on the side, pushes for a 2024 run, endorses candidates, the more it helps Democrats. Almost all of the girls in my friend group can't stand him.

Some of the very best humans I know are Trump voters, but they just can't see how toxic he is to so many in the middle and what they fail to see what he represents to so many independent voters. It will be the GOP's undoing in November.

5, TV has covered many stories that just make Republicans look poor lately. From January 6, to the Ohio girl that got raped, to Republicans voting against securing Gay Marriage. Issues that Republicans can win on like should racist ideas be taught in schools have taken a back seat in TV coverage.

6, The youth vote will come out strong against Republicans.

7, Inflation is a problem, but most realize that it isn't solely Biden's fault and both parties pushed bigger spending during the pandemic, even if Democrats wanted even bigger spending. This won't help Republicans too much.

8, People want a larger safety net, like perhaps a national healthcare system. Democrats are the path forward on this.

9, As a Pro-Life Democrat, I once had in 2020, a smug not that masculine Democrat man tell me "You are anti-women's rights, that is not a Democrat, cutie." I was angered to the point that I almost didn't vote Dem in my first election. Democrats have seemed to wise up a bit lately, as no Democrat has been so insulting and condescending to me if I say that I am a pro-Life Democrat for pacifist religious beliefs.

10, There have always been a little more Democrats, it is just that Democrats were a little less likely to vote. The new easier voting methods have flipped the tables. They are still in place.

11. Biden is unpopular, Biden is NOT doing a great job, but he is also NOT on the Ballot. Biden does not equal the Democratic Party in its entirety.

Don't be mad, just my thoughts, good people can disagree, what are your thoughts? I think the Democrats do surprise in November.
Before I give my well thought out response(s) to you I do have some statements and questions (and generally I feel it is wrong to answer questions with questions but you seem to be desiring thought stimulation from your audience so more info is needed for my targeted response. :

1. Do you manage and totally finance your own house/household?

2. Do you pay for your food?

3. Do you own and drive your own car?

4. If the Dems win , as you seem to predict they will, are you prepared for the societal reset that comes with that?

5. Do you remember the cost of things, the US economic outlook prior to the Chinese Pandemic and can you visualize the change economically in the US in the past 2 years?

6. Do you feel that Dem leadership and policies played a part in the ongoing and deepening US economic problems and World leadership voids such as : inflation, rising interest rates, negative GDP growth, decline of the US Dollar, strength and growth of our global enemy the Chinese Communists, Russian Ruble at it's greatest strength ever, Russia's war in Ukraine (You do realize the Russians do these violent aggressive things during Democratic administrations don't you?).

And a bit of advice from a 70 year old that remembers the fiasco that was Jimmy Carter (I was young like you and pretty moderate to liberal) and was raised by grandparents that succinctly remembered The Great Depression and always told me of the hardships and that it led to WWII. Consider your political positioning with a keen eye toward the future because your very future could depend on it.

Lastly, you may be correct in your forecast of a Dem win. If so then the US people deserve what they get. I remember that my grandparents were staunch Roosevelt Dems and only switched parties in the 1950's after being able to look back at the mayhem wrought upon America by the Dem governments. And those Dem party lines in the 50's and early 60's were much, much, more conservative than todays Dems. Johnson pretty much skrewed the pooch!

Learn some history AND apply it.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Before I give my well thought out response(s) to you I do have some statements and questions (and generally I feel it is wrong to answer questions with questions but you seem to be desiring thought stimulation from your audience so more info is needed for my targeted response. :

1. Do you manage and totally finance your own house/household?

2. Do you pay for your food?

3. Do you own and drive your own car?

4. If the Dems win , as you seem to predict they will, are you prepared for the societal reset that comes with that?

5. Do you remember the cost of things, the US economic outlook prior to the Chinese Pandemic and can you visualize the change economically in the US in the past 2 years?

6. Do you feel that Dem leadership and policies played a part in the ongoing and deepening US economic problems and World leadership voids such as : inflation, rising interest rates, negative GDP growth, decline of the US Dollar, strength and growth of our global enemy the Chinese Communists, Russian Ruble at it's greatest strength ever, Russia's war in Ukraine (You do realize the Russians do these violent aggressive things during Democratic administrations don't you?).

And a bit of advice from a 70 year old that remembers the fiasco that was Jimmy Carter (I was young like you and pretty moderate to liberal) and was raised by grandparents that succinctly remembered The Great Depression and always told me of the hardships and that it led to WWII. Consider your political positioning with a keen eye toward the future because your very future could depend on it.

Lastly, you may be correct in your forecast of a Dem win. If so then the US people deserve what they get. I remember that my grandparents were staunch Roosevelt Dems and only switched parties in the 1950's after being able to look back at the mayhem wrought upon America by the Dem governments. And those Dem party lines in the 50's and early 60's were much, much, more conservative than todays Dems. Johnson pretty much skrewed the pooch!

Learn some history AND apply it.

>>>I am just making a prediction, I could be wrong.

1. No. I am a stay at home mom.

2. My husband makes all of the money, so technically he does.

3. I do have a car.

4. What is the societal reset exactly that will happen if Democrats win in 2022?

5. I do know that inflation is hurting most households, I just think you can't blame it solely on Democrats as the Republicans also pushed more spending and stimulus....the Democrats just did that a little more.

6. I don't think the Democrats are perfect, for example, I criticize their pushing of divisive identity politics into school/culture and then denying that it happens in schools.

I think Democrats stand for some positive issues like national healthcare and a better environment.

History was my favorite subject in school.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:16 AM

22,687 posts, read 24,703,153 times
NOPE, you will see, it is going to be a gorgeously-nightmarish blowout for the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies