Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 09:45 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,258,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
If this happens it will be blamed on cheating. I see a number of posters using the cheat card to brace themselves for the possibility of a big disappointment. I don’t think an election result will ever be accepted again on either side. Changing the rules around last time has broken the electoral system in this country.
^^^This is accurate. No matter which side wins there will be howls of cheating. Quite likely accurate howls. Look at Maricopa County right now. The cheating that occurred in 2020 (Dems would say 2016) drove a nail in our electoral system. We stopped being "of the people and by the people" nearly 2 years ago.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:14 AM

17,590 posts, read 9,374,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Let's hope your prediction doesn't come true. Since the democrats took control in 2021, we have an economic crisis, border crisis, and crime crisis. Schools are trying to sexualize children and the government is trying to take away law abiding citizens ability to defend themselves. It's all due to democratic policies.
“Stay at home mom” made her first vote in 2020. She still believes in that vote. Perhaps she is fortunate enough to not have to worry about how to feed her family or put gas in the car for her husband to get to work.

She surely doesn’t have to worry about teachers, unions, school boards & Government taking over her job as a parent, and turning Education into Social Justice instead of learning about reading, math, history. She is lucky, those things are big concerns with the parents of school age kids. My 3 grandkids missed 2 years of school that they now need to figure out how to make up. One of them graduated this year and is not ready for college. 2 of them are in Counseling & on medication for depression.

Perhaps “Stay at home Mom” doesn’t live in a city and doesn’t have to worry about attacks on the street, car jacking, home invasions or drive by shootings. She and her small family live a charmed life without the worries that most of have daily. Let her enjoy her Utopia World, reality could be just around the corner.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:15 AM

9,759 posts, read 9,999,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Female and certified religious conscientious objector to war.
Well isn't that convenient!!

So you get everyone to vote dem, we end up in a huge war, soldiers die, but you are safely at home.

Nice!!

Old 08-04-2022, 10:17 AM

9,547 posts, read 11,298,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Thank god.
The US is thriving under democratic control.
Things haven’t been this good in years!
Change! Change we can believe in! Yes we can!

Old 08-04-2022, 10:19 AM

9,759 posts, read 9,999,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
LOL, can you even imagine.

Classic liberal, like I'd really give a rats azz about the opinion of a 21 year old stay at home mom, makes me almost wanna laugh, Oh wait, I am laughing already.
Like her views would mean squat.
Well, a liberal version of high school history was her favorite subject, after all. So much wisdom for her to share with the world!!

Old 08-04-2022, 10:24 AM

79,107 posts, read 61,238,971 times
Quote:
Just my PREDICTION, but the Democrats will surprise and win 2022. Full disclosure, I am 21 and a moderate-Pro-Life-Democrat.
You make some points so I appreciate your puzzling through it a bit as it shows you're at least thinking.

HEre are the current Senate projections.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...recast/senate/

Big question mark is does the abortion bounce fade. Personally, I think it does if inflation etc. remain high.

Here are the current House projections.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orecast/house/

The house is looking very grim for the D's. I don't see that reversing.
(My congressional rep KS 3rd district is a dem and has been reasonable, but she's in trouble.)

P.S. Some of the comments you make lead me to believe that you may be a student or at least not out on your own and raising a family and are likely at least middle income background. Some of the things you waive off are a real hardship to some people and the Biden admin has been lying and finger pointing about both inflation and gas prices since the outset. Things that may not hit you hard are hammering others.

Last edited by Mathguy; 08-04-2022 at 10:36 AM..

Old 08-04-2022, 10:41 AM

467 posts, read 229,260 times
The name of Jimmy Carter was invoked upstream, so it might be beneficial to note the 1980 election and results for the young grasshoppers on this thread. Draw your own conclusions, but very real possibility you can just substitute Minnesota and Georgia for Oregon and Washington. Flip in Delaware. Not sure about RI and MD. And for the record, "classic" liberals actually supported civil rights, for everyone. Over the past 2 years, "Democrats have perpetrated the most horrific, discriminatory, bigoted, civil liberties violations in my lifetime" -- Eli Klein

Last edited by sammythebull; 08-04-2022 at 10:53 AM..

Old 08-04-2022, 10:44 AM

4,580 posts, read 4,127,152 times
Republicans and “centrist” Democrats (really republicans except in name) kneecap any effort to get anything done. The same happened with The Republican healthcare plan in 2009-2010 (yes it was the Republican plan from the 90s. Then there was a red wave.

The OP is wrong.

Also there is no far left in Washington. The Overton Window has moved so far to the right that Reagan would be a modern day democrat.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:10 AM

467 posts, read 229,260 times
Quote:
8, People want a larger safety net, like perhaps a national healthcare system. Democrats are the path forward on this.
People old enough to remember or young enough to read history understand that this has been an unfulfilled campaign promise by everyone, because of the powerful drug, insurance, and health care lobby. Until everyone realizes that, nothing will change. It's not a Red/Blue issue, but rather a top down economic issue. Here's Bill Clinton's campaign platform from 1992 (below), all unfulfilled promises. Sure, people want #8 on your list, but neither party is the path forward on it.

Our health care system costs too much and does not work. Washington has favored the insurance companies, drug manufacturers and health care bureaucracies. Putting people first means guaranteeing every American the right to affordable quality health care. We will:

Control health care costs to ensure that they do not rise faster than the rate of inflation.
Eliminate tax breaks for drug companies that raise their prices faster than Americans' incomes.
Take on the powerful insurance lobby to prevent consumers from subsidizing billions in administrative waste.
Guarantee a core benefits package that includes ambulatory physician care, inpatient hospital care, prescription drugs, basic mental health, and expanded prenatal, preventive, and long-term care. The package will be set by a health standards board made up of consumers, providers, business, labor and government.

Make health care a right, not a privilege, by giving employers and employees the right to buy private insurance or opt for a public package.

Streamline the health care bureaucracy and protect small business by instituting a "community rating" program.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:17 AM

4,580 posts, read 4,127,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
People old enough to remember or young enough to read history understand that this has been an unfulfilled campaign promise by everyone, because of the powerful drug, insurance, and health care lobby. Until everyone realizes that, nothing will change. It's not a Red/Blue issue, but rather a top down economic issue. Here's Bill Clinton's campaign platform from 1992 (below), all unfulfilled promises. Sure, people want #8 on your list, but neither party is the path forward on it.

Our health care system costs too much and does not work. Washington has favored the insurance companies, drug manufacturers and health care bureaucracies. Putting people first means guaranteeing every American the right to affordable quality health care. We will:

Control health care costs to ensure that they do not rise faster than the rate of inflation.
Eliminate tax breaks for drug companies that raise their prices faster than Americans' incomes.
Take on the powerful insurance lobby to prevent consumers from subsidizing billions in administrative waste.
Guarantee a core benefits package that includes ambulatory physician care, inpatient hospital care, prescription drugs, basic mental health, and expanded prenatal, preventive, and long-term care. The package will be set by a health standards board made up of consumers, providers, business, labor and government.

Make health care a right, not a privilege, by giving employers and employees the right to buy private insurance or opt for a public package.

Streamline the health care bureaucracy and protect small business by instituting a "community rating" program.
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/07/31/m...nt-s-past.html

Read about Bill Clinton and Tyson in the late 70s early 80s.

He was taught a decade before his presidency, don’t bite the hand of corporate America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies