Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 09:55 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,313 times

Advertisements

This needs to be happening in all 50 states. We have laws for a reason. Governor DeSantis is leading by example....as always.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:03 AM

9,509 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
This needs to be happening in all 50 states. We have laws for a reason. Governor DeSantis is leading by example....as always.
Exactly, we may not always agree with the laws, but there are also ways to get them changed. This DA was responsible for enforcing the laws of Florida. It's no different than a police officer ignoring laws they are supposed to enforce. That officer would be fired if they intentionally ignored laws.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:12 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,342,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Except that he was elected by the locals to do the job, not “hired” via a traditional process. I suppose DeSantis could suspend everyone he doesn’t like, but then it seems like the locals could just elect someone else they want in there. If they locals don’t want a republican or one of DeSantis’ cronies, there isn’t much he can do about it.
If a prosecutor, elected or not, does not do the job they were hired to do, they should be removed. This prosecutor even refused to prosecute violent criminals who attacked cops.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:20 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,342,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I'm a bit skeptical of DeSantis, but its things like this that are turning me into a believer.
He really is an awesome Governor. A lot of what you read about him in the media is either seriously misleading or downright wrong. Prime example was the "Don't Say Gay" bill that never existed. The bills real name was "Parental Rights in Education" which outlawed teachers from instructing students on ANY sexual orientation (including heterosexuality) or gender identity to 5-9 year old's. No where in the bill does it mention gay, LBGTQIA+ or any other sexual orientation. It was meant to cover ALL orientations. I have no idea why people got into an uproar over the governor, and most parents, who do not want their littles taught this stuff in school.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:27 AM

4,912 posts, read 2,062,076 times
Well, liberals are truly funny animals. First they supported and voted for all this nationwide “soft on crime” approach and Far-Left District Attorneys since to a liberal, it “made them feel good.” A temporary feeling until violent crime explosion made its way outside of the inner cities and into their communities.

Now that they’re now on the receiving end of violent crime, in their once safe communities, they’re now supporting more enforcement of the laws that actually locks criminals.

Even in the Deep Blue States and cities, liberal DAs are in trouble since the “reimagining law enforcement” movement was a complete failure that cost hundreds, if not thousand of innocent lives to be lost due to a mental illness of liberalism.

The whole concept of “reimagining law enforcement” sounds cool and fashionable, but once the reality of soft on crime policies causes the death of a liberal’s loved one, things just got real for them.

Governor DeSantis is one of America’s better leaders and I wouldn’t mind seeing him in the Whitehouse to fix all the problems the liberals and Democrats have caused.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:53 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Bravo to Gov DeSantis. I hope his actions will take hold and spread across this country. There's a reason we have laws. These prosecutors that will not uphold their duties all need to be suspended. Good on you, Governor

Old 08-04-2022, 02:19 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Default DeSantis Sending Police to Physically Remove Soros Backed State Attorney

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...g-enforce-laws

Cleaning house and removing trash

Old 08-04-2022, 02:25 PM

7,386 posts, read 3,542,914 times
one of the few Republicans that get it.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:32 PM

24,504 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Good. Desantis is a man of action and doing what is Right for his people and America. Get it done Dude.

It is infuriating to hear so many Democrats like Mayor Adams in NYC go on about how upset he is with the rising crime rates and revolving door of the justice system that the Liberal DA and judges just keep greasing. Why can't Adams be more like Desantis and take out the trash and get the city back on track? As Mayor he should be able to cause a big enough stink to get the ball rolling IF he is genuinely concerned..?

What is it with so many politicians that talk big and do next to nothing?

I saw an ad for a funny T shirt. It had an image of George Washington and beneath it read "Me and my Homies would be stacking bodies by now". These politicians have to start doing what is right for America.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:34 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
I like it.

You have to get them when they don't expect it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies