Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 10:11 AM

35,780 posts, read 21,156,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Just like any other job. If you refuse to do your job, you get fired. It is fully within the governor's power to fire a DA, its in Florida constitution.
Did not say he didn’t have the power. I’m saying he is targeting him for other reasons. Ayala said did not believe in death penalty. Still there, just does not do those cases. It’s about the LBGTQ issues. Openly going against the bully - DeSantis

Old 08-05-2022, 10:13 AM

52,838 posts, read 34,721,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
What federal law did Florida break?
^^ my question as well.

Last edited by uggabugga; 08-05-2022 at 10:31 AM..

Old 08-05-2022, 10:14 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Did not say he didn’t have the power. I’m saying he is targeting him for other reasons. Ayala said did not believe in death penalty. Still there, just does not do those cases. It’s about the LBGTQ issues. Openly going against the bully - DeSantis
The death penalty is not something DeSantis campaigned on, did he? If that was a major campaign issue, I am sure Ayala would be fired as well.
DeSantis was elected by the people to do precisely what he is doing, execute the laws that the people of Florida want. Hence his popularity and the coordinated hit pieces by the DNC.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:58 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,867,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Let the people of the state decide what’s best for them, not government
Well that's true 95% of the time. However we can't decide as voters when to replace someone who violates their oath of breaks the law. That must be done real time.

A Republic allows representatives to protect them from people like Andrew Warren who allows justice to be spat upon. The oath is to enforce the US Constitution and the constitution of Florida, not to have veto powers over the laws enacted by a duly elected legislature.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:05 AM

35,780 posts, read 21,156,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Well that's true 95% of the time. However we can't decide as voters when to replace someone who violates their oath of breaks the law. That must be done real time.

A Republic allows representatives to protect them from people like Andrew Warren who allows justice to be spat upon. The oath is to enforce the US Constitution and the constitution of Florida, not to have veto powers over the laws enacted by a duly elected legislature.
Not disagreeing- you are right. But there are words and there are facts. There were no discrepancies on the job or any laws not carried or job not done. etc. I have not problems with the firing - it’s a governors right. I’m just saying it’s based on the woke issue.

Old 08-05-2022, 01:23 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,568,931 times
Everything mentioned on the news about Andrew Warren, in regards to his firing is about Abortion. He refuses to prosecute these women that want to have an Abortion. So DeSantis fired him. If there are other reasons then I don't know.

Old 08-05-2022, 01:26 PM

52,838 posts, read 34,721,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Everything mentioned on the news about Andrew Warren, in regards to his firing is about Abortion. He refuses to prosecute these women that want to have an Abortion. So DeSantis fired him. If there are other reasons then I don't know.
there are.

Quote:
So I asked my staff to review all state attorneys in the state of Florida. I wanted to see who was picking and choosing, and this was the guy that all the line prosecutors all the law enforcement said he thinks he can pick and choose which laws. And he actually signed letters saying he wouldn't enforce laws against transgender surgeries for minors, laws protecting the right to life, and then he has all these policies in his agency that are called presumptive non-prosecution. No, the law is presumptively enforced, that's not something that's acceptable.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...are_happy.html

Old 08-05-2022, 02:17 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,867,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
What news are you listening too? CNN or Huffington Post? Did you hear the Hillsborough County Sherriff speak about felon he failed to keep in jail? Maybe you should expand your information sources.

Old 08-05-2022, 03:35 PM

31,163 posts, read 22,192,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What news are you listening too? CNN or Huffington Post? Did you hear the Hillsborough County Sherriff speak about felon he failed to keep in jail? Maybe you should expand your information sources.
Unfortunately all of the major News sources are Democrat controlled, and like the Jussie Smollet, Michael Brown, Russian Collusion with Trump, or Hunters Drug dealings coverage, it's all lies.

Old 08-05-2022, 03:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,465,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Priceless. More winning for DeSantis and Florida.
Thank god he has put an end to the massive crime wave of doctors breaking the law in FL.

Oh wait, there wasn't one. LOL

Just more grandstanding, running for Pres on FL dime and trotting out solutions to non problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies