Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 08:38 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So this person contradicted someone else's idea. Funnyt how that happens.

But in most times, lower income families strugglingt o stay afloat do not have the same time/privilege to debate, discuss what should or shouldn't be done. They are struggling to get by.

It's not suggesting they are less than -- it is suggesting they are as important, maybe even more so.

I don't know who this tv show host is...but it is obvious some of you feel she is someone we need to listen to. I don't know why.
Hey in media-blurt veritas. Sometimes their gaffes show their cards and if this didn't sound plausible as yet more leftist Orwellian newspeak I wouldn't give it the time of day.

I think you were unwise to deprecate the significance of their message and then confirm that same idea as something you agree with. Clearly there's something to it.

Do you even know anyone who's struggling? I sure do and they are super focused on this. A niece and single mother just told me she has $7 at the end of the month and it won't buy her the gas to get to work. This whole premise feels like something an out of touch academic would fantasize. Pretty typical stuff from the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 08:40 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Do they think blacks don't buy things, including gas?

Old 08-05-2022, 08:44 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,239,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Do they think blacks don't buy things, including gas?
Well, if they cant find the DMV to get ID's to vote, then how are they going to have driver's licenses to drive cars?

No cars.....no gas.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:55 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Well, if they cant find the DMV to get ID's to vote, then how are they going to have driver's licenses to drive cars?

No cars.....no gas.
Ah, good point.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:22 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
This pretty much sums it all up.
From the YT comments:

Quote:
Guitarskooter
12 hours ago (edited)
WTF? Tell us you're an out of touch privileged rich person, without telling us you're an out of touch privileged rich person.

It's a privilege to NOT worry about inflation as your number one issue. You are just like all the other privileged rich who don't have to worry how you are going to pay for groceries or gas next month. Inflation is a tax on the poor and hurts the poorest the worst. That's economics 101.

Then you go on to mention your number one issue is not getting killed on your way to work. I'm pretty sure you're not at risk of that leaving your gated community and driving to the studio. In Democratic controlled cities, where murder rates are the highest, it's an issue for some. Maybe their area needs some law and order. So what, just keep voting the same Democrats and hope that they will finally reduce the crime rates in those areas after 50+ years of not doing so? You guys do your viewers a disservice.
Spot on.

And to add... the only reason they are doing this is just to keep that division going strong.
Keep the people upset and angry and turning on each other.
More and more people are waking up to their scams, thank goodness.
Just need to keep pointing it out and shining a spotlight on it, so more will see the truth.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:27 AM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I think it is WAY past time to stop talking about WHITE privilege and start talking about CLASS privilege.

Honestly, the way some people talk, it seems that they completely ignore the fact that MANY blacks and Latinos and Asians are part of the middle and upper classes.

And, btw, I do agree that people who have more money have more privileges. It has always been that way, and I doubt very much if it will ever change, despite the efforts of many. If people work and sacrifice to earn more money that those who don't, imo, they deserve to have more privileges than those who don't.

(And the only objection I have to rich people are those people who are born to wealth and have never done an "honest day's work" in their entire lives have absolutely no sympathy for the working poor -- or, in fact, anyone who is poor for any reason. That and when they do whatever they can to avoid paying taxes.)

Old 08-05-2022, 09:47 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
I am guessing the only place these guys and CNN are in anymore is in the closed terminals at airports.. nobody watches MSNBC & CNN for news anymore surely

Old 08-05-2022, 09:59 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Meh -- delivery is bad and she was overly dramatic.

But I suspect if you ask the person working two jobs to stay afloat what they think of interest rates rising or gas reserves being released they will roll their eyes and tell you they don't hve time to discuss it.

That's her point.

People who are struggling to survive don't have the luxury of debating the best way to attack inflation.
Thank you for engaging in white priviledge by discussing the topic.

Let's be real though, what is happening here is that this writer wants to try to shame people into not talking about a huge problem in the country affecting everyone because it's politically damaging and the polls show it.

Pretty shameful on her part.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:06 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
funny that, for supposedly being such a scourge, 'white privilege' didn't even exist just a few short years ago...

Old 08-05-2022, 10:12 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,357,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Of course. Everybody knows POCs don't buy stuff, ya big dummies.

No, it's not the Babylon Bee, it's for real, LOL!

"Network host Zerlina Maxwell declared that these are issues only of the concern of white people, and she’s sick of it.

“Inflation, it’s almost a privilege to care about inflation as your number one issue, uh, the same is true of gas prices, or even the idea that it’s the economy stupid,” Maxwell said to some viewers.

She proclaims white people care about filling their tanks while she, as a black woman, has concerns about getting “killed on the way to [her] job......”

Killed on her way to her job? Does she work in the 'hood? If so, i don't blame her

More comedic insanity here:

https://www.outkick.com/msnbc-white-...on-gas-prices/
LMAO.

Mockingbird media trying to gaslight people on the skyrocketing inflation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies