Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 05:51 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

Not much different than the royalty/clergy during the dark ages telling the serfs that it is a sin to worry about temporal matters. One must worry about attaining heaven in the afterlife by being a good little slave to the king and the pope. Your suffering here on this earth is God's will. You mustn't rebel, you ungrateful knave, lest you be cast into fiery hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 05:55 PM

1,100 posts, read 432,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1978 View Post
She sounds like an ignorant, racist, TDS suffering wack job.
Which is exactly what she is!

Old 08-04-2022, 06:08 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
All this white privilege. I go to the supermarket and the food just jumps into my cart . Then I get in the white privilege check out and roll out without paying a cent. Then when I go to the gas station I go to the White privilege lane and get all my gas free. I am so White privileged. Why should I even care.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:09 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Meh -- delivery is bad and she was overly dramatic.

But I suspect if you ask the person working two jobs to stay afloat what they think of interest rates rising or gas reserves being released they will roll their eyes and tell you they don't hve time to discuss it.

That's her point.

People who are struggling to survive don't have the luxury of debating the best way to attack inflation.
Yeah, people struggling dont got no time to be thinkin bout no prices!
That sounds really dumb.
"People"?

Old 08-04-2022, 06:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yeah, people struggling dont got no time to be thinkin bout no prices!
That sounds really dumb.
"People"?
You twisted what I said to suit your narrative.

They are acutely aware of rising prices and how they are working harder.

The maybe don't have the time to be sitting in front of their couch watching Fox, MSNBC, CNN and all the discussions and they aren't on city data discussing it all.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:18 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
I thought it was white privilege to not worry about inflation and gas prices? You know ... from being so rich and white and carefree and privileged? I'm so confused.
That was my first thought. Just how effing stupid was that person to say that.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
I thought it was white privilege to not worry about inflation and gas prices? You know ... from being so rich and white and carefree and privileged? I'm so confused.
So this person contradicted someone else's idea. Funnyt how that happens.

But in most times, lower income families strugglingt o stay afloat do not have the same time/privilege to debate, discuss what should or shouldn't be done. They are struggling to get by.

It's not suggesting they are less than -- it is suggesting they are as important, maybe even more so.

I don't know who this tv show host is...but it is obvious some of you feel she is someone we need to listen to. I don't know why.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:24 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,765,554 times
Quote:
You twisted what I said to suit your narrative.

They are acutely aware of rising prices and how they are working harder.

The maybe don't have the time to be sitting in front of their couch watching Fox, MSNBC, CNN and all the discussions and they aren't on city data discussing it all.
How do you know what THEY are doing on their free time?

Maybe THEY don't have time to read either? Or go to school? THEY just don't have time to think about anything other than going to and from their 3 jobs?

This is all stupid race baiting nonsense being spewed by the MSM media and you're on here trying to back them up with illogic reasoning.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:27 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Then I'm proud to claim the title of WHITE PRIVILEGE

Old 08-04-2022, 06:31 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,765,554 times
Quote:
Meh -- delivery is bad and she was overly dramatic.

But I suspect if you ask the person working two jobs to stay afloat what they think of interest rates rising or gas reserves being released they will roll their eyes and tell you they don't hve time to discuss it.

That's her point.

People who are struggling to survive don't have the luxury of debating the best way to attack inflation.
You sure about that? Watch the video. LOL

Record-high gas prices hurting people of color and those in low-income communities more than others
https://youtu.be/LUhn8kcX8ug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies