Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 06:38 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,919,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
^^THIS. Sure, there are wrongs from all sides, but the Trump/Rightest seem desperate to make themselves blind to what their own side does. They can't call them out, they just deflect to what the left is doing.

Have some integrity. Feel free to bash the left for the many things they do wrong, but do it in context. When your team gets called out, either admit it, or give some objective facts that give another picture. "Someone else did something wrong" is in no way relevant. It's what children do to try to get out of trouble with mommy and daddy.
The discussion is about moving covid money to relief money.

The irony of complaining about deflecting and you do the exact same thing in your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
It was true until the SCOTUS became an activist court, stacked by the right, by illegally denying Obama his court appointments.
No it never ever was and you have no proof none. Please do not discuss rights because you have no clue what a right is and you just proved it. 1+1 does not equal 17 either.

Quote:
BTW, nice deflection. Once again, showing you can't refute the ACTUAL points, so you have to change the subject to something that fits your agenda.
BTW Horrible job when it comes to caring about the truth. And my posts prove your made up statement is just that.

Quote:
Amazing you guys blame everyone for that which you are the experts at.
Amazing how you guys make something up that has already been refuted by previous posts.

Start caring about the truth. Can you try?

Old 08-11-2022, 06:46 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The discussion is about moving covid money to relief money.

The irony of complaining about deflecting and you do the exact same thing in your post.
I try to acknowledge in my posts that it's both sides. Especially if I am going to make a comparison, or a metaphor using a different example.

My point is that it seems that the Trump base, and the far right in general are AFRAID to even acknowledge any flaws in their leaders, or different ideas. As an example (not a distraction), they are AFRAID of Muslims, and try to vilify them, but fail to acknowledge the crimes that have been done in the name of Christianity. They are AFRAID that Obama might acknowledge some of the wrongs the USA has done to contribute (not cause) some of the problems in the Middle East, but have no problem with Trump getting on the international stage and siding with Putin over his own FBI. If you call them out about it, they respond with the lies about Obama's "apology tour".

My point is solid, and it INCLUDES the fact that the left is also pretty horrible too. Just once, I'd like your side to admit the same about the GOP, and admit that they know Trump manipulates the truth and exploits loopholes just to further their agenda.

In this case, as it applies to this topic, I think it's absolutely fair game to call out Rand Paul on this, after the things he's said to the contrary. If you support him, you SHOULD want him to do better. I know I sure as hell wish Biden would do better, and I have no problem saying it, or typing it. Why are you so afraid to even admit that your leader is not flawless. Flaws are human, you don't have to be afraid to admit it.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:48 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No it never ever was and you have no proof none. Please do not discuss rights because you have no clue what a right is and you just proved it. 1+1 does not equal 17 either.
Sorry, but the SCOTUS upheld that right for nearly 50 years. It may not be a right today (it isn't anymore), but the FACT is that Roe v Wade upheld that right until this year.

Your wishes have nothing to do with what actually happened.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I try to acknowledge in my posts that it's both sides. Especially if I am going to make a comparison, or a metaphor using a different example.

My point is that it seems that the Trump base, and the far right in general are AFRAID to even acknowledge any flaws in their leaders, or different ideas. As an example (not a distraction), they are AFRAID of Muslims, and try to vilify them, but fail to acknowledge the crimes that have been done in the name of Christianity. They are AFRAID that Obama might acknowledge some of the wrongs the USA has done to contribute (not cause) some of the problems in the Middle East, but have no problem with Trump getting on the international stage and siding with Putin over his own FBI. If you call them out about it, they respond with the lies about Obama's "apology tour".
It is a rare occurrence that partisans call out their leaders. Making it one sided is dishonest.
MAGA boos Trump when he goes pro vaccine. Ever hear a democrat President get booed by democrats?

btw The FBI is corrupt. It has been from day one when Woodrow Wilson used them to go after those who opposed him.

Quote:
My point is solid, and it INCLUDES the fact that the left is also pretty horrible too. Just once, I'd like your side to admit the same about the GOP, and admit that they know Trump manipulates the truth and exploits loopholes just to further their agenda.
You should take you head out of the sand and listen to conservatives from time to time. Since you don't, you won't hear them complain about Trump.

Quote:
In this case, as it applies to this topic, I think it's absolutely fair game to call out Rand Paul on this, after the things he's said to the contrary.
He hasn't said things to the contrary and you have no proof. None.
The problem, is people like you making things up.

Quote:
If you support him, you SHOULD want him to do better. I know I sure as hell wish Biden would do better, and I have no problem saying it, or typing it. Why are you so afraid to even admit that your leader is not flawless. Flaws are human, you don't have to be afraid to admit it.
Although I defended Trump, I never would vote for Trump for the same 3 reasons I would never vote for Biden. They are the same 3 reasons I'd vote for Rand Paul.

Now lets try this again in hopes you care about the truth.

Rand Paul has never, ever been against relief aid and you cannot provide proof otherwise. If so provide everyone here with that proof.

What he has been against, and what has been pointed out in this thread multiple times, he's against increased spending. Take money that has been allocated elsewhere. Like the un Constitutional use of Americans money for foreign aid, and use it for Americans. Of the billions we've sent to Ukraine. Money that could be spent here. He's not only consistent, he's right.

Spin away.

Old 08-11-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but the SCOTUS upheld that right for nearly 50 years. It may not be a right today (it isn't anymore), but the FACT is that Roe v Wade upheld that right until this year.
Sorry it wasn't a right and you have no proof. They said it was implied.

Quote:
Your wishes have nothing to do with what actually happened.
Your lack of education has everything to do with your lack of understanding reality.

Again Rand Paul has never, ever been against relief. He has been against increased spending. Every time this comes up, he votes the same way and you have no proof otherwise. Every time the discussion comes up about increased relief he says the same thing and you have no proof otherwise.

Instead the context is purposely lost by those who use underhanded tactics because they don't have a leg to stand on.

It's okay to be wrong from time to time. Conversations with knowledgeable people will help you come to an informed conclusion.
What isn't okay is the purposeful spreading of misinformation. It's absolutely repulsive.

Old 08-11-2022, 02:58 PM

25,942 posts, read 12,960,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
It’s hypocritical because there is this thing called a voting record and on his record he has voted against relief when disasters strike other states.

https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-o...-1658537?amp=1
1) He voted down disaster funds for other states because those bills were also stuffed with Pork that had nothing to do with disaster relief.

2) The Covid relief cash has already been approved, & covid is no longer a national emergency, so he is asking for sone of the money to be re-allocated.

3) There is no way for the money already approved to be spent, can be unspent, and put back into the treasury.

4) His state was hit by a natural disaster, & he's trying to help his state by using excess funds that are sitting around unused.

5) Rand Paul is 1 of only 2 in Congress that repeatedly votes down wreckless deficit spending...nearly every time. Only out out of 535 in Congress that does so.

Old 08-11-2022, 03:00 PM

25,942 posts, read 12,960,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
It’s hypocritical because there is this thing called a voting record and on his record he has voted against relief when disasters strike other states.

https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-o...-1658537?amp=1
1) He voted down disaster funds for other states because those bills were also stuffed with Pork that had nothing to do with disaster relief.

2) The Covid relief cash has already been approved, & covid is no longer a national emergency, so he is asking for some of the money to be re-allocated.

3) There is no way for the money already approved to be spent, can be unspent, and put back into the treasury.

4) His state was hit by a natural disaster, & he's trying to help his state by using excess funds that are sitting around unused.

5) Rand Paul is 1 of only 2 in Congress, that repeatedly votes down wreckless deficit spending...nearly every time.

Old 08-11-2022, 03:45 PM

6,412 posts, read 2,736,061 times
Quote:

In this case, as it applies to this topic, I think it's absolutely fair game to call out Rand Paul on this, after the things he's said to the contrary. If you support him, you SHOULD want him to do better. I know I sure as hell wish Biden would do better, and I have no problem saying it, or typing it. Why are you so afraid to even admit that your leader is not flawless. Flaws are human, you don't have to be afraid to admit it.
Only on CD can we see a thread about Senator Paul wanting to divert funds from COVID relief to other Disaster Relief and have someone make a comment that Conservatives are afraid of Muslims....

Anyways..if in your mind Rand Paul is being a hypocrite in saying he wants to use already allocated and excess funds from COVID for another Disaster. What should he do differently?

Old 08-11-2022, 11:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,957,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Only on CD can we see a thread about Senator Paul wanting to divert funds from COVID relief to other Disaster Relief and have someone make a comment that Conservatives are afraid of Muslims....

Anyways..if in your mind Rand Paul is being a hypocrite in saying he wants to use already allocated and excess funds from COVID for another Disaster. What should he do differently?
Oh I don't know, fought harder during the COVID bills for funding to not be as narrow. I've seen it in my current home state where the governor has gotten into hot water because of how he would like to spend COVID monies allocated to the state. And that wasn't even disaster related but either for school vouchers for parents to choose not to go to schools with mask mandates (something that last year wasn't the case) or the rainy day fund the Republicans in Arizona love to talk up.

The fact is Paul is an opportunist when it comes to when he chooses to grandstand and fight for allocation of monies for relief. It happened with the burn pits (though he wasn't as vocal that time.) It happened with COVID funding. It happened with the 9/11 heroes bill. It happened with the 2017 Gulf Coast hurricane relief. It happened with SuperStorm Sandy relief. The only time he seemingly is not is when his own state got a disaster? Gimme a break...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies