Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think speakers like Rushdie should
Keep speaking their mind 68 98.55%
Stop speaking since they are attacking a defined religion 0 0%
The attacker should be released because of bail reform? 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 06:09 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I havent been hearing much about the attacker, has anyone else? Did a few searches without much.

One can only surmise that it's not a white middle aged white maga supporter.

Probably a member of ne of the protected class.

Muslim radical is probably to blame for this.

Old 08-13-2022, 06:13 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I havent been hearing much about the attacker, has anyone else? Did a few searches without much.

One can only surmise that it's not a white middle aged white maga supporter.

Probably a member of ne of the protected class.

Muslim radical is probably to blame for this.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/author-sal...ry?id=88296873

Quote:
Law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation told ABC News that "a preliminary investigation into the suspected perpetrator's probable social media presence indicates a likely adherence or sympathy towards Shi'a extremism and sympathies to the Iranian regime/Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps."

The officials say investigators found photos on Matar's phone of Iranian Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the leader of Iraq's pro-Iranian militia movement, who were killed by U.S. forces in a drone strike in Baghdad on Jan. 3, 2020.

Old 08-13-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Thanks, figured as much. White man it would have been front and center, non white, it gets a bit obscured.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:08 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
Let's be honest, members of the West have been assassinating Iranian scientist and military leaders f or years now. We can't play this "I can kill you, but you can't retaliate game," just because we believe our acts are somehow righteous. That's not how the world works.
Are you serious?

You don't see a difference between killing military targets and scientists creating nuclear weapons vs killing civilians who say insulting things about Muhammad?

I'm not saying I would like it if they killed one of our generals, but if that were the case, at least you would have a point. But in this case, what you are saying is just nuts.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
Let's be honest, members of the West have been assassinating Iranian scientist and military leaders f or years now. We can't play this "I can kill you, but you can't retaliate game," just because we believe our acts are somehow righteous. That's not how the world works.
It sounds like you want to felate our enemies, if so hit the bricks. Jeezus, we're living in a world were people mean us harm and we've got this candy ass wimpy drivel.

Learn mandarin folks, our future leaders are putting their asses in the air.

Bunch of bottoms are running our country.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:04 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Not a recent one, but yes, he’s from Afghanistan. He is a Sunni and the men who were killed were Shia. Seems like it was some type of interpersonal thing.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/10/11167...suspect-arrest
What a shock. Same thing happened in Tucson in the early 90s at a Mosque there. Of course Democrats are pissed that it wasn't a Christian, White, and male, to perpetuate their "White Rage" story line the like to push

Old 08-13-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
What a shock. Same thing happened in Tucson in the early 90s at a Mosque there. Of course Democrats are pissed that it wasn't a Christian, White, and male, to perpetuate their "White Rage" story line the like to push
You can almost hear the collective boners being poped if it were a white man.

Lol, it's palatable.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I was watching MSNBC report this. They no kidding, with a straight face, stated the following, “ They arrested Rushdie’s assailant but the motive is unclear.”

I mean, other than his social media ties to the IRGC and Shia Militias, plus his sympathy for Gen Soleimani, the motive is unclear, right?

Man, I hate liberals.
Hearing this kind of shet that Liberals support does the same to me. On the other hand, "are they really Liberal ?" if they support the Ayatollahs?

Old 08-13-2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You can almost hear the collective boners being poped if it were a white man.

Lol, it's palatable.
Especially Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow, and the likes of the Squad. They always gleefully revel in a good "white man evil" story.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:25 PM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
Unlike liberals who are trying to censor everyone who doesn’t agree with them, the man should have a right to speak whatever he feels and or believes in because this is America. Plain and simple. Now I have a right also to disagree with him or call him out on BS, but he should have a right to say whatever he wants. And so should everyone of us. But that’s not what’s happening today in America. People are being silenced left and right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies