Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 05:49 AM

11,935 posts, read 6,251,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
What's the "controversy?" I don't understand what's going on here.
All discussions related to homosexuality are inherently controversial, especially as relates to the Christian viewpoint toward it.

Old 11-24-2022, 08:59 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,174,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
All discussions related to homosexuality are inherently controversial, especially as relates to the Christian viewpoint toward it.
Or, maybe that she wishes not to have a viewpoint on it by not viewing it at all and concentrating on Christian family values of Traditional marriages. Value that are based on God's true words and not those of the caved in woke religions of churches who are doing it solely for the numbers and the money.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Her christian values and idea of traditional marriage means to be servient to a husband which she has made known. I think everyone has different interpretations of being a christian. As a catholic, I accept everyone for who they are because who am I to judge others. This is what we were taught. Using religion to be prejudiced is not christ's teaching
Christ does teach us, "to love the person, but hate the sin". Religion is mans way to interpret the Bible in his own way to suit his on purpose. To be "Christian " is except all that Christ teachs us, as the word of God, not man's Traditional marriages are foe God's children to be fruitful, to multiply and to treach our children how to be good hardworking God loving citizens.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:47 AM

26,121 posts, read 19,072,960 times
I'd never heard of her until now. Looked her up on Wiki. She seems accomplished and is certainly attractive (are we allowed to say that anymore?). I suppose she is a rarity these days because she has the courage to stick to her values in a world that seeks to destroy anyone who has "traditional" values. Good for her.

Seems she may share this philosophy: a sinner is not evil. A sinner who seeks to champion sin is.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:53 AM

47,040 posts, read 26,150,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Christ does teach us, "to love the person, but hate the sin". Religion is mans way to interpret the Bible in his own way to suit his on purpose. To be "Christian " is except all that Christ teachs us, as the word of God, not man's Traditional marriages are foe God's children to be fruitful, to multiply and to treach our children how to be good hardworking God loving citizens.
Nudge my memory - what did the Carpenter's Son actually say on the subject of same-sex couples?

Old 11-24-2022, 10:03 AM

19,291 posts, read 16,818,329 times
Some other actress was outraged by Cameron's declaration about the type of movies she'll make and what she believes in. This other actress said she'll never speak to Cameron again. I got a giggle out of that because I don't think Cameron will lose sleep over it. She does her thing. She makes movies, dabbles in directing and enjoys her life with her hockey player hubby and her kids. I think the Hallmark Channel regrets or will regret letting her go, though. She brought in the bucks with her Aurora Teagarden Mysteries movies.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nudge my memory - what did the Carpenter's Son actually say on the subject of same-sex couples?
You mean , "The one and only True Living God's Son, "our Lord Jesus Christ "?
I dont recall that ever being mentioned by Christ other than, " love the people but hate the sin".

Last edited by EarthBound?; 11-24-2022 at 10:27 AM..

Old 11-24-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'd never heard of her until now. Looked her up on Wiki. She seems accomplished and is certainly attractive (are we allowed to say that anymore?). I suppose she is a rarity these days because she has the courage to stick to her values in a world that seeks to destroy anyone who has "traditional" values. Good for her.

Seems she may share this philosophy: a sinner is not evil. A sinner who seeks to champion sin is.
You're right on all accounts. And its hard to even find a church that holds to the true teachings of Jesus these days. Let alone finding an actress that stands their ground for God's word.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Some other actress was outraged by Cameron's declaration about the type of movies she'll make and what she believes in. This other actress said she'll never speak to Cameron again. I got a giggle out of that because I don't think Cameron will lose sleep over it. She does her thing. She makes movies, dabbles in directing and enjoys her life with her hockey player hubby and her kids. I think the Hallmark Channel regrets or will regret letting her go, though. She brought in the bucks with her Aurora Teagarden Mysteries movies.
Like Disney, "when you go woke, ya go broke". I may only be one person, but I'll never watch anything new made by Disney ever again.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:30 AM

2,438 posts, read 3,006,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Christ does teach us, "to love the person, but hate the sin"
Actually, Christ does not teach this and it's not from the bible. I think she is very judgmental and self-righteous and I also think she is very calculating and self-serving in using Christianity to advance her career. But it works for her and by being so controversial, she brings attention to the new network. Any publicity is good publicity, right? It got us talking about her here and that's something. Who knows what's really in her heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies