Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 02:52 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times

Advertisements

Sometimes a liberal has to have first hand experience before they take the blinders off and can see the truth. We've had a slew of telephone scams happening in our area where someone calls up an elderly person and pretends to be a grandson who needs money from grandma and grandpa. So many are conned. Last week the scam happened again but this couple went along with it and called the police after telling the scammers they could come and pick up the money for their "grandson". Cops arrested 2 illegals from India - both with NY State drivers licenses ( one of the latest perks illegals get here in NY) but no SS card. These guys were actually happy to be put in jail as one said now we have medical.

My 2 cents - no jail no lawyers no trial - buy a one way ticket back to India and put them on the no fly list. It'd be cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 03:06 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Maybe he's making a point, is what I'm saying.

So here's a recent thing. My city, Austin, was hit with a horrid ice storm a couple weeks ago, and SO MUCH of our green canopy is broken limbs either on the ground, or hanging up in the air, called "widow makers". It's awful. Broken trees on the ground, broken dangerous trees in the air threatening to fall on people and kill them.

You know who's driving around in a truck hauling a makeshift trailer and chainsaws? And wood chippers?
Mexican men, who don't speak much English. For cash. 500, 1000, 1500 bucks they'll take care of your problem.

The city? You can call and schedule a pick up, weeks or even months out.

This country was built on people who wanted to better their lives, and were willing to work HARD, even 7 days a week sun up to sun down.

And it sounds like New York City, Ellis Island, is still open to welcome them.

Myself, I'm really hoping Jose comes back tomorrow to haul off more downed trees. This crew came from Houston, and they're sleeping in their trucks between working really hard for $$$.
What happens when one of those illegals gets injured or killed on your property while doing their cheap work for you?

What happens if they screw up your house or your yard or your car (if you have one)?

That 'cheap work' won't be worth it.

Why can't you hire Americans to do the job? There's plenty out there. Because you want cheap labor. That is not a good excuse to support illegal aliens flooding this country and taking jobs away from American citizens.

You are spitting on your fellow Americans, especially homeless people, when you continue to give Jose your business.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:48 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Eric Adams now says that they are planning to spend 4.2 billion dollars on migrants and the amount is expected to grow even larger.

I guess the 4.2 billion is a little down-payment for the Big Apple on these "migrants".

I hope that Republican governors Abbott and DeSantis can send more buses and cause that amount to "expected to grow even larger" become larger than Democrat Eric Adams can ever dream of.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/10/nycs-p...ach-4-billion/
Migrants? NO

Illegal aliens? YES

Old 02-12-2023, 04:56 AM

7,333 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What happens when one of those illegals gets injured or killed on your property while doing their cheap work for you?

What happens if they screw up your house or your yard or your car (if you have one)?

That 'cheap work' won't be worth it.

Why can't you hire Americans to do the job? There's plenty out there. Because you want cheap labor. That is not a good excuse to support illegal aliens flooding this country and taking jobs away from American citizens.

You are spitting on your fellow Americans, especially homeless people, when you continue to give Jose your business.
where i live in a mostly homogeneous rural part of TN, the tree guys, laborers, etc are all white men. but when i lived in NJ, was told that south americans were needed to do the work americans didn’t want to do.

i was talking to an american guy who fixed septic tank issues which can involve climbing into the tank. i asked him how he felt about it, and he said “it puts food on the table†i guess no one is above food.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:59 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Maybe he's making a point, is what I'm saying.

So here's a recent thing. My city, Austin, was hit with a horrid ice storm a couple weeks ago, and SO MUCH of our green canopy is broken limbs either on the ground, or hanging up in the air, called "widow makers". It's awful. Broken trees on the ground, broken dangerous trees in the air threatening to fall on people and kill them.

You know who's driving around in a truck hauling a makeshift trailer and chainsaws? And wood chippers?
Mexican men, who don't speak much English. For cash. 500, 1000, 1500 bucks they'll take care of your problem.

The city? You can call and schedule a pick up, weeks or even months out.

This country was built on people who wanted to better their lives, and were willing to work HARD, even 7 days a week sun up to sun down.

And it sounds like New York City, Ellis Island, is still open to welcome them.

Myself, I'm really hoping Jose comes back tomorrow to haul off more downed trees. This crew came from Houston, and they're sleeping in their trucks between working really hard for $$$.
This is why we need to reform and repair our LEGAL IMMIGRATION system.
If we need more laborers, we should be able to get green cards for LEGAL immigrants in an efficient and secure way. No one talks about reforming our legal immigration system which is a slogging mess right now.

Old 02-12-2023, 05:59 AM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Um, yeah, no.

No one's turning him in.

It appears you live in the upper northeast.

You'll likely get this dynamic soon, with Republican governors shipping cheap labor from the south to your direction.

You'll get it. Just as every wave of immigrants, coming to the promise of America, has gotten it for hundreds of years.
You deflected from the point that those laborers you spoke of were more than likely illegal aliens. Why? They aren't plain ole immigrants so why are you blurring those lines? That's not the way you come to America nor was it the way that the early immigrants came here.

The Republicans didn't send these people to Democrat states to provide them with cheap labor. They shipped them there because they take jobs from Americans and are a tax burden to their states.

Have you examined your conscience lately?

Old 02-12-2023, 06:04 AM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I'm talking about guys with ladders and chainsaws and muscles, who are willing to drive through the neighborhoods and do the job.

They're not looking for welfare, as many of our citizens are, they're looking to work and get paid for what they accomplish.
Why would they do that? Why don't they get a job working for a contractor and paying income taxes? It's because they are here illegally that's why! That doesn't matter to you?

One anchor baby and they can get welfare though them and many of them do. They cost us over $100 billion a year overall. Why doesn't that matter to you?

Old 02-12-2023, 06:06 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
New York will now atract even more mirgrants, once the word spreads.

Fine by me...the less penniless illegals who can't speak English, here in FLA, the better.

FLA just passed laws allowing more to be shipped North, so we'll be bussing them to NY en masse....maybe start using Amtrak to move more of them than can be moved on busses.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 02-12-2023 at 07:00 AM..

Old 02-12-2023, 06:10 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
That's only $500 for every man, women, and child in New York City. I'm sure they'll be lining up to contribute their share. More likely, they can't do math or think the money will come from the magic money tree. Or whine about the rich not paying for their fair share. Or some equally irrational liberal talking point.

Old 02-12-2023, 06:33 AM

614 posts, read 340,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Where is Eric Adams even getting this money?
Everyone knows how rich and generous the TAX payers of New York are. New York TAX payers are willing to handover whatever amount is necessary. I see signs all over New York pleading for higher taxes, you know, all those Blue signs during election time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies