Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 04:19 PM

5,121 posts, read 2,069,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Prediction is that this will do nothing to stop the carnage in the Black neighborhoods of Chicago. Why don't they crack down there on Illegal Guns first?
I won't be surprised if, and it's a big "if", some benefit from the sales of illegal guns on the black market like in the past, the ex-senator Leland Yee an anti-gun activist who got some profits from gun smuggling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 04:21 PM

6,165 posts, read 2,780,428 times
I'm sure the countless criminals/thugs in Chicago will be happy to know it will be harder for lawful citizens to protect themselves.

Old 05-17-2023, 04:28 PM

35,786 posts, read 21,170,132 times
Some one wrote this:
My kid some times like to play outside, and as boys some times get carried away on an occasion he hit his friend with a stick. I of course stopped him, and reprimanded him.
I know of course, it’s not the sticks fault, but I take it away anyways.

Old 05-17-2023, 04:29 PM

26,052 posts, read 22,254,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Illinois bans assault weapons

Good.
Yes, great! Law-abiding citizens will be disarmed, so crime can continue to grow in Chicago. I suspect the city is run by crime bosses anyway. Big win for crime in Chicago. Gee, when I was growing up as a kid on the other side of Lake Michigan, crime was horrible, but I am sure this will reserve the decades (centuries?) of crime in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I'm sure the countless criminals/thugs in Chicago will be happy to know it will be harder for lawful citizens to protect themselves.
Illegal gun trade will boom, which will also be good for the criminals in Chicago. With all the illegals/fake asylum seekers, anyone wanting a weapon of any sort should be able to place an order and have it come from the southern border to their front doorstep.

I hope this is challenged soon. It just appears the liberal cities just have so much trouble with crime, maybe it isn't the guns, but the people that reside there.

Remember: "Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile."

Old 05-17-2023, 04:54 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,417,713 times
It doesn't matter. The guy with the "assault weapon" will be out on cashless bail the same day anyway. I am not a gun nut but this should be obvious.

Old 05-17-2023, 05:47 PM

23,635 posts, read 17,318,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Illinois bans assault weapons

Good.
Do you even know how IL legally defines an assault weapon?

Each state has its own definition.

Perhaps IL thinks the guys who do all the killing will surrender any 'ASSAULT" weapons they may have purchased from the financial rewards of an open border and drug sales, compliment of Biden. Maybe some of the guns Holder sold to the drug cartels will show up...again!

Feds banned assault weapons and found it had ZERO impact on shootings. So the ban was dropped. IL is saying we must make it look like we are doing something even though more innocent lives will be lost.

Insanity by IL is supported by the oblivious.

Old 05-17-2023, 06:05 PM

27,240 posts, read 15,408,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Sorry to repeat myself but the old thread is closed.

'Supreme Court refuses to block Illinois assault weapons ban

The ban will stay in effect while it is being challenged in state and federal court '

So the outcome of litigation is not as certain as some thought?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2340740.html
SCOTUS allowing it to run it's course.

Old 05-17-2023, 06:36 PM

5,980 posts, read 2,796,507 times
Y'know, Mexico has banned almost all types of guns.

And there's absolutely no gun violence there at all. Perfectly safe.

Old 05-17-2023, 06:58 PM

35,786 posts, read 21,170,132 times
New Mexico has a shooting (sigh) 3 killed - 9 wounded -100 rounds fired - lucky 3 Leo’s were close by and cut this guy down. Nobody’s even talking about it because it’s the new normal-

Old 05-18-2023, 01:53 AM

37,281 posts, read 19,296,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So they are no longer part of the US? Or are they just purposely violating the US Constitution? I say kick their asses out of the union until they can comply with the US Con.
You need to reread the Heller Decision. The ban is entirely constitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies