Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 10:30 PM

10,486 posts, read 7,019,483 times

Advertisements

June 1st as like in the past few years businesses and corporations will cover their logos with rainbows and stuff pride into their messaging to the customer/consumer. Will this effect your spending with the business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2023, 10:33 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
June 1st as like in the past few years businesses and corporations will cover their logos with rainbows and stuff pride into their messaging and your face. Will this effect your spending habbit with the business?
That doesn't bother me. What people do in the privacy of their bedroom is not my concern. If the business wants to encourage that market segment to shop there, that's their choice of marketing.

Now if they promote perversion like Target, that is something else entirely.

Old 05-30-2023, 10:42 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times
I live in the most LGBT-friendly neighborhood of one of the most LGBT-friendly cities in the country. Every place around here has rainbow flags and all that year round, and it has never in any way negatively affected me, a regular straight dude. I'm perfectly welcomed there. (Unlike they might be in conservative hick towns.)

Old 05-30-2023, 10:48 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
June 1st as like in the past few years businesses and corporations will cover their logos with rainbows and stuff pride into their messaging to the customer/consumer. Will this effect your spending with the business?
Don't care unless they push it to kids. Go be gay don't care. But in the case of target and kholes ...they seem to be keenly focused on kids. So they can get boycotted.

Old 05-30-2023, 10:50 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
I'm usually fine with some gay clothing here and there. Even some Trans stuff doesnt really bother me. Hell, it took me 6 month to realize my corner bar had Rainbow flags all over. Didnt bother me. But, with all of the pushing of Hormone treatments on children as low as 8 years old and the surgery that will most likely follow at 18, I really don't want to see any of it now, considering that all LGBT community supports it.

Old 05-30-2023, 10:53 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I live in the most LGBT-friendly neighborhood of one of the most LGBT-friendly cities in the country. Every place around here has rainbow flags and all that year round, and it has never in any way negatively affected me, a regular straight dude. I'm perfectly welcomed there. (Unlike they might be in conservative hick towns.)
Fine here too, until they start talking about removing a perfectly healthy penis, Vagina, or breast. It's like sexual mutilation is horrible when Muslims do it in North Africa, but it they do it as a sex change, then it's fine

Old 05-30-2023, 11:00 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Fine here too, until they start talking about removing a perfectly healthy penis, Vagina, or breast. It's like sexual mutilation is horrible when Muslims do it in North Africa, but it they do it as a sex change, then it's fine
Are they removing your vagina? If not, then what's the problem?

What other people do with their bodies, what they're into sexually, what clothes they wear, etc.- all that stuff is their business, and not mine.

What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?

Old 05-30-2023, 11:04 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
Don't care unless they push it to kids. Go be gay don't care. But in the case of target and kholes ...they seem to be keenly focused on kids. So they can get boycotted.
No one can be pushed into being gay. Thats just not reality. You are born the way you are. But they are being pushed into being heterosexual even if they aren’t…because this is what is expected from them.

Old 05-30-2023, 11:32 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
No. It has no impact whatsoever on my spending habits. Typically, I buy from small businesses that have no political agenda. They don't even decorate the stores for the traditional holidays typically. I also buy a lot online. If they have some sort of ideology to push, than I am oblivious to it.

While I feel politics and business should be kept separate (they mix like water and oil) I am not going to avoid a business just for celebrating pride month.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:26 AM

6,825 posts, read 14,043,433 times
It does not effect me in any way. I have been around gay people my entire 60 years of life and I have only known one trans person by first name. Why should I care what a store does for it's bottom line. If they have something I need or want I will purchase it. If you don't want a pride T-shirt do what millions of folks do every year and not buy it. Same goes for books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies