Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 12:57 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The complainers are the ones claiming "shoving", not the actual people supporting it. And the complainers go out of their way to find things to get offended by, so they can then rant and scream before everyone, because that's how they get their twisted kicks.

Thankfully you (and I) don't do that, so aren't impacted. The solution is a very simple approach. But we can't change the anti-freedom loonies.
Here's the thing. I really don't think the "pride" thing would be too big of a deal for most, if, it didn't seem to be targeting children. There was a video that was posted of a "pride" section in Target that had children's clothes. And judging from the size of the shirt that was held up, it looked like a 10 year old's size. Now, I don't claim to know a lot of gay people, but the two women I'm close with didn't really come out until after they were out of high school, one was well into her twenties.

A 10 year old wearing a "gay pride" shirt has someone in their lives that is pushing this agenda. Then there was the whole tuckable bathing suit that was talked about here, I'm not sure if these were children's bathing suits or adults, but if they were children's ....that is a bit disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 01:05 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
Beats me, why don't you go and organize that stuff?
Ive got no agenda.

Old 05-31-2023, 01:12 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Here's the thing. I really don't think the "pride" thing would be too big of a deal for most, if, it didn't seem to be targeting children. There was a video that was posted of a "pride" section in Target that had children's clothes. And judging from the size of the shirt that was held up, it looked like a 10 year old's size. Now, I don't claim to know a lot of gay people, but the two women I'm close with didn't really come out until after they were out of high school, one was well into her twenties.

A 10 year old wearing a "gay pride" shirt has someone in their lives that is pushing this agenda. Then there was the whole tuckable bathing suit that was talked about here, I'm not sure if these were children's bathing suits or adults, but if they were children's ....that is a bit disturbing.
Exactly what I was talking about.

"Twilight star Rachelle Lefevre hit back at the hateful comments she received online after revealing she can no longer take her non-binary seven-year-old to Target after it moved its Pride collection to the back of stores."

non-binary 7 year old ? GTFO of here with that...this is on her all the way.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video...1767267421.mp4

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ld-Target.html

Old 05-31-2023, 01:15 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I live in the most LGBT-friendly neighborhood of one of the most LGBT-friendly cities in the country. Every place around here has rainbow flags and all that year round, and it has never in any way negatively affected me, a regular straight dude. I'm perfectly welcomed there. (Unlike they might be in conservative hick towns.)
Uh huh. Yeah. You betcha. Guess what? I live in one of what you call a "conservative 'hick' town. Another guess what? I would not trade that for some deep blue neo Dem rainbow adorned urban cesspool such as where you describe for a boatload of hard cash. You honestly believe that folks like me are "hicks" aye?

I thought all those tolerant hand wringing college educated idiots were all about peace love and groovy and accepting folks for who and what they are on ..what's the word,,,equal is it? terms. Hicks. Yeah the temptation to use vulgar and demeaning terms in kind is ...rather large and forceful in the front of my mind. However I will just chock up the use of that term (a term I find OFFENSIVE) to blatant and willfully cultivated ignorance and blind hatred. Yeah. It seems the neo lib progressive types have a bit of a KKK complex of their own.

They insult demean lie and use offensive language and words just as much as any other hate group. Yes they hate with zeal it seems. Just like that which they claim is the root of all evil...we smalltown conservative folks. Us HICKS ya know. And anyone who uses that term with me in the real world is not going to like what happens next. Using such language in an absolutism ( we 'hicks' can use multi syllable words! how bout that) has me believing the leftists have become what they claim to hate.

At any rate this small rural valley where I live does not promote or encourage in any way being openly and willfully ignorant about peoples choice of lifestyle. Just because that rainbow rag isn't flying all over the place doesn't mean we burn crosses at night and watch old Hitler speeches. Be very very careful where you tread with that attitude pard. We hicks just tend to mind our own business with who sleeps with who and we all just get along.

How bout that. That being said there are some parts of the alphabet acronym that we would not tolerate in public here. We don't allow drag shows in our grammar school the school staff does not try and make our kids believe there is no such thing as boys and girls we have no trannies in school athletics trying to compete as a gender they are not etc etc etc. Yeah . because we really love our kids. They are not used as a political weapon like neolibproggs are wont to do with kids in the urban binlo ditches they live in. And the "pride" flag isn't flying anywhere the general public has to see it. If that makes us "hicks" to the neo left well so be it.

Just don't come to our valley and try to cram the alphabet acronym down our gullets by screaming and carrying on calling us hicks and things will be just fine thank you.

Old 05-31-2023, 01:55 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times
Quote:

You are quite correct. This is more than just pushing an agenda, it is grooming. And it seems like a lot of the Left in this thread is cool with grooming and mutilating children.

Quote:
Exactly what I was talking about.

"Twilight star Rachelle Lefevre hit back at the hateful comments she received online after revealing she can no longer take her non-binary seven-year-old to Target after it moved its Pride collection to the back of stores."

non-binary 7 year old ? GTFO of here with that...this is on her all the way.
Yep, and she is so triggered that the Pride collection got moved to where it wasn't up in our faces, now she can't even go there. Seems like shoving it in our faces is part of what she (and a lot of the Leftists on here) are all about.

Old 05-31-2023, 02:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
You are quite correct. This is more than just pushing an agenda, it is grooming. And it seems like a lot of the Left in this thread is cool with grooming and mutilating children.

Yep, and she is so triggered that the Pride collection got moved to where it wasn't up in our faces, now she can't even go there. Seems like shoving it in our faces is part of what she (and a lot of the Leftists on here) are all about.
according to this MSDNC scumbag, boycotting these stores is 'literally terrorism'

https://www.newsweek.com/target-boyc...nomist-1802961

Old 05-31-2023, 02:29 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Ive got no agenda.
Everyone has an agenda. You, me, your best friend, everyone.

Old 05-31-2023, 03:14 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Are they removing your vagina? If not, then what's the problem?

What other people do with their bodies, what they're into sexually, what clothes they wear, etc.- all that stuff is their business, and not mine.

What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?
They never haver believed that...

Old 05-31-2023, 03:43 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,177,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
Indigenous Peoples' month is November: https://www.nativeamericanheritagemonth.gov/

Asian Pacific American Heritage month is May: https://www.asianpacificheritage.gov/

Women's history month is March: https://www.womenshistorymonth.gov/
And yet, unlike "Pride" month, you rarely hear of this! Why is that?

Old 05-31-2023, 03:51 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
As long as they aren't trying to use the pride stuff to pervert kids, it doesn't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies