Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 12:25 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
Indigenous Peoples' month is November: https://www.nativeamericanheritagemonth.gov/

Asian Pacific American Heritage month is May: https://www.asianpacificheritage.gov/

Women's history month is March: https://www.womenshistorymonth.gov/
Yeah, wheres all the jumping up and down waving arms, merchandise, displays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 12:27 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That wouldn’t be a problem for me.

But if I walk into a store and immediately see rainbow stuff everywhere, then I’m turning around and heading back out the door.

I’m interested in see more red, white and blue than rainbow.
I understood was one section. I remember one section for black history month, and of course thanksgiving or Xmas. But I go to buy what appeals to me, and ignore the rest. People are just being political nit pickers against these retail cos. Like now, Chic-fill a , I like the salad, not my business if they have training to teach people to act right. Need that training in CD maybe.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:27 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,807,707 times
I will not spend money in stores or restaurants that support the push for Pride on children. Adults can do what they want in the bedroom - it's none of my concern - but why do they feel it's everybody else's? I'm sick of everything being pushed in my face whether it offends me or not - you don't gain my support from constantly pushing your agenda - be it pro @A, Trans, BLM, anti-abortion, proabortion ect. And actually the more they push - the less enthusiastic or empathetic I am to any of the causes.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:28 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yeah, wheres all the jumping up and down waving arms, merchandise, displays?
Beats me, why don't you go and organize that stuff?

Old 05-31-2023, 12:30 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I will not spend money in stores or restaurants that support the push for Pride on children. Adults can do what they want in the bedroom - it's none of my concern - but why do they feel it's everybody else's? I'm sick of everything being pushed in my face whether it offends me or not - you don't gain my support from constantly pushing your agenda - be it pro @A, Trans, BLM, anti-abortion, proabortion ect. And actually the more they push - the less enthusiastic or empathetic I am to any of the causes.
I'm not sure what pushing it in your face means. Has someone personally accosted you? Where I live I see Trump 2024 signs in a lot of places, but I don't consider that being pushed in my face. I just ignore it. Now, if someone came up to me promoting Trump then I'd have to tell them how I feel about that. But I don't think I've ever actually had any kind of agenda pushed in my face.

That being said, there is one local business that had Trump flags in their window. They have since taken them down. I'll not shop there anymore.
There is another local business who has a Biden is not my president, Let's Go Brandon and Looney Tunes picture of Biden on their property. I'll definitely not ever go there again.
But I don't consider that being pushed in my face. I just appreciate them showing me who they are so that I don't patronize them.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:30 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Be honest , did you notice the pride month thing the last 10 yrs ?? Cause it’s been around. Or it’s a political outrage being pushed by the right. Be honest with yourself.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:33 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Could you define what shoving pride in your face means? Do you mean people walking up to you with pride paraphernalia, asking for a donation to support their cause? Or do you mean having a display of gay pride shirts or what-not sitting in the store?
The complainers are the ones claiming "shoving", not the actual people supporting it. And the complainers go out of their way to find things to get offended by, so they can then rant and scream before everyone, because that's how they get their twisted kicks.

Thankfully you (and I) don't do that, so aren't impacted. The solution is a very simple approach. But we can't change the anti-freedom loonies.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:38 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Given I've seen pride displays in Walmart, Target, Publix, Winn Dixie and a few others, I ask, where is everyone going to shop?

I'm going to love all these stores being empty - or you all just say you're boycotting and you all scuttle in there anyway?

Old 05-31-2023, 12:41 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Given I've seen pride displays in Walmart, Target, Publix, Winn Dixie and a few others, I ask, where is everyone going to shop?

I'm going to love all these stores being empty - or you all just say you're boycotting and you all scuttle in there anyway?
Hmm, I haven't seen the displays in my Walmart. But I usually only go to the food and pharmacy.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:48 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
It's the end of Target, my opinion. They can't survive this. Unless it's sold and re-branded. Use to shop at Target, not any more. They have misguided leadership.
That’s laughable. Target isn’t going anywhere given the other option is Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies