Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 10:07 AM

23,451 posts, read 12,487,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its Sunday morning and I guess my coffee has not fully kicked in.
Lol, I know what you mean.

Quote:
Apparently you have to go through police check points looking for weapons, etc. There is more security than most would expect.
I had not read about that happening, do you have a link?

Quote:
But I get your point. But sure it might have been made up. We may never know. The MSM is not going to push for the truth I know that. But anyone can call up claiming to be with Aryan Nations, even ANTIFA could have made the call. There is not litmus test for being a neo-nazi on a phone call. But I will say this without the neo-nazis showing up at these sorts of events as they have been the past couple years this story would not have been taken as seriously.
No one has provided proof, not the people with the event, not the cops and not the neo-nazis.

Since the country is up in arms about white supremacists, nazis, etc., (and Biden* labeling Trump supporters as such) then the proof of things such as this happening is usually shown, if they have the proof that is. That there is nothing to prove it is pretty telling. Also, these fringe groups like to crow about what they do, it seems to be crickets from them as well.

Had the neo-nazis showed up at every single event of this nature over the past couple of years? Or had they only showed up at some of them?

Most likely the claim was made up. Perhaps the event people are banking on that the neo's had shown up at some/all previous events, they hope that would make their unproven claim instantly believable to the people who don't want or care about proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 05:40 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Reality is there are laws on the books already that ban children viewing obscene things in public. This was directed at drag performers. And that alone makes it unconstitutional.

Doesn't have to be obscene to be prohibited in the presence of children.

In some places, profane language used in the presence of children will get you a misdemeanor.

No reason displaying a sexual fetish in the presence of children can't earn the same misdemeanor.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:01 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
This was a general ban on drag shows, not those specifically that are used to entertain children. If you don't like the content of a show then don't attend, no one is being forced.

Crazy that they even thought this would fly.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:30 AM

870 posts, read 1,568,345 times
I wonder how this applies to cheerleading and child beauty pageants. You see kids with their parents watching suggestive moves from scantily clad cheerleaders at football games. Child beauty pageants can be cutt throat and sexualize young children.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:51 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Lol, I know what you mean.

I had not read about that happening, do you have a link?
https://www.localmemphis.com/article...1-1d79a4e93b2b

“Everyone is going to be wanded, all the bags are going to be searched upon entering the park, so if you have a clear bag, that will make that line go along a lot quicker, along with purchasing your ticket ahead of time,” said Rodley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
No one has provided proof, not the people with the event, not the cops and not the neo-nazis.

Since the country is up in arms about white supremacists, nazis, etc., (and Biden* labeling Trump supporters as such) then the proof of things such as this happening is usually shown, if they have the proof that is. That there is nothing to prove it is pretty telling. Also, these fringe groups like to crow about what they do, it seems to be crickets from them as well.

Had the neo-nazis showed up at every single event of this nature over the past couple of years? Or had they only showed up at some of them?

Most likely the claim was made up. Perhaps the event people are banking on that the neo's had shown up at some/all previous events, they hope that would make their unproven claim instantly believable to the people who don't want or care about proof.
I am sure the neo-nazis are not at every event. Some of them might actually have jobs. But this is a big event not just drag queen story hour at a coffee shop. Also a bigger police presence than outside a coffee shop.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:09 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I'm a conservative and agree with the judge.

Free speech must be tolerated, even when you ardently disagree with it.

This is what separates us from the intolerant, evil left- support of free speech and The Constitution.

You will NEVER see a liberal supporting free speech for conservatives, however, as they are fascists at heart who only want "free speech" for themselves.
So you're in favor of allowing children in strip clubs, BDSM clubs and adult movie theaters? No difference than exposing them to men in dresses exposing themselves to them. Seemingly, by your definition, both are protected free speech?

No one cares about "drag shows" as such, a tiny subset of the adult population has attended them for decades (just like strip clubs or adult theaters). The difference is that one group now insists on arousing themselves by "performing" in front of children. That is why people are pushing back.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:19 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So you're in favor of allowing children in strip clubs, BDSM clubs and adult movie theaters? No difference than exposing them to men in dresses exposing themselves to them. Seemingly, by your definition, both are protected free speech?

No one cares about "drag shows" as such, a tiny subset of the adult population has attended them for decades (just like strip clubs or adult theaters). The difference is that one group now insists on arousing themselves by "performing" in front of children. That is why people are pushing back.
So do you have actual statistics of what percentage of these drag shows where children are present that where people are exposing themselves in front of children? I have only seen one photo of such a thing and it turned out the person was not exposing themselves.

If they are just reading to children, the parents take them to the event and nothing sexual goes no. What is the problem?

As it stands parents can take small children to an R rated movie where nudity and all sorts of sexual stuff might be seen by those children including the possibility of a drag performer doing sexual stuff on the screen. Why are there no protests outside of movie theaters?

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 06-05-2023 at 08:49 AM..

Old 06-05-2023, 08:27 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Because these groups have been showing up at drag queen shows and trying to burn down churches. There is some reason to think they might be at this event in Tennessee.
Aryan Nations? Have they? Can you link something or are you lying?

Old 06-05-2023, 08:37 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
So do you have actual statistics of what percentage of these drag shows where children are present that where people are exposing themselves in front of children? I have only seen one photo of such a thing and it turned out the person was not exposing themselves.

If they are just reading to children, the parents take them to the event and nothing sexual goes no. What is the problem?

As it stands parents can take small children to an R rated movie where nudity and all sorts of sexual stuff might be seen by those children. Why are there no protests outside of movie theaters?
The problem is that the vast majority of pretty much everyone's experience with drag are hypersexualized raunchy performances or less frequently impersonations. Now all of a sudden these people feel the need to read to children???

I didn't see any of this when I was a kid yet I am able to go to a drag show and not feel the need to beat up anyone, how on earth is this possible??

Old 06-05-2023, 08:37 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,204,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

There are existing laws on the books protecting children. Why do we need one specifically to target drag shows?

Your comment "men in dresses exposing themselves"...well that would be a strip show and children are already not allowed. Drag shows are not strip shows.

I've been to three strip shows (not my thing but I have an in law who loves to do drag brunches)...there was never any stripping. The performers were covered up with flashy dresses and did acrobatic things. At no point (to me anyway) was it a sexual thing.

I think the bigger issue is the conservatives who turn EVERYTHING into something sexual. Nude beaches, breastfeeding in public, drag shows, etc. The people who see sex in everything are the deviants, frankly.

Last edited by BoSox 15; 06-05-2023 at 08:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies