Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 04:32 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
How do we know ad revenue has been cut in half? Its a private company. I never used to like twitter (and was permanently banned), now I'm paying for a blue check mark. So there certainly are other revenue streams. Also, twitter in the past misrepresented data, over half of the users were bots. Elon cleaned house, so its likely there are less views for advertising now.
Twitter is a publicly traded company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 04:46 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Why? Because leftists hate it when Elon advocating free speech on his Twitter platform?
Ask the OP its their topic, I don't use Twitter. Maybe the back and forth on policies over some check mark or costs to get it made people decide that its not worth it. So Leftists hate free speech and the Right-Wing embraces it? Based on postings on this board that's the funniest one I read this morning...

Old 06-07-2023, 05:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Twitter is a publicly traded company.
Twitter WAS a publicly traded company.

It's a private company now.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:56 AM

Twitter was losing its shine. Musk bought a failing company. It continued to fail. Can it be fixed? Who knows.

Old 06-07-2023, 06:01 AM

43,127 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Twitter was losing its shine. Musk bought a failing company. It continued to fail. Can it be fixed? Who knows.
Maybe that's a good thing. Musk exposed the manipulation that was being done by employees along with government influence.

Manipulating society with propaganda is never a good thing.
Musk is rich enough that this doesn't even matter to his bottom line.

Old 06-07-2023, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Maybe that's a good thing. Musk exposed the manipulation that was being done by employees along with government influence.

Manipulating society with propaganda is never a good thing.
Musk is rich enough that this doesn't even matter to his bottom line.
https://www.kxly.com/news/money/twit...37c47c476.html
Twitter’s own lawyers refute Elon Musk’s claim that the ‘Twitter Files’ exposed US government censorship

The communications unearthed as part of the Twitter Files do not show coercion, Twitter’s lawyers wrote, “because they do not contain a specific government demand to remove content—let alone one backed by the threat of government sanction.”

Old 06-08-2023, 09:39 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Ask the OP its their topic, I don't use Twitter. Maybe the back and forth on policies over some check mark or costs to get it made people decide that its not worth it. So Leftists hate free speech and the Right-Wing embraces it? Based on postings on this board that's the funniest one I read this morning...
If leftists like yourself can't handle opinions hostile to their own and will leave rather than discuss and send hostility back, that's their decision for being ******* ununable to handle opinions that are not like their own, not the app.

The point is, they have a right to stay and discuss it. I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to speak it

Previously, they just silenced opinions that didn't cater to one side(the far left) on Twitter

Now both sides have a level playing field and they want to take their ball and go home? Lol

Old 06-08-2023, 10:08 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
He’s right and wrong.

The left is conspiring to dump Twitter but he’s also a horrible owner/CEO of Twitter.

Old 06-09-2023, 12:03 AM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's pretty funny considering what Conservatives have been doing - boycotting everything that offends the and going after companies that dare to disagree. Musk himself has applauded many of these actions very boldly on Twitter. But when it comes to his own company, he doesn't like it at all. It seems the only ads on Twitter these days are random items that used to be sold on late night television and that probably doesn't get a lot of ad revenue. Liberals don't have to support Twitter. Let that sink in!
He is right..

Old 06-09-2023, 02:21 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
They are trying to stop free speech, they admit it, and many companies are falling in line with that. Do we celebrate the lack of free speech tio 'own' Musk who was universally celebrated a few short years ago? It's like Trump who was universally loved by everyone in DC before coming down that elevator. I wish things weren't so OBVIOUS so I wouldn't have to think less of half the country for falling for this kind of thing over and over and over....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies