Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 07:48 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
LOL. He probably would have been a better defense secretary also. Not sure if Trump's Bolton can sing. I kind of doubt it. But with AI you could take him and have him sing Village People's "In the Navy".

He couldn't have been much worse!

Old 06-19-2023, 08:06 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I served in the military but I don't know how it works?

The top generals and admirals close to the WH and the war making apparatus have to serve the civilian political establishment and if they want to get in and stay in that inner circle they have to tell them what they want to hear. Just like in Vietnam.

You think LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, HW Bush and W Bush and the rest wants yo hear their top generals tell them that their foreign policy is bad and illegal and they have to change their foreign policy because is too war hawk? They would be gone and replaced by another one quick. They serve whatever Washington pushes.

Obama didn't served. You voted for him. Was he a great leader? Bubba Clinton didn't served. Was he a great leader? Hillary didn't served, you voted for her. Was she a great leader? Joe Biden didn't served. You voted for him. Is he a great leader? FDR didn't served. Was he a great leader? Reagan didn't served. Was he a great leader?

Now HW Bush served and he wasn't a great military leader. He was a war criminal and should have been impeached. W Bush served,another bad leader for the military and a war criminal. LBJ served and he was a bad military leader that got many killed on both sides. Nixon served and he was a bad military leader. John McCain served and he was a bad foreign policy leader supporting bad foreign policy after bad foreign policy and as a civilian he was a puppet for the military industrial complex.

Did you served? You have all kinds in the military. Good leaders, average and garbage. Just because you served doesn't mean you have leadership quality or will make the correct call on foreign policy and war.

I met the best people in the military and bad ones. Many officers that shouldn't have been officers and commands ran with very low moral because of poor leadership. The military is a bureaucracy just like the government. Just because you served doesn't mean anything in the real world. You have to prove it. You don't get a pass because you served. Earn it.
Don't know your background but with comments like the ones you made it read like you never served.

Whether the listed examples listened or not they are still CIC and the role of the JCS through the Chain of Command would have been to advise and recommend. FDR was Assistant Secretary of the Navy so he had some insight, he also seems to have taken the advice of his senior leadership.

Why do you think I voted for Obama or Hillary because I don't worship Trump? Clinton was not respected by the rank & files as he was one of the Presidents during my military career. Yes I served and know all too well that the ability to lead doesn't come with a commission or promotion, it has to be earned.

Until the last decade or so having served was an extra positive to an employer who most likely served themselves and can respect that you got through it honorably. Todays bosses couldn't care less and our elected leaders under 80 have this life experience less and less, its a shame.

The military is a bureaucracy but more within itself, we all know how the ring knockers (academy graduates) were given preferential treatment. If they still do that I don't know I retired out 25 yeaars ago...

Old 06-19-2023, 08:28 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Don't know your background but with comments like the ones you made it read like you never served.

Whether the listed examples listened or not they are still CIC and the role of the JCS through the Chain of Command would have been to advise and recommend. FDR was Assistant Secretary of the Navy so he had some insight, he also seems to have taken the advice of his senior leadership.

Why do you think I voted for Obama or Hillary because I don't worship Trump? Clinton was not respected by the rank & files as he was one of the Presidents during my military career. Yes I served and know all too well that the ability to lead doesn't come with a commission or promotion, it has to be earned.

Until the last decade or so having served was an extra positive to an employer who most likely served themselves and can respect that you got through it honorably. Todays bosses couldn't care less and our elected leaders under 80 have this life experience less and less, its a shame.

The military is a bureaucracy but more within itself, we all know how the ring knockers (academy graduates) were given preferential treatment. If they still do that I don't know I retired out 25 yeaars ago...

Money, and knowing how far you can get by telling the people exactly what they want to hear. But that only lasts so long when your motive for doing so is discovered. To Popularize your brand and self enrichment.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:32 AM

18,096 posts, read 15,676,604 times
If seemingly everyone who worked for the ex-P is considered "incompetent," "a chump," "a loser," "disgruntled," etc, etc, then what does that say about the person who hired them into those jobs in the first place?

At what point do you ever hold the executive in charge responsible for hiring such bad/loser direct reports?

Old 06-19-2023, 08:53 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
If seemingly everyone who worked for the ex-P is considered "incompetent," "a chump," "a loser," "disgruntled," etc, etc, then what does that say about the person who hired them into those jobs in the first place?

At what point do you ever hold the executive in charge responsible for hiring such bad/loser direct reports?
They never connect those dots. And really it says more about Trump. If this many people have so many bad things to say about him. He must have been horrible to work with in the WH. Only ones that stay loyal are his kids and wife. And they have a financial incentive. And there are a few loyal because he pardoned them.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:22 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
The word 'Cult' is used because it depicts a negative connotation.

Dems tactic is to invalidate and destroy opponents to avoid discussion and argument.

Trump accomplished more than any other president as he made the pentagon, foreign service, economists look like rank amateurs.

Trump had china, putin, iran NK held at bay.
Peace inthe middle east
Energy independence
Trump crushed putin's economy
About to horn in on Putin;s energy hold on europe, huge profits for US and another shot to putin's war chest

Some how Trump was a threat to natl' security, best get your news form some place other than where you now get it

Biden has broken his promise to provide national security and deserves to be imprisoned or exiled.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:30 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Honest question to the Trump supporters: Is there a line he can cross? Because to the rest of the world it appears that his comment that he could shoot a man and retain your support was accurate. There does not appear to be any line he can cross to you.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:31 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Honest question to the Trump supporters: Is there a line he can cross? Because to the rest of the world it appears that his comment that he could shoot a man and retain your support was accurate. There does not appear to be any line he can cross to you.
If he shot a Democrat they would probably applaud it.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:33 AM

18,096 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Good question. I've never seen this get answered, ever. The implication, through the complete silence or the immediate pivot to anything else to try and distract, is "no, there is nothing he can ever do to lose their support."

Old 06-19-2023, 09:43 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Apparently there is a case to be made in New Jersey, this could help the Feds' case in case they are railroaded by Judge Cannon in Florida, who ruled with bias before and will again. Trump apparently took the documents to New Jersey and according to the indictment showed off military secrets to random people.

Again Trump supporters are you OK with this sort of behavior?

"According to the Justice Department and a taped recording of the former president, Trump took classified records from Mar-a-Lago to Bedminster, where he showed off the contents of such records to others," wrote Goodman and Weissman, who each are professors at NYU School of Law.

"The indictment alleges that Trump showed a map to a political ally and also showed a writer and a publisher a secret military plan to attack Iran. These two episodes were arguably the most egregious allegations of criminal wrongdoing mentioned in the indictment; they allege not just the improper retention of our nation’s most highly classified information, but the intentional communication of such information."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trum...4jWvj1VM1xAYr4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies