Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2023, 10:27 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,458,248 times

Advertisements

It looks like a anti air missile hit it just forward of the tail. I base this on the tail section being ripped off-you can see its missing from the aircraft as it falls, and pictures of it on the ground. I think its a anti-air weapon because in one of the pictures of the wreckage you can see holes that are very similar to shrapnel patterns on one wing. Could still be something else...but to me it looks a LOT like a air to air or surface to air missile.

And 100% this would be something the military would do given that the guy shot down a Russian military command plane. Returning the favor? 100% on brand.

All that being said? Could still be structural failure of the tail section, followed by a detonation on the ground that caused the shrapnel damage. But if I had to guess? Plane was at 32K feet. So not a Russian manpad. so air to air or most likely a surface to air launch. My guess is the Russian military. At the orders of Putin.

And I would not be at ALL surprised if they used the exact same air defense unit as he used to kill the Russian command aircraft.

Old 08-24-2023, 02:28 AM

3,558 posts, read 1,549,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MendoMan View Post
What’s sad is the people of Russia will believe that it just happened to be a technical malfunction or pilot error.

It’s difficult to think rationally when you are in the cult of Putin. And if you do think rationally it is a death sentence.
If you question the official narrative of this being an accident you will be a labeled a conspiracy theorist. Much like what happens in our country.

Old 08-24-2023, 02:38 AM

24,917 posts, read 9,667,594 times
Quote:
What’s sad is the people of Russia will believe that it just happened to be a technical malfunction or pilot error.

It’s difficult to think rationally when you are in the cult of Putin. And if you do think rationally it is a death sentence.
You can think rationally and believe whatever you want in Russia. There's even western ex-pats who live there.

You just can't put those thoughts into actions.

Old 08-24-2023, 02:41 AM

34,362 posts, read 18,742,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
If you question the official narrative of this being an accident you will be a labeled a conspiracy theorist. Much like what happens in our country.
It's how the Left dismisses the TRUTH. It's about to come back and bite them when th Elite don't need their Useful Idiots anymore. Then, the real fun begins.

Old 08-24-2023, 04:14 AM

5,267 posts, read 3,847,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No they are not, even though when given a choice between Prigozhin and Putin, they would clearly prefer Putin.

The plane was shot by a missile from the ground, near Moscow.

So it's the Russians themselves who did it.

I think that's precisely something that he miscalculated at this point.

He still wants to believe that he is the most popular and beloved leader in Russia. And if this fails, at least most feared, and everything will be forgiven to him by the Russians as usual.

"Because of the nineties and his great role in restoring the country."

I don't live there for ages, but I still can read and write, or how do you think I can get all these news online?
I get that you have it in for Putin. You think he should have gone into Donbass many years ago. He happens to be a very intelligent man who couldn't possibly not understand that killing Prigozhin would make him a martyr. Putin is also very popular inside of Russia.

Look the guy is ex KGB so you have to understand what the guy is capable of. If he had the plane shot down he would cover his tracks to the point you wouldn't be able to implicate him. Until proven otherwise I go with CIA/Mossad.

Old 08-24-2023, 06:52 AM
pdw

2,724 posts, read 3,143,896 times
I don’t care if it’s an accident or not, I’m glad war criminal fascist Prigozhin is dead. Damn him to hell for the things he’s done to the Ukrainian people. Let’s hope Wagner implodes after this

Old 08-24-2023, 06:57 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,410,782 times
Putin assassinated this guy and took 9 other people with him.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:01 AM

79,034 posts, read 61,175,189 times
Quote:

Some won't care or think he had it coming....some will know there is nothing they can do about it and just go about their daily lives.

But they know what happened, they're not stupid.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:01 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,410,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Everything Putin touches, dies. The death of Prigozhin is just the start of more killing yet to come. This is what The Atlantic is reporting today:

The article gives a long list of those who've crossed Putin and ended up dead. It's a long list. And growing.

In a companion article in The Atlantic, the author states this:
Putin is really the modern day Hitler or Stalin - you challenge him, you end up dead.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:05 AM

79,034 posts, read 61,175,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I get that you have it in for Putin. You think he should have gone into Donbass many years ago. He happens to be a very intelligent man who couldn't possibly not understand that killing Prigozhin would make him a martyr. Putin is also very popular inside of Russia.

Look the guy is ex KGB so you have to understand what the guy is capable of. If he had the plane shot down he would cover his tracks to the point you wouldn't be able to implicate him. Until proven otherwise I go with CIA/Mossad.
Lol...Putin has a long track record of sending messages with pretty blatant killings.

Your assumption that he didn't send one here is not in line with other killings that were made to send clear messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies