Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 07:38 PM

579 posts, read 432,037 times

Advertisements

A lot of other countries have households with extended family living with them, rather than just a single parent. They might still only have one parent in the household, but it's counted differently if a grandparent or other older relative is there.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...st-one-parent/

Old 10-06-2023, 07:39 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think a lot of people would agree with the goal of restoring nuclear families.

How do you achieve that, exactly? Without starving children (who are innocent) to death?
The Dems solution is Eugenics...through the easy acccess to abortions. How's that working out for the black community?

The Dems also trap Black students in failed urban schools, so they can't get good jobs, and support a family.

This is a liberal policy train wreck, & has been for decades under liberal control of our urban areas.

My solutions:

Fix the urban schools by bannng Teachers unions, and allowing school vouchers so they can attend anywhere they can get to...school choice.

Make it easier to fire bad Teachers...which banning unions would do.

Enforce our nations laws to make a life of crime look extremely undesireable to young Black men.

Provide more trade schools & training in urban areas, & in the prison system.

These solutions would be a nice start.

Old 10-06-2023, 07:42 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I agree with this-especially the generational part. Unless I'm mistaken, the idea of rewarding single mothers started with LBJ's Great Society nonsense.
Correct, but Clinton pretty much ended it. There's very little incentive now to pump out more babies.

Old 10-06-2023, 07:45 PM

13,692 posts, read 7,979,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/stor...20(7%25)%20…

23% of kids 18 & under live in a home with only 1 parent present.

The global average is just 7%.

In Black America, 52%-67% (these 2 links vary) of kids are born into single-parent households! For white's, its 23%:

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/popul...ite%20children.

The U.S. is worst by a wide margin...I think Canada is 2nd worst at 15%.

IMHO, this is one of the worst trends of our time, & its crushing the black community particularly.
And there it is.

Old 10-06-2023, 07:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
The Dems solution is Eugenics...through the easy acccess to abortions. How's that working out for the black community?

The Dems also trap Black students in failed urban schools, so they can't get good jobs, and support a family.

This is a liberal policy train wreck, & has been for decades under liberal control of our urban areas.

My solutions:

Fix the urban schools by bannng Teachers unions, and allowing school vouchers so they can attend anywhere they can get to...school choice.

Make it easier to fire bad Teachers...which banning unions would do.

Enforce our nations laws to make a life of crime look extremely undesireable to young Black men.

Provide more trade schools & training in urban areas, & in the prison system.

These solutions would be a nice start.
I agree with some of your ideas.

However, giving vouchers so students can attend anywhere they want often ends up with kids in really HORRIBLY failing schools, that just look good because the kids are in uniform and are behaving.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
I agree with this-especially the generational part. Unless I'm mistaken, the idea of rewarding single mothers started with LBJ's Great Society nonsense.
It wasn't about rewarding single mothers. It was about not letting children starve to death in the United States . Which was what was happening.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:32 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,961,805 times
Quote:
I agree with some of your ideas.

However, giving vouchers so students can attend anywhere they want often ends up with kids in really HORRIBLY failing schools, that just look good because the kids are in uniform and are behaving.
That can go the other way too.

Sending your kid to some high level school just because you can may set them up for failure. If they didn't start that way, they may be woefully unprepared. And this also doesn't absolve parents from taking an active role in education involvement at home.

Quote:
Don't forget a healthy dose of anti-nuclear , anti- cis male trend we had there. Equating the nuclear family as some white privilege supremacy institution. I am sure that didn't help.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:36 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,493,605 times
We need to answer the question - why do women end up single mothers? Once we know the main reason, we can fix it.

Do some of these women have a man in their life, and they split sometime after the child is born?
Do some of these have no man in their life, and bring the kid to this world with no resources? And if so, why do they do that? Are they against abortion (I doubt it).

Old 10-06-2023, 08:39 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/stor...20(7%25)%20…

23% of kids 18 & under live in a home with only 1 parent present.

The global average is just 7%.

In Black America, 52%-67% (these 2 links vary) of kids are born into single-parent households! For white's, its 23%:

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/popul...ite%20children.

The U.S. is worst by a wide margin...I think Canada is 2nd worst at 15%.

IMHO, this is one of the worst trends of our time, & its crushing the black community particularly.
The Black population has had a higher rate of single parent homes than any other group in America. It's been this way for decades, as far back as the Great Depression.

And single parenthood hasn't been the only thing hurting American Blacks.

And the USA, per capita isn't the worst place in the world in terms of single parent homes. Jamaica is far worse. At least 40% of all children in Jamaican live in single parent homes.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29477150/
https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/all-...single-parent/

Old 10-06-2023, 08:41 PM

7,258 posts, read 3,785,370 times
Quote:
I think a lot of people would agree with the goal of restoring nuclear families.

How do you achieve that, exactly? Without starving children (who are innocent) to death?
Existing cases grandfathered in but no new cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies