Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2023, 07:08 AM

25,609 posts, read 17,351,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Why should they have to? What gave Israel the right to take their land away? The Jews that immigrated to Israel had no ancestral ties to the hebrews whatsoever! They displaced people who had deeds to the homes they lived in.
OK. That's the argument made by Palestinians. You refer to Nakba, or The Catastrophe, which happened in May of 1948. A solid case can be made for what you say.

It was fallout from WW1 when The Ottoman Empire finally fell, the Middle East was up for colonization and the British moved in. The British made a weak attempt at controlling the number of Jews that moved back but failed and soon the Jewish people outnumbered the indigenous Arabs.
WW2 created hordes of Jewish refugees, the UN created a Jewish state for them, partitioning failed and Nakba resulted. It reminds me very much of the Trail of Tears here in the US when people were simply removed and sent of "somewhere else".

We can only imagine the outrage of those Palestinians, being driven from their homes and cities by foreign born Jews! GREAT ARTICLE HERE
The rupture of the nakba cannot be mended. The state of Israel is a reality that will not disappear. Most Palestinians fantasize the right of return, and from a moral and legal perspective, their case is irrefutable.
But no case can be made, either, for the atrocities we see today. It is the result of encouraging outrage and revenge by young people who were born some 40-50-60 years after nakba, which occurred in 1948.

My bottom line: The Palestinian youth has been ruined. Call it brainwashed, if you like. The surrounding Arab countries have encouraged this with the constant parade of jihadist groups like PLO and now Hamas. Left to their own, the Palestinians may have eventually accepted the tiny Gaza strip as their country, but the Arab League would rather they fight forever.

So Hamas and The Palestinians have been used. They are victims, too.

Thanks for reading

Old 10-12-2023, 07:10 AM

39,884 posts, read 26,562,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
It's an All or Nothing situation to Islam.

This last conflict has brought out the droves of people who do not understand what Islam is.

It's essentially a satanic cult, whose false prophet is a pedophile.

When those are the bullet-points of your worldview, then only destruction can follow.
The "prophet" was a warlord first and foremost. He conquered lands and mass murdered the defeated, supported the mass rape of defeated women, stole their property and enslaved children. He tortured prisoners by starting fires on their chests. While of course having a 6 year old wife. He is held as the "ideal man" for Islamists to emulate-so yes, there is a reason that Islam is so violent.

Old 10-12-2023, 07:22 AM

88,676 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Supporting someone ideologically or religiously doesn't mean you support them in your country.

Even Democrats would refuse Palestinian immigration because it would he “too many.” We already see it playing out in all the migrants in NYC.
Yes, I can't even remember where I read it or what was said exactly, but years ago I remember reading that other Arabs groups don't particularly like the Palestinians, either.'

Old 10-12-2023, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I would essentially agree with this. Although I think to a large extent the Palestinians are willing participants. They don't actually want to leave.

The problem with your narrative is that you present the Palestinians as essentially unwanted guests in someone else's country who are unwilling or incapable of leaving. On the contrary, the Palestinians see the Jews as invaders who are occupying, colonizing, and attempting to ethnically-cleanse them from their land.

Since you imagine reality as the first, it is natural that you don't understand why the Palestinians don't just leave, or why their neighbors won't let them in. But since actual reality is the second, it makes perfect sense why they don't leave and why their neighbors at least outwardly oppose them leaving.
The ACTUAL REALITY is that it is the Palestinians that have practiced genocide against the Israeli people. Since the founding of Israel they have refused to accept the right of Israel to exist. They have slaughtered Israeli civilians since the nation was founded, as well as allied with other nations that have waged war on Israel. They put Hamas in power, fund them supply them with manpower and weapons and protect them after their terror attacks. Oh and pay bounties to Hamas members that kill Israelis. It is not Israel practicing genocide, it is the Palestinians.

Meanwhile Israel shows tremendous restraint and compassion. Starting in '05, in an effort for peace, Israel removed their own citizens from Gaza settlements and turned them over to Palestinians. Who, rather than accepting peace, stepped up their slaughter. Even while the Palestinians of Gaza kill Israelis, Israel provides them with food, water and power. What other nation is so generous with a vicious enemy that slaughters their people? That has their stated goal the destruction of Israel? That has launched tens of thousands of rockets at their cities? If we had say Indian tribes doing so from their reservations in this nation, I highly doubt the US would be so tolerant, let alone any other nation.

Israel has offered peace, including a "2-state" solution, for decades. Always rejected by the Palestinians. IMO when Israel had captured the Sini during the various wars waged against them, rather than immediately withdrawing, Israel should have relocated the Palestinians there. Had Egypt wanted the territory, they could have had the Palestinians along with it.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 10-12-2023 at 07:36 AM..

Old 10-12-2023, 07:25 AM

10,923 posts, read 4,591,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I can't even remember where I read it or what was said exactly, but years ago I remember reading that other Arabs groups don't particularly like the Palestinians, either.'

Exactly. as I said in my first post in the other (now polluted) thread: "They dont want them either"

Its hard to get taken seriously by adults when you openly do what you accuse others of doing.

Old 10-12-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Exactly. as I said in my first post in the other (now polluted) thread: "They dont want them either"

Its hard to get taken seriously by adults when you openly do what you accuse others of doing.
But why would that be? We're constantly told that immigration is such a benefit to the receiving country. That diversity is a strength. That millions of uneducated, unskilled, hateful people entering your country is a great thing that empowers the receiving nation. Why wouldn't these Islamic nations embrace this enrichment?

Why aren't leftists denouncing these nations for refusing to allow mass immigration? Actually not even "mass", the number is far lower than the number they embrace in our country. Do the support secure borders and xenophobia-provided it's done by any nation but ours? On a slightly different note-why aren't they demanding that these nations accept, welcome and provide for the mass of unskilled, uneducated Africans invading Europe? Why would they want those innocent Africans exposed to those evil, white Europeans rather than Middle Easterners. Lets face it, those countries are incredibly rich and much more capable of providing for them than Europeans are.

Old 10-12-2023, 07:35 AM

711 posts, read 300,207 times
To reiterate the response, the Arab world doesn't want them. Part of the Palestine homeland is within the current borders of Jordan. No one goes to Jordan and says "you are occupying Palestinian homeland", but they are. The West Bank was occupied by Jordan, meaning they actually seized it from Palestinians in the late 40s (no one complains about that, but they did), before being lost in the 6 day war. Jordan has since given up all claims to the land, they simply don't want to deal with an area full of Palestinians.

Current poles in Palestinian lands indicate that they are no longer in favor of a 2-state solution. In fact, more Israeli's are in favor of it.

Old 10-12-2023, 07:38 AM

4,617 posts, read 3,317,309 times
Basic problem: partitioning an area never works. Take India/Pakistan as an example. That enmity is still raw. The Israel/Palestine partition has not worked either. People don't want to move out of the way just because some governmental entity decides that's what should be done.

Unfortunately, there's no empty space left on the planet unless we wait until global warming gives us Antartica to work with.

Old 10-12-2023, 07:45 AM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
Because, well, the Palestinians have a fairly poor track-record of fitting-in when
allowed into other countries.

Old 10-12-2023, 07:49 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,158,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Why should they have to? What gave Israel the right to take their land away? The Jews that immigrated to Israel had no ancestral ties to the hebrews whatsoever! They displaced people who had deeds to the homes they lived in.
Most people who live in Palestine came from other countries after Israel was created. That area was sparsely populated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies