Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 05:48 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Well, I definitely had the hips, no matter what my weight/size. If you've ever heard the old chestnut that a woman's bust and hip measurement should match, with the waist ten inches smaller, then I failed that. My waist would definitely be ten inches smaller than my bust, but my hips would always be 13 inches larger than my waist.
Well you seem to have a nice body.

Old 10-19-2023, 05:50 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well you seem to have a nice body.
30 years ago when I was active duty, I definitely did. I wish I'd seen that at the time, I only ever saw the flaws.

Nowadays it's okay. But I'm in my 50's now, and while I'm active, I'm not *that* active anymore!

Old 10-19-2023, 05:55 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
30 years ago when I was active duty, I definitely did. I wish I'd seen that at the time, I only ever saw the flaws.

Nowadays it's okay. But I'm in my 50's now, and while I'm active, I'm not *that* active anymore!
Well, I think that can be said about virtually everybody so shame in it. I'm now 76, and there's no way now I could fit in my Navy uniforms. It's not so much the weight - I weigh within 2 or 3 lbs of my days back then - but it's definitely shifted around a good bit. My hips are smaller than my waist (I like to say it's from genetics, but a bit of laziness might be included, although I'm fairly active and play golf 3-4 times a week)I'm male, by the way.

Old 10-19-2023, 05:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Well, I definitely had the hips, no matter what my weight/size. If you've ever heard the old chestnut that a woman's bust and hip measurement should match, with the waist ten inches smaller, then I failed that. My waist would definitely be ten inches smaller than my bust, but my hips would always be 13 inches larger than my waist.
I doubt you had Kardishian-size hips though, that seems to be the current desire for many. I don't think it's attractive at all, and would look like hell in a military uniform.

Old 10-19-2023, 06:55 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Wow. Between gender studies and pizza parties, no wonder our enemies have taken action against America’s interests and allies.

The commander in chief needs to step up.
No they're thinking of getting him a ramp instead because he's just having a hell of a time even with the short steps into Air Force One.

Old 10-19-2023, 08:09 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Since Tuberville won't give the service personal any leadership it's no wonder.
fat recruits are tuberville's fault!!

lmao

Old 10-19-2023, 08:38 PM

24,631 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
They gained weight during Covid, just like many other Americans.
They were fat and obese before covid, just like many other Americans. Its the current administrations job to change that, and they haven’t.

The world is a far more dangerous place when US troops (known as the world’s police) are not fit to fight.

When I was in service, getting fat was enough to get kicked out.

Old 10-19-2023, 08:41 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
They were fat and obese before covid, just like many other Americans.

Its the current administrations job to change that, and they haven’t.

The world is a far more dangerous place when US troops (known as the world’s police) are not fit to fight.
The US right now is the "Great Satan." The world would be much better off with our troops not "fit to fight." And in fact, so would we, as our government grows more corrupt and tyrannical by the day.

Old 10-19-2023, 08:41 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
What happened to our Military standard physical tests?

I mean just by the nature of them if you can pass those you pretty much are Not going to be unhealthily obese.

They must have changed them to be more 'equitable to " differently Bodied".

But be that as it may, how fit do you need to be to launch bombs or remote pilot drones and soon to be Armed drones . Maybe those Quest VR couch potatoes are like savants we can tap, heh.
Old test was scrapped for various reasons. Military ever since has been grappling with how come up with a gender neutral new way of measuring fitness.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ew-events.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/military-...-troops-report

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...er-neutrality/

Old 10-19-2023, 09:03 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Old test was scrapped for various reasons. Military ever since has been grappling with how come up with a gender neutral new way of measuring fitness.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ew-events.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/military-...-troops-report

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...er-neutrality/

Perfect. Just what the US Military needs when faced with a determined enemy.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64352067-post8127.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies