Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 07:57 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,891,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was at a local auto parts store the other day and as the old guy behind the counter was looking up my parts he mumbled about a guy that had come in, lingered around and left without buying anything. He said he probably stole something. I asked him if that was a big problem and he said that they had recently done an inventory and they were shocked at the amount of stuff that had walked out.

Shoplifting is happening everywhere and it is getting worse and we can blame the Democrats for most of it. They have Defunded the Police, Removed Personal Responsibility from Criminals, Dropped Inflation on us and have been Blurring the Lines between what is Right and Wrong for years.

The honest people are paying for all this damage and theft. That's probably why an oil filter that used to cost me 5 or 6 bucks now costs 20. And I can't get it much cheaper online either, since the cost of shipping things has gone through the roof. The average American is being hosed like never before. And I think you are right about which political party deserves most of the blame. But I do blame the GOP a little for having such weak spines that they seem incapable of standing up to this force of evil and degradation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2023, 07:59 AM

10,832 posts, read 4,517,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was at a local auto parts store the other day and as the old guy behind the counter was looking up my parts he mumbled about a guy that had come in, lingered around and left without buying anything. He said he probably stole something. I asked him if that was a big problem and he said that they had recently done an inventory and they were shocked at the amount of stuff that had walked out.

Shoplifting is happening everywhere and it is getting worse and we can blame the Democrats for most of it. They have Defunded the Police, Removed Personal Responsibility from Criminals, Dropped Inflation on us and have been Blurring the Lines between what is Right and Wrong for years.

Was at home despot last night signing my flooring contract and had to look at electrical. I need a crap ton of #4 THHN so we peeked at the price and the clerk said the thefts from THIS department were the worst...wire and switches and boxes have tripled in most cases in the last 2 years. Yet this HD is in east pittsburgh where ALL the houses are in dire need of fixin up. so people have a confederate drive around back of the store, the crook walks down the aisles, grabs up spools of wire (HUNDREDS each for a small one), cartons of breakers or GFIs and bolts out the fire door, into the waiting car....bingo.

Old 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
after having my teeth cleaned last week, i stopped by a walmart store close to my dentist's office to buy some gym socks. all the socks, including the socks i wanted, were locked in a cabinet which required an employee to unlock it. i left the store without purchasing the socks or anything else.

i bought the socks from amazon. amazon delivered them to my house. the socks were the same price as at walmart and didn't require the effort to drive to a store.

theft and the decision by local politicians to ignore criminal behavior of thieves is killing local retail businesses.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-27-2023 at 08:09 AM..

Old 10-27-2023, 08:03 AM

8,940 posts, read 2,962,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cts-crime.html

Sad but predictable, stores may soon look like a museum as retailers are forced to lock up everything behind glass to combat all this theft.
When you teach young people they are owed something because of their race, and when you teach them that the police are bad people that should be defunded.

This is the logical outcome.

Duhhhhhhhh.

Old 10-27-2023, 08:13 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
after having my teeth cleaned last week, i stopped by a walmart store close to my dentist's office to buy some gym socks. all the socks, including the socks i wanted, were locked in a cabinet which required an employee to unlock it. i left the store without purchasing the socks or anything else.

i bought the socks from amazon. amazon delivered them to my house. the socks were the same price as at walmart and didn't require the effort to drive to a store.

theft and the decision by local politicians to ignore criminal behavior of thieves is killing local retail businesses.
i'll bet that happens a lot. who wants to wait around for some poor schmoe to unlock a pair of socks?

another win for jeffie bezos.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:44 AM

13,696 posts, read 7,979,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cts-crime.html

Sad but predictable, stores may soon look like a museum as retailers are forced to lock up everything behind glass to combat all this theft.

I saw this at a Walgreens in S.F. during the summer. There was a long line at the counter because two of the three registers weren't open. With half the store under lock and key employees were busy helping customers shop.

Same thing at the Safeway store on Taraval Street. The self-checkout lanes were closed and only one register was open. Other employees were helping customers shop. The checkout line was almost to the back of the store. There was a security guard at the entrance/exit as well in front of the elevator which goes upstairs to the parking area.

This has become the new normal in many cities.

Last edited by john3232; 10-27-2023 at 11:18 AM..

Old 10-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
both corporations have now stated that it is cheaper - for them - to have online stores and deliver what you want for a modest fee.

that is how bad the incursion from the left has been.
It was already cheaper to do that.

Old 10-27-2023, 11:23 AM

554 posts, read 295,110 times
My local Walmart has nearly everything in the hygiene area locked up. Last time I made the mistake of going there I had to wait 10 minutes before a worker came and unlocked it for me. I prefer Target for this reason, as I find it’s usually a better experience.

Old 10-27-2023, 11:58 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The honest people are paying for all this damage and theft. That's probably why an oil filter that used to cost me 5 or 6 bucks now costs 20. And I can't get it much cheaper online either, since the cost of shipping things has gone through the roof. The average American is being hosed like never before. And I think you are right about which political party deserves most of the blame. But I do blame the GOP a little for having such weak spines that they seem incapable of standing up to this force of evil and degradation.
Amazon sells oil filters, and delivery is free if you have Amazon Prime.

Lots of average Americans have Amazon Prime.

Old 10-27-2023, 12:01 PM

78,348 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I shop online, and get curbside pickup .. so that i dont encounter this.
As long as you don't get carjacked to or from, a solid plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies