Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 08:15 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cts-crime.html

Sad but predictable, stores may soon look like a museum as retailers are forced to lock up everything behind glass to combat all this theft.
This happens when people vote for democrats. Soft on crime. No bail. Open borders. No surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2023, 08:31 PM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphorista View Post
From the link:
Quote:
...Target’s recent store closures in New York, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle and Portland may be due more to the underperformance of Target’s smaller store locations. Local crime statistics also raise questions about Target’s rationale.

One analysis by journalist Judd Legum at Popular Information found that the stores Target is closing in both New York and San Francisco had lower reported theft rates compared to other nearby locations.
Couldn't it be in SF for example unless a store clerk is threatened or injured shoplifting often isn't reported?
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/26/busin...res/index.html

And if retail theft were a smoke screen to hide/offset other issues why then are there so many empty stores in the prime downtown area of S.F? New leases could reflect the loss of foot traffic so this shouldn't be an issue.

Yet, at Powell Street station where the cable car turns around there are almost nothing but empty stores. Why?

Last edited by john3232; 10-28-2023 at 08:52 PM..

Old 10-28-2023, 09:54 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
This theft will expedite online, which will mean several million fewer net jobs.

On the plus side, online is far more efficient.

Old 10-28-2023, 10:37 PM

2,311 posts, read 956,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
When you teach young people they are owed something because of their race...
This is the logical outcome.

Duhhhhhhhh.

When you enslave, marginalize, enact racist laws against a race, police said race differently which incarcerates their fathers at a higher rate, and the race now acts out, this is the logical outcome.
Duhhhhhhhh.

And now we all pay for it.

Old 10-28-2023, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Well, that's no different from where I live in (85205.) Very little is locked away.

Are you suggesting such items are being stolen because people can't afford them?

Or they are being stolen and sold to a fence because it's a way to earn money and help put food on the table?

For now, it's plain old criminal acts of theft
In the very near future (within my millenial lifetime), even necessities such as milk and bread will be stolen and rampant because we're going to be a third world country.

Old 10-28-2023, 10:46 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
When you enslave, marginalize, enact racist laws against a race, police said race differently which incarcerates their fathers at a higher rate, and the race now acts out, this is the logical outcome.
Duhhhhhhhh.

And now we all pay for it.

You mean like Biden's famous 1994 crime bill???

Old 10-28-2023, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You mean like Biden's famous 1994 crime bill???
Absolutely.
Not sure if you took me as a Biden apologist but glad we're in agreement.

Old 10-28-2023, 11:26 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
What good is it doing?

We have some of the highest crime in a high crime state. Punishment is severe. Policing is aggressive. Running a red light or having a taillight out are prosecuted as misdemeanors, not traffic infractions, in this county, and punishable by thirty days in jail.

Want to live in a county where an innocent taillight or headlight issues results in a month of jail?

I don't know about your county, but I'd rather live in the Knoxville metro, the Chattanooga metro, or the Nashville metro than live in the SF Bay Area again, and I'm a 5th generation SF Bay Area native who lived there in two different periods for a total of over 40 years.

Old 10-28-2023, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I don't know about your county, but I'd rather live in the Knoxville metro, the Chattanooga metro, or the Nashville metro than live in the SF Bay Area again, and I'm a 5th generation SF Bay Area native who lived there in two different periods for a total of over 40 years.
The SF I knew growing up of course no longer exits but I remember the Mission distrist when it was clean. I often went to the Grand theater as a child. My father used to take me crab fishing off the piers at Fisherman’s wharf. Toss out a net with bait and thirty minutes later it was filled with crabs. You take out the biggest and toss the rest back. I remember the Vietnam war protests, the hippies. The Zodiac killer and Patty Hearst.

Old 10-29-2023, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
For now, it's plain old criminal acts of theft
In the very near future (within my millenial lifetime), even necessities such as milk and bread will be stolen and rampant because we're going to be a third world country.
Humm...

Quote:
Some nations can find collective success as a single homogenous people like Japan or Switzerland.

Or equally, but with more difficulty, nations can prosper with heterodox peoples -- but only if united by a single, inclusive culture as the American melting-pot once attested.

But a baleful third option -- a multicultural society of diverse, unassimilated, and often rival tribes -- historically is a prescription for collective suicide.

We are beginning to see just that in America, as it sheds the melting pot, and adopts the salad bowl of unassimilated and warring tribes.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ty_149972.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies