Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 11:17 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 3 days ago)

1,313 posts, read 654,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump did some good things during his presidency no doubt about that. But he spent more time being a narcissistic Dbag and bullying those who didn't agree with him than spending time promoting his accomplishments maybe that's part of his appeal who knows?

Most Trump supporters I talk to wish he cut out the B.S. and focused on his accomplishments rather than squabbling with his critics and tweeting nonsense.
Precious snowflakes always have butthurt when confronting unabashed alpha males..poor little things.

Old 10-27-2023, 11:40 PM

439 posts, read 202,411 times
Simple logic which evades most right wingers on CD spin an asinine story of how Biden ruined everything and imploded the economy. Simple BS….

All one needs to see is the entire planet Earth had an economic slowdown due to COVID and now emerging into the sunlight. Compare the USA to all other 1st world economies and notice the USA emerged in reasonably good shape when compared to other nations whose inflation levels are 2-3% higher than the United States.

Facts are fake news to those who have no argument. Trump was a boil on the ass of the USA and good riddance.

Old 10-28-2023, 02:16 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Things absolutely were better and I've yet to talk to someone who "hates" him who has a real clue why....just a lot of parroting of things they know nothing about while rolling their eyes and acting indignant about even being questioned. So funny, so sad

Old 10-28-2023, 03:53 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Yes things were better with Trump in the Whitehouse.

And how ironic that the people who claimed Trump would crash the economy and start a war are the same people who are now crashing the economy and getting us involved in wars.

Thanks democrats.
No kidding

Old 10-28-2023, 03:58 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
He was their target so the **** they planned to take the rest of us down with had to be put on hold. Now with Biden installed in a coup they have free reign to bankrupt us and bring chaos to the entire country. Except for the ruling elite, of course.
You supported Biden and the progressives you supported inflation, war, sky high high oil prices, disease, famine, terrorism, violence, totalitarianism, poverty.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:31 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump did some good things during his presidency no doubt about that. But he spent more time being a narcissistic Dbag and bullying those who didn't agree with him than spending time promoting his accomplishments maybe that's part of his appeal who knows?

Most Trump supporters I talk to wish he cut out the B.S. and focused on his accomplishments rather than squabbling with his critics and tweeting nonsense.
That pretty much describes me, I wish he wouldn't do many of the things he does but his policies were so great, I'm willing to put up with the bad to get the good.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:01 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's an immature position to adopt.

So ignore a great economy and the first president in many decades who did involve the USA in a new war or conflict, etc... all of that needs to be tossed aside, because some people had personality conflict with Trump. Geez, talk about petty.

Sounds like if you had a company build your dream house, and it was perfect, you'd sell it for a loss, because you decided you didn't like the contractor's personality.

There are entertainment artists and corporate CEOs I personally think are jerks or morons. Do I throw away the products their corporation makes, or break their albums or DVDs? No. I'm mature enough to understand that my personal like or dislike of your personality quirks does not drive me to discredit your professional accomplishments or the product's and services you produce.

If you were ever so petty, that everyone had to be your fishing buddy and pal, or else you'd cut all ties to them, and refuse to do business with them, you would probably starve to death, naked and cold. Trump was trying to run a country, not make everyone his fishing buddy and pal. did mean old Trump yell at some underling who screwed up, failed to do their job? Oh, boo-hoo.
You sound like Trump, the only thing that matters is a good economy. Well some of us feel that there is more than that.

Again Trump mishandled COVID so badly he lost a 2nd term that was an absolute lock in Feb 2020. Who knows how many of his supporters died needlessly because Trump said COVID was "nothing to be afraid of"?

He needlessly caused millions of Americans to distrust our election system when it was and is working just fine.

His strong anti-immigration position caused nationwide xenophobia, resulting in things like the Trump guy verbally assaulting the Muslim family on a Texas beach and so much more.

January 6th caused the United States of America to be an embarrassment around the world.

And then is all the evidence of very serious crimes that may have been committed. He has actually put us in the position for the possibility of our President serving his term while incarcerated. Is that really good for the country?

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 10-28-2023 at 05:15 AM..

Old 10-28-2023, 05:08 AM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
I thrived Under Trump.

I was never shut down, during Covid. My town was opened - No Mask Mandates. I went to work, and Lived my life.

The Country is Gloom and Doom—Under Biden. Wars, Higher Crime, Murder.

My 401k Is a joke. Food is Sky High, Gas is Sky High. My utilities are sky high. Everything is Sky High, Under Biden. EVERYTHING.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:13 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I dont personally like him either. He had his problems.. But the man had his S*** together. And that all I ask. PERFORMANCE. It matters. I dont have to love you to respect you. Can you perform and lead me? Thats all I care about. Your actions speak louder than your Horse*** virtue signaling . And the man delivered. You have to separate business from "my butt hurts" feelings
Life is better under GOP leadership. We don't need Trump. We just don't need another 4 years of dems. He actually got little done. Did the wall get finished and did Mexico pay for it? Nope. Immigration reform, nope (if it had Biden would not have been able to let everyone in), infrastructure, nope. So the dems passed their bloated bill. Repeal and replace obamacare. Nope and nope.

Trump got 3 conservatives on the SCOTUS. One was because the GOP refused to vote on one during the end of Obama's term. Other 2 any GOP would have done the same.

We don't need Trump. Any other GOP candidate but not Trump. He will be in prison likely before election day. Why go there? Sacrafice him to the left. Pick another GOP candidate. If you pick Trump Biden will win again. And yes Biden won. That is the other big issue I have with Trump pushing phony election fraud nonsense.

Since Covid hit. Trump lost his mojo. First he ordered a 6 week shut down that we never fully recovered from. Then he ordered Operation Warp Speed. Bypassing a lot of the safeguards to get an unproven vaccine to the masses. He tried to outspend Pelosi with bigger stimilous checks. Then after losing the election he claimed he won and a series of missteps lead to Jan 6th. Then he holds onto documents for no reason other than because he was mad that he lost the election. Mid terms went horribly wrong. All his high profile candidates lost.

And now the majority of GOP want him to be the nominee. Because why? He is really mean to the dems. That is the one thing he can. Say mean things. And if he does actually go to prison by next summer? What is the backup plan? Trump takes off for Turkey or Russia in the middle of the night? The GOP nominee on the lamb? That is likely his backup plan.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-28-2023 at 05:36 AM..

Old 10-28-2023, 05:28 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Life is better under GOP leadership. We don't need Trump. We just don't need another 4 years of dems. He actually got little done. Did the wall get finished and did Mexico pay for it? Nope. Immigration reform, nope (if it had Biden would not have been able to let everyone in), infrastructure, nope. So the dems passed their bloated bill. Repeal and replace obamacare. Nope and nope.

Trump got 3 conservatives on the SCOTUS. One was because the GOP refused to vote on one during the end of Obama's term. Other 2 any GOP would have done the same.

We don't need Trump. Any other GOP candidate but not Trump. He will be in prison likely before election day. Why go there? Sacrafice him to the left. Pick another GOP candidate. If you pick Trump Biden will win again. And yes Biden won. That is the other big issue I have with Trump pushing phony election fraud nonsense.
Feels like reading the WSJ with this post, ignore the political witch-hunt over Trump but GOP is in good shape. Ignore the democrats splitting on pro and anti Israel. Ignore disastrous housing and auto markets with raging interest rates. But be nice and pick another GOP say……like Christie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies