Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 05:38 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Feels like reading the WSJ with this post, ignore the political witch-hunt over Trump but GOP is in good shape. Ignore the democrats splitting on pro and anti Israel. Ignore disastrous housing and auto markets with raging interest rates. But be nice and pick another GOP say……like Christie.
Ignore the fact that Trump will likely be in prison before election day? I am not in favor of these trials at all. But you cannot ignore them. Head in the sand is a doomsday scenario. DeSantis is ok. So is Vivek. Scott is good. Not Chistie or Pence. Desantis / Scott would be a good ticket.

Ignore Trump's future in prison and you lose to Biden. Pick any of the other candidates and you beat Biden. Simple as that. My guess is GA will have most of the co-conspirators flipped by spring and they will zero in on Trump with everyone testifying against him. Unless he can plea out. But I don't think he will avoid prison time.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:47 AM

1,420 posts, read 753,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
You have to separate business from "my butt hurts" feelings
Suffice it to say I disagree with your thread title. Life has never been better than now for me and mine.

Also, to the quote above, I would add that government is not business and a good businessman does not necessarily have the skills to be a good president.

Government should not have the same goals as business.

Old 10-28-2023, 06:00 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Say what you want about Trump and without question, he is a dick, but that’s OK since things were far better under him than with Biden. Yes, he made mistakes, but not as bad as Biden since it seems that everything Biden does, blows up.

As for COVID, “I” don’t blame him ONE BIT on the way he handled it from the beginning since he was faced with dealing with the unknown. He was 100% correct when he told everybody that it came from the Wuhan bio lab and the ENTIRE Left called him out on it and claimed that he was 100% wrong, but now, WE Now know that it did come from that bio lab in Wuhan, China now. Funny how quiet they were then they finally released that information. The Left used COVID to get rid of him and it worked.

It’s funny, but the Left was screaming bloody murder that “Trump was going to start World War 3!!” But!! The fact was that he brought balance to the world. China wasn’t as aggressive towards America, as they are now. Russia was in a box and wasn’t about to start any drama. Trump had a “Bro-Mance” with North Korea and Iran was slapped down when they stepped out of line.

Now look at today!! Where are all these great benefits that I’m too stupid to see that Bidenomics have given us?! I’m not seeing anything other than prices are constantly going up at the grocery store and gas is still way more expensive now. So!! How am I doing better today than I was doing in 2017 to 2019 before COVID?

Plus, TODAY, we are on the verge of going to war with Iran since they knew Biden is weak AND planned AND funded the Hamas attack on Israeli unarmed citizens AFTER BIDEN GAVE THEM 6 BILLION DOLLARS!! Now, Iran is attacking American troops in Syria and Iraq, over twenty separate times now. Biden response was to blow up two empty Iranian weapons depot. And Iran responded with more attacks on US troops in the Middle East!!

Biden is WEAK and incapable of leading the country. There is NOTHING Biden can say or do to convince me to rally under him. And if we end up in a war, I will not support him or his actions since his weakness is going to get our boys and girls killed since he has no idea what the heck he is going and our enemies do not fear him one single bit. The ONE tool the US has had to keep the peace was our strength of a swift and devastating military response to anybody that acted up. Today, everybody is laughing at the US since Biden is a clown.

None of this would be happening if Trump was President and this includes the war in Ukraine.

The only reason why Biden hasn’t been 25A at this point is that EVERYBODY knows that Harris is without question the dumbest person who has EVER landed in the #2 spot in leading the country. If Harris wasn’t so freaking stupid, Biden would have been gone last year, but everybody knows, to include myself, that make her the president would be the worst thing possible. Joe Biden sold out his country to the Chinese and to anybody that would pay in seven figures in $$$$$ or more, completely lost in the sauce since he isn’t sure of anything other than what his handler ps have written down on that stupid card he is always carrying since he has the attention span of a rock. Plus, he is beyond creepy around little girls.

I miss Trump and I am looking forward to voting for him a third time and if we are lucky AND the Democrats cannot cheat like they did in 2020, Trump will be re-elected in 2024. So in 2025, he can start the process of fixing everything the Left has destroyed.

Btw, Trump is leading in five of the seven Swing States, as of today. Without question, Biden will screw up again, causing more Americans to side with Trump… For their own best interests AND safety. I bet that the Democrats are now trying to figure out a way to “retire” Biden and move Newsom into position to run in 2024 since even they know Biden is toast with most of America now.

Old 10-28-2023, 06:05 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I thrived Under Trump.

I was never shut down, during Covid. My town was opened - No Mask Mandates. I went to work, and Lived my life.

The Country is Gloom and Doom—Under Biden. Wars, Higher Crime, Murder.

My 401k Is a joke. Food is Sky High, Gas is Sky High. My utilities are sky high. Everything is Sky High, Under Biden. EVERYTHING.

Exactly this! I had high hopes for my future retirement. Now seems like the only way I can retire is to move go another country. I wanted it to be my choice and not forced on me. Biden is the worst POTUS ever.

Old 10-28-2023, 06:15 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You sound like Trump, the only thing that matters is a good economy. Well some of us feel that there is more than that.

Again Trump mishandled COVID so badly he lost a 2nd term that was an absolute lock in Feb 2020. Who knows how many of his supporters died needlessly because Trump said COVID was "nothing to be afraid of"?

He needlessly caused millions of Americans to distrust our election system when it was and is working just fine.

His strong anti-immigration position caused nationwide xenophobia, resulting in things like the Trump guy verbally assaulting the Muslim family on a Texas beach and so much more.

January 6th caused the United States of America to be an embarrassment around the world.

And then is all the evidence of very serious crimes that may have been committed. He has actually put us in the position for the possibility of our President serving his term while incarcerated. Is that really good for the country?
You’re right; it looked like he would surely win re-election in early 2020, but then Covid hit and Trump botched it. You also forgot to mention the nationwide BLM protests and riots that went on the second half of 2020.

I know, right now many of you are saying “but Trump didn’t cause Covid” and “Trump didn’t kill George Floyd.” But by the same token, Biden didn’t cause inflation and he sure didn’t cause Russia to invade Ukraine. The competence of a President is measured by how he responds to challenges that arise, and on that score Biden is way ahead of Trump.

Old 10-28-2023, 06:17 AM

495 posts, read 327,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Suffice it to say I disagree with your thread title. Life has never been better than now for me and mine.

Also, to the quote above, I would add that government is not business and a good businessman does not necessarily have the skills to be a good president.

Government should not have the same goals as business.
This ... 100%

Old 10-28-2023, 06:25 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
At the end of the day regardless of how much you hate him... Life was better under Trump

He and his cronies' lives were that is for sure.

We (Our family) are better off now than we were under Trump. We are retired though. Our net worth has increased too.

Oh! and the economy is booming ....... now.
The people within the “have” will always do better than the people in the “have not.” So your situation isn’t the average outcome within Bidenomics.

If the economy is booming, why are people hurting across the country and why are food banks are now in a crisis mode?

Again, refer back to the “have” and the “have not.”

Old 10-28-2023, 06:41 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
At the end of the day regardless of how much you hate him... Life was better under Trump

He and his cronies' lives were that is for sure.

We (Our family) are better off now than we were under Trump. We are retired though. Our net worth has increased too.

Oh! and the economy is booming ....... now.

You call 8% + interest rates, and soaring inflation with half your paycheck for groceries a "booming" economy?

Old 10-28-2023, 07:27 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You’re right; it looked like he would surely win re-election in early 2020, but then Covid hit and Trump botched it. You also forgot to mention the nationwide BLM protests and riots that went on the second half of 2020.

I know, right now many of you are saying “but Trump didn’t cause Covid” and “Trump didn’t kill George Floyd.” But by the same token, Biden didn’t cause inflation and he sure didn’t cause Russia to invade Ukraine. The competence of a President is measured by how he responds to challenges that arise, and on that score Biden is way ahead of Trump.
Stop with the revisionist version of history. Trump did not botched Covid. He did everything a president did, which was stop travel from the place where it began, China and he fast tracked the vaccine. Everything else including all the lockdowns was by your Democrat governors and mayors to hurt Trump’s re-election chances. I remember all the arguing here by the Left defending their Democrats shutting the economy down because they were claimed to be worried about people’s lives and claiming that Trump and Republicans did not because they did not want the lockdowns. People here have such short memories.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:36 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You call 8% + interest rates, and soaring inflation with half your paycheck for groceries a "booming" economy?
IDK where y'all shop. Today, I will be cooking a 3.99 a pound shoulder roast, choice.

Cokes were 8.99 for 12 5 days ago. I did not buy. Today they are 3.99 for 12. I will buy.

When the price is more than one wants to pay, stop shopping. Do not but the item.

Half the problem is people pay what the vender wants. Why should the grocery store be concerned if we buy it no matter the price? Same goes for everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies