Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 04:00 AM

2,047 posts, read 863,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I dont personally like him either. He had his problems.. But the man had his S*** together. And that all I ask. PERFORMANCE. It matters. I dont have to love you to respect you. Can you perform and lead me? Thats all I care about. Your actions speak louder than your Horse*** virtue signaling . And the man delivered. You have to separate business from "my butt hurts" feelings
People often say what you just said that they “didn’t like Trump as a person but we’re OK with his politics“ and at the end of the day that’s how it should be in reality. We shouldn’t be electing our political leaders based on their gift to gab or BS us. Because that’s exactly what most of them do. We should be electing them on getting results and getting things done. And Trump definitely did that. Like him or not. Everything, in every category that any statistic is possibly kept, was far better under Trump than it is under Biden. And would continue to be better than it would be under any Democrat.

Old 10-29-2023, 04:06 AM

4,223 posts, read 2,539,116 times
If people love recessions and high unemployment, then sure, life was better under Trump. Trump couldn't get an agreement on immigration, he was on the cusp of one until Fox News came out against it; oil profits continue to soar, but there is zero chance of a windfall tax on that meanwhile, taxpayers support the oil industry with all types of tax credits and write-offs: tangible drilling costs, intangible drilling costs, all lease operating expenses, net losses can be used against income which means they intentionally operate wells that don't produce to offset profits; depletion allowances and on and on.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:00 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,134,823 times
All on your perception. He destroyed the Fed government from within. If you were on the making profit side of things -“ some” made great money. However, there are two sides to every coin. If you put his doings and undoings on a balance sheet - not so great.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:33 AM

24,730 posts, read 9,533,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
You think 1 person is responsible for the above things?
Why not? It works for progressives who blame Trump on everything from Russia's invasion to Hawaii's wildfires, to mass shootings, to Islamophobia.

Two can play at that game.

Old 10-29-2023, 12:24 PM

7,528 posts, read 5,776,147 times
He certainly exposed Washington corruption and they hated him for that. Ironic that they went after him and continue to for corruption they themselves were involved in. Then the country appears to have elected the most corrupt politician on the planet. Not only the most corrupt but the weakest and one with the IQ of a rock.

Old 10-29-2023, 12:33 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,741,944 times
Can't speak for anyone but myself, but life is pretty much the same for me as it was in 2016. The only thing that's really better is the I don't have to think about that ignorant blowhard Trump being president and his dumbass kids being his "advisors." I sleep a lot better at night knowing that grifter is no longer sitting in the oval office.

Old 10-29-2023, 01:41 PM

9,381 posts, read 7,004,637 times
I agree with the op and I can’t stand trump as a person; clearly Biden is the worst president in our history.

Old 10-29-2023, 02:14 PM

24,579 posts, read 17,321,260 times
Trump had his ups and downs and far too many times he put his foot in his mouth and got his thumbs tangled on Twitter but at his heart he is a people person and all he wanted to do was to MAGA which was meant for EVERY Citizen and LEGAL Immigrant.

Imagine how Great America would have been today if the Democrats had met Trump even half way with his pledges and policies but no they had to go to War with the man and it was an all out assault, all hands on deck and damn the torpedoes and damn the Collateral damage (us) approach when it came to destroying him.

Trump was right about so many things but the Left was too pig headed to agree and on day one Biden signed all those EO's to dismantle Trump's legacy but it was all to spite him because look at where we are now. We are flooded with Illegals to the point that Biden has started building the Wall and the Middle East is at War. What will that do to the price of gas which will add to the Inflation and possibly trigger a recession? Trump had us exporting energy. Biden shut it all down and said that he was going to shut down fossil fuels. How is that working out?

The Democrats showed us how ugly they could get when it came to Trump. Will it be any different in the future with any other Republican in the WH especially if that person is telling us the Truth and actually trying to help us?

Old 10-29-2023, 03:09 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,322,285 times
Joe Biden=LOSER.

Old 10-29-2023, 03:46 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IDK where y'all shop. Today, I will be cooking a 3.99 a pound shoulder roast, choice.

Cokes were 8.99 for 12 5 days ago. I did not buy. Today they are 3.99 for 12. I will buy.

When the price is more than one wants to pay, stop shopping. Do not but the item.

Half the problem is people pay what the vender wants. Why should the grocery store be concerned if we buy it no matter the price? Same goes for everything else.
A 12-pack of Coke is still $8.99 where I live. It was about $4.99 during the Trump years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies